Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Don't blame it on the Fans...

dockeryfan

FEDEX holds 40k more people than RFK yet it is not as big a home field adavantage. It is because the stadium and event staff don't have a clue as to what they are doing.

But no, it's the fans who are bad fans.

Tell you what. Everyone in this thread that actually goes to the games is immediately more qualified to make responses in this thread.

My input. I had never been to a Redskins game in my life, but two years ago when Joe Gibbs came back, I had some money saved up from my summer job and decided I wanted to go to the Tampa Bay season opener.

Looked at the prices on eBay and found them ridiculous. Season tickets looked like a slightly better deal, though, and got a pair on the 50-yard line. Was a little scared that the view might suck because of it being in the upper level, but turns out, they are probably the best seats I've ever had (went to a Purdue game where I was in the second row, went to a Virginia Tech game where I was in the endzone). You could just see everything.

Anyway, Redskins went 5-11 that year and I even skipped out on two games (Giants because it was finals week, Vikings because the Redskins were eliminated and the weather looked like it might rain).

The next year, I bought the same season tickets, hoping the Redskins would do so much better. But this time, I split games with a friend so I only went to four games. Redskins, of course, went 10-6, and I was lucky to witness a win in each of the games I went to (Seahawks, 49ers, Eagles, Giants).

This year, I was confident Redskins would be going to the Super Bowl. But I didn't buy season tickets, even though I have graduated and am making more in one month than I did in one year while I was a student.

Draw your own conclusions.

There are two different parties at work when it comes to the Redskins. There is the business model and the football model. Since the inception of Fedex Field the two lines have crossed in a way that is detrimental most to the team and the fan and beneficial most to the owner. It is not Dan Snyders fault that they play at Fedex however it is his responsibility to put out a desirable product. Now he has some help in the sense that he runs a rare kind of business, a kind of business that needs little to no generation of consumers. The market is set and the customer base is in place. He also has the advantage of retention. Fans are fans and they will take the ultimate corporate lashing for the teams they love. If and when the owner realizes or decides to allow the business end to enable the football end to be successful, that is when both products are at their peak.

The Redskins make more gross revenue than any team in football. They also spend more money than any team in football. And hence you have the problem right there. We are the team that all the free agents come to for their big paycheck. Money can spoil you. So it is only appropriate that the Redskins play in the Mosoleum of Greed, it is only appropriate that the masses are gouged to the gills and then given nothing but crumbs. Through spending habits, personell philosophies and business models the Redskins have become one of the most embarassing entitities in sports. When you think about it, the only ones truly suffering through this are the fans. Joe Gibbs, Clinton Portis, Sean Taylor, Gregg Williams, Al Saunders, Mark Brunnell and Dan Snyder may feel a little down on Sunday nights but they wake up rich on Monday.

But no, it's the fans who are bad fans.

Tell you what. Everyone in this thread that actually goes to the games is immediately more qualified to make responses in this thread.

No, we need to blame American economics and the politics that dictate the policies which affect the wealth distribution in the United States... to be distributed accordingly to Redskins fans who have the attention span to cheer for the home team while audio commercials are played over the speakers.

Dan Snyder is responsible for the fact that teams change ends at the end of quarters which delays the games and subdues the crowds. Again, he repeats this problem at half-time.

He further enhances the problem by selling food and beverages to consumers... who purchase the items at will without thinking of the consequences that at some point in the game... they may have to go to the washroom and eliminate undigestable matter.... which accounts for a significant percentage of fans that are unable to create a pre-determined amount of fan noise which ultimately affects how the results of a football game.

We need to screen applicants to determine how they intend on behaving at the stadium on games... to meet some unspecified requirements. These tests will include trivia, attention span test, loyalty test, patience tests (don't want you leaving the game before it's over), etc.

The reason why the Redskins have sucked since 1992 is the quantity of commercials played in the stadium.

If we can just ensure that Redskins fans can cheer for 3 hours straight to the best of their ability... regardless of what transpires on the football field... it will ensure repeated Super Bowls.

If you don't agree.... then you obviously don't attend football games or understand the intracacies of a football game.

Obviously, other teams and other stadiums... they don't play commercials. That's why the Redskins haven't been able to win on the road in over 15 years.

Maybe you were saying you thought it was a poor decision to play a commercial in the stadium during that break? (Instead of some music?)

I'm gathering that that is precisely what the threadstarter is saying. Instead of keeping the crowd going or pumping them up more, commercials started playing full blast...in the stadium. I don't think there is the complaint (here anyway) that they have to go to a commercial break, but that during said break, they actually play commercials in the stadium. I don't know who controls that, but I agree. Doing that sucks the life out of our stands.

Of course Snyder didn't decide directly, he does however decide to sell ad space on the jumbotron. Karl Swanson is in charge of the game day experience and he sucks at it.

Again, where do you guys get this crap?! Seriously.

Karl Swanson is NOT in charge of the game day experience. You aren't even in the same ball park. Mr. Swanson is Snyder's and the Redskins public mouthpiece (Sr Vice President and spokesperson)... he has absolutely NOTHING to do with game-day experience.

No, we need to blame American economics and the politics that dictate the policies which affect the wealth distribution in the United States... to be distributed accordingly to Redskins fans who have the attention span to cheer for the home team while audio commercials are played over the speakers.

Dan Snyder is responsible for the fact that teams change ends at the end of quarters which delays the games and subdues the crowds. Again, he repeats this problem at half-time.

He further enhances the problem by selling food and beverages to consumers... who purchase the items at will without thinking of the consequences that at some point in the game... they may have to go to the washroom and eliminate undigestable matter.... which accounts for a significant percentage of fans that are unable to create a pre-determined amount of fan noise which ultimately affects how the results of a football game.

We need to screen applicants to determine how they intend on behaving at the stadium on games... to meet some unspecified requirements. These tests will include trivia, attention span test, loyalty test, patience tests (don't want you leaving the game before it's over), etc.

The reason why the Redskins have sucked since 1992 is the quantity of commercials played in the stadium.

If we can just ensure that Redskins fans can cheer for 3 hours straight to the best of their ability... regardless of what transpires on the football field... it will ensure repeated Super Bowls.

If you don't agree.... then you obviously don't attend football games or understand the intracacies of a football game.

Obviously, other teams and other stadiums... they don't play commercials. That's why the Redskins haven't been able to win on the road in over 15 years.

As a season ticket holder for the last ten years I will say that much of what you say is true and the Redskin Fan does play a role and does need to shoulder some of the blame. For instance, getting into your seat for the team introduction. If you go to the game please do it. Stop your tailgate at 12:15 and get in the Stadium. People at home don't realize that our team is often introduced to less than half a full stadium. I seem to remember it being done before but can we get Karl Swanson in for a chat? He has to know how the fanbase feels about the stadium right?

Again, where do you guys get this crap?! Seriously.

Karl Swanson is NOT in charge of the game day experience. You aren't even in the same ball park. Mr. Swanson is Snyder's and the Redskins public mouthpiece (Sr Vice President and spokesperson)... he has absolutely NOTHING to do with game-day experience.

I only know what Sportstalk 980 tells me and they have him on to talk about the stadium. My simple point was that Snyder is not the single human being to blame. Why don't you tell us who is in charge then.

This is the type of thread which makes losing tree times as bad as it needs to be. I'm surrounded by friggin' idiots. :doh:

What did we expect? This is the type of reaction you are going to see when the hype in the off-season is so high, it is impossible to sidestep it. The way this team was hyped up...well, in everything, there is an action & an equal reaction. Welcome to the reaction.

He says that this board has gone to hell because the majority of us are stupid. Yeah, that's what being an ExtremeSkin is about. :rolleyes:

Absolutely. Ask anybody who has been here longer than you.

As the person who "founded" the site... I can tell you WHY it was created... and what it WAS about. And it was good enough to get the attention of the big guys.... how many other "fan sites" can say that?

That was back in April of 2005 when we still had 30,000 members. And I can tell you 90% of the people who MADE this site what it is today... are gone now. Go figure.

But hey.. you and your little kiddie friends have a "chatroom" thing going now on the Redskins dime... so it's all good.

The funniest part of this is you are so full of shat that you don't even realize it.

You don't go to games, so you have no frame of reference.

You think making some over the top answer that it is somehow American Economics half joke/half real answer will blind people to the fact that you have no idea what you are talking about.

The full volume commercials affect the product. And the times and manner they play them affect it as well.

Snyder is ultimately responsible.

The fact that you actually do not get this is comical.

I only know what Sportstalk 980 tells me and they have him on to talk about the stadium. My simple point was that Snyder is not the single human being to blame. Why don't you tell us who is in charge then.

Obviously, Snyder isn't to blame.

If I were so inclined to find out who the actual person is in charge (with the title) I might be inclined to download the digital version of the 2006 Washington Redskins Media Guide available on Redskins.com.

Everything you need/want to know is in there.

You don't go to games, so you have no frame of reference.

Again, one of us is full of crap.. and the other one actually has a clue.

http://www.hmfaeskimos.com/images/pete/Dsc05406.jpg

http://www.hmfaeskimos.com/images/pete/Dsc05407.jpg

http://www.hmfaeskimos.com/images/pete/Dsc05408.jpg

http://www.hmfaeskimos.com/images/pete/Dsc05411.jpg

http://www.hmfaeskimos.com/images/pete/Dsc05412.jpg

I've been to a few games recently...

And yet you refuse to admit that the commercials rob the crowd of energy.

And you were not there to even understand how this situation did exactly that.

Amazing.

I've heard of being a homer. You are taking it to new heights.

Congratulations.

Of course not.

Die Hard said so. He's got press passes and stuff.

And had meeting with Redskins Executives and officials and stuff.

And knows people within the organization and gets a few tidbits and stuff.

And reads about as much information - including all the chats - from the media and stuff.

And the alternative is a guy who figured out the "registration process" on ExtremeSkins and has an affinity for the POST REPLY and POST NEW TOPIC buttons.

Without Dockeryfan we have over 50,000 members...

Without Die Hard we have... well there is no we because there is no ExtremeSkins...Without Die Hard there is no ExtremeSkins.

Maybe these "experts" could open us up a real message board where everyone knows the Redskins gave the Titans their first win of the season because of an in stadium commercial.

... Your elitist and narcissistic ideas of what a message board should be are absolutely disgusting. Stay away from this board. This is the Internet, where everyone who has a TV not only DOES have an opinion, but SHOULD have an opinion, and it SHOULD be shared with the world.

We are the real fans. Just because you're absolutely incapable of grasping any sort of concept unless it's in total and complete agreement with your understanding of it does NOT make someone else wrong.

You're literally the most idiotic person that I've ever seen on this board who pretends to be a Redskins fan. I feel dirty for being associated with such a terrible person.

Well If you don't like what the Founders created, Please go out and start your own board. Personally, I am grateful that they took the time and effort to create something like this. Alot of us have become like family. Friendships are forged that may last a lifetime. I understand that you are upset that a commercial upsets the flow of the crowd, but dude, that is life.

Yeah, except, no. He says that this board has gone to hell because the majority of us are stupid. Yeah, that's what being an ExtremeSkin is about. :rolleyes:

Again, Go start your own board. Do you realize how much of an idiot you are sounding like in this thread? Seriously man, quit crying and get on with your life. If you don't like what goes on here, then leave. Adios. Why are you going to hang out at a place that pisses you off?

And had meeting with Redskins Executives and officials and stuff.

And knows people within the organization and gets a few tidbits and stuff.

And reads about as much information - including all the chats - from the media and stuff.

And the alternative is a guy who figured out the "registration process" on ExtremeSkins and has an affinity for the POST REPLY and POST NEW TOPIC buttons.

So far I've seen you insult and spread your feathers, but not really say anything of value.

The topic was full volume commercials at crucial times, and how they rob the stadium of energy. I gave a specific example when the Redskins tied the game at 22, the defense held them to three and out, and the commercial sucked the life out of the stadium. Posters who were actually at the game agreed.

Snyder is ultimately responsible for anything the Redskins do...good or bad.

You seem to be defending the commercials, even though they had a negative effect, and stating that Snyder isn't somehow responsible for everything that goes on in the stadium.

Like I said before, you are defending the indefensible. Go with that.

You seem to be defending the commercials, even though they had a negative effect, and stating that Snyder isn't somehow responsible for everything that goes on in the stadium.

Dec. 18th, 2005. Dallas Cowboys @ Washington Redskins. Nationally televised game.... Redskins win 35-7.

Same stadium. Same fans. Same ads on the wall. Same graphics on the Jumbotron. The same audio commercials over the PA. Except the stadium is cranked and hyped from the moment they opened the doors until they shut the power off at FedEx Field.

What's the difference? The team won, convincingly against a bitter division rival.

You wanna blame Snyder for crappy commercials that inhibited fans from cheering through them? Maybe YOU are part of the problem... crappy @ss fans like you that can't sustain your attention span for 2 minutes during a commercial.

Snyder isn't to blame... crappy fans like you are.

And yet you refuse to admit that the commercials rob the crowd of energy.

And you were not there to even understand how this situation did exactly that.

Amazing.

I've heard of being a homer. You are taking it to new heights.

Congratulations.

This is actually funny. First he says you don't know what you're talking about because you don't go to games. Upon proof otherwise, he says, you still don't know what you're talking about because you don't agree with me :laugh:

I don't really have an opinion either way, sure the commercials hurt the on field product, but everyone does that. It's just the way it is in a national sports league, there's going to be advertisements bombarding you. Somehow, it didn't stop me from getting up and screaming. It's not that I like them there but what're going to do? Support your team or cry like a ***** because the ads :disrtacted" you?

So far I've seen you insult and spread your feathers, but not really say anything of value.

The topic was full volume commercials at crucial times, and how they rob the stadium of energy. I gave a specific example when the Redskins tied the game at 22, the defense held them to three and out, and the commercial sucked the life out of the stadium. Posters who were actually at the game agreed.

Snyder is ultimately responsible for anything the Redskins do...good or bad.

Like I said before, you are defending the indefensible. Go with that.

So basically what it boils down to is that the fans who attend the games are too stupid to actually cheer through a commercial??

It's all about the talent on the field and their performance,period.

Archived