Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Don't blame it on the Fans...

dockeryfan

Dec. 18th, 2005. Dallas Cowboys @ Washington Redskins. Nationally televised game.... Redskins win 35-7.

Same stadium. Same fans. Same ads on the wall. Same graphics on the Jumbotron. The same audio commercials over the PA. Except the stadium is cranked and hyped from the moment they opened the doors until they shut the power off at FedEx Field.

What's the difference? The team won, convincingly against a bitter division rival.

You wanna blame Snyder for crappy commercials that inhibited fans from cheering through them? Maybe YOU are part of the problem... crappy @ss fans like you that can't sustain your attention span for 2 minutes during a commercial.

Snyder isn't to blame... crappy fans like you are.

Is this how you argue?

Those games were completely different.

And I was at that Dallas game (not sure if you were) but yes, there were times when the stadium gets guite to "listen" to the commercials.

Now it sounds like you are denying this actually happens.

Are you saying the stadium DOESN'T get quiet when they play commercials?

Now put it in a tie game situation, where the defense forces a three and out.

Jeebus, you weren't even there. You have no idea what you are talking about. And people believe your load of bullcarp.

Is this how you argue?

And I was at that Dallas game (not sure if you were) but yes, there were times when the stadium gets guite to "listen" to the commercials.

Jeebus, you weren't even there. You have no idea what you are talking about. And people believe your load of bullcarp.

NO. What he's saying is that the freakin commercials have nothing to do with it!!

It's all about the product on the field. Are you THAT dense?

Dam, there is a lot of Redskins fans yelling at each other in this thread. Next home game I'll buy tickets for Die Hard and Dockery Fan to sit next to each other and yell, that might get the crowd into it.

On a side note, for those of you who go to the Philly game this year I wish you good luck and safe travels. If the team plays the lackluster football they have so far this season it is going to be one bad day for you.

NO. What he's saying is that the freakin commercials have nothing to do with it!!

It's all about the product on the field. Are you THAT dense?

You are wrong. And if you were not there you have no idea how wrong you are.

People responded in this thread that witnissed just what I did.

I'm still just as loud as always, but I'm telling you, the fans shut up and "listen" to these commercials. And in a tie game in the 4th Q it's a time to disrupt the other team's spirit.

I think some of you will defend anything the Redskins do, for good or bad.

You are wrong. And if you were not there you have no idea how wrong you are.

People responded in this thread that witnissed just what I did.

I'm still just as loud as always, but I'm telling you, the fans shut up and "listen" to these commercials. And in a tie game in the 4th Q it's a time to disrupt the other team's spirit.

I think some of you will defend anything the Redskins do, for good or bad.

It wouldn't make a hoot in hell if all the fans sat on their hands and never said a word. If the team was any good, they'd still beat an inferior opponent.

If the damn commercials or fan noise had anything to do with the performance of a team, no team would win on the road.

Crazy people..............

It wouldn't make a hoot in hell if all the fans sat on their hands and never said a word. If the team was any good, they'd still beat an inferior opponent.

If the damn commercials or fan noise had anything to do with the performance of a team, no team would win on the road.

Yes. I'll agree with that. It is up to the players. But there is a reason teams win at home. Gibbs has even alluded to the fact that crowd noise affects the players.

Do you go to Fedex for games? Because it sounds like you do not.

So home field advantage has been a myth all along. I feel so used.

So home field advantage has been a myth all along. I feel so used.

Good teams win, period. Homefield advantage is just gravy.

I just wonder how in the hell the 91 Skins ever won on the road. Or last years team through December and January.

All that crowd noise and commercials against them, they must've been the greatest team of all time to overcome that and win.........:rolleyes:

Is this how you argue?

Um... yeah... I was there. Check out the press pass (date is on the bottom). On the sidelines the entire game with Blade. Taking pictures for my fellow Redskins fans... doing some good things for the members of ExtremeSkins.com. What do you do again except whine about stuff you know absolutely nothing about.

Is this how you argue?

They play commercials during breaks in the action. not even between plays. the crowd has never been on its feet screaming betwen quarters for instance. The case in point was after a 3 and out, with an injured player on the field, and the offense coming on to the field when the crowd should be quiet anyway. So what you are saying is there should have been some inspirational music that would have prompted the crowd to get noisy again the next time the Titans had the ball also.

And yes, home field advantage should not matter in this game. It sure didn't last year against SF. But I do remember the Eagle game being pretty rowdy.

It's hysterical the length that some people go to blame Snyder for things :laugh:

- Lack of Johnny on the spots in parking lot? Blame the CEO.

- Overpriced food and other items? Blame the CEO.

- Lack of bathroom facilities? Blame the CEO.

- Too many commericals during the game? Blame the CEO.

We have changed coaches,players,schemes,cordinators,Postion coaches,scouting, training etc. etc. Look at the churn created under snyder you couldn't run a small buisness with the churn this man has created. We are a orginazation that looks like a chicken with their head cut off. It starts up top. If we were winning Superbowls everybody would be praising Snyder beyond the heavans therefore the fact that we have not been a respectable football orginazation for over a decade he deserves all that is being said.

And yes, home field advantage should not matter in this game. It sure didn't last year against SF. But I do remember the Eagle game being pretty rowdy.

His premise was flawed from the start. And instead of recognizing it, he'd rather go down with his sinking argument thinking there's more honor in defending yourself than maintaining any kind of sensibility or integrity.

By dockeryfan's assertion... there were obviously no commercials playing in FedEx Field ever. Hence, the Redskins have been able to win at home (Jags) until now. These commercials were introduced for the first time this weekend. Don't you know?! ;)

Hence, we lost. The crowd didn't know how to react to commercials... and they were stunned into silence. Maybe after this weekend... more and more Redskins season ticket holders will become accustomed to hearing "commercials"... and they'll fight through the barriers they pose.

His premise was flawed from the start. And instead of recognizing it, he'd rather go down with his sinking argument thinking there's more honor in defending yourself than maintaining any kind of sensibility or integrity.

By dockeryfan's assertion... there were obviously no commercials playing in FedEx Field ever. Hence, the Redskins have been able to win at home (Jags) until now. These commercials were introduced for the first time this weekend. Don't you know?! ;)

Hence, we lost. The crowd didn't know how to react to commercials... and they were stunned into silence. Maybe after this weekend... more and more Redskins season ticket holders will become accustomed to hearing "commercials"... and they'll fight through the barriers they pose.

You are truly an idiot.

So far, you haven't actually denied that this happens.

That playing full volume commercials quiets the crowd. And that playing them at bad times robs the crowd of energy.

That is good, because that would make you very unobservant as well. Or a liar. One or the other.

We have changed coaches,players,schemes,cordinators,Postion coaches,scouting, training etc. etc. Look at the churn created under snyder you couldn't run a small buisness with the churn this man has created. We are a orginazation that looks like a chicken with their head cut off. It starts up top. If we were winning Superbowls everybody would be praising Snyder beyond the heavans therefore the fact that we have not been a respectable football orginazation for over a decade he deserves all that is being said.

I've been a critic of Snyder's in the past. If I'm pissed... I'll say it. I've been on Snyder... I've been on Gibbs. And I've been on Williams. I'll critique each situation individually as they arise.

And I can honestly say, after having met some of Dan's henchmen :) that I'm not particularly fond of a few of the people working under him either.

With that being said... we're talking about the effects of commercials during the game and the accountability for those effects.

You want to talk about a bottom-of-the-barrel conspiracy-theorist argument? It doesn't get any more putrid than this.

That's what I'm disputing in this thread. What you've written is a completely different conversation altogether. I can understand and appreciate both sides of the coin.

But believing that Snyder is ultimately responsible for the timing and quantity of commercial breaks during a game is just sheer stupidity. There's ONLY right and wrong... and the people that are wrong are dense.

Absolutely. Ask anybody who has been here longer than you.

As the person who "founded" the site... I can tell you WHY it was created... and what it WAS about. And it was good enough to get the attention of the big guys.... how many other "fan sites" can say that?

That was back in April of 2005 when we still had 30,000 members. And I can tell you 90% of the people who MADE this site what it is today... are gone now. Go figure.

But hey.. you and your little kiddie friends have a "chatroom" thing going now on the Redskins dime... so it's all good.

I'm glad that you're not around here much anymore. You represent everything that I don't want the Redskins to be. You are condescending, obnoxious, pretentious, narcissistic, self-inflating, and over-compensatory.

I'm sorry for the way that you live, for those that you live with, for those that have to be around you, and for those who have to witness how much of a disgrace that you are to not only our organization but to society as a whole.

I am a Redskins fan. I have as much of a right as anyone else to be on this board that the Redskins pay for with MY money. You can take your insider information, your press passes, and start-up companies and shove them where the Titans put their foot in the Redskins this weekend. You are better than NO ONE here, and from what I've seen of you, you are worse than most.

But believing that Snyder is ultimately responsible for the timing and quantity of commercial breaks during a game is just sheer stupidity. There's ONLY right and wrong... and the people that are wrong are dense.

Translation: Believing that the person in charge is in charge is a stupid belief.

:doh::rolleyes:

A few facts here:

- I don't work for the Redskins. I never have. I live in Canada for chrissakes.

- I haven't been affiliated with ExtremeSkins.com since January 2006 either.

- I'm not defending commercials.

- And having dealt a bit with the Redskins and having a little bit of insider information... I happen to know a helluva lot more than you do.

All I've done is addressed the fact that Snyder isn't responsible for those commericals played at a particular time. That is a fact.

Your opinions and posts are moronic.

His opinions and posts are far from moronic. I agree with the fact that it's obvious that Synder doesn't press a button to go to a "Stadium" commercial but he does hire the guy, who hires the guy that decides to play the "Stadium" commercial. Shat runs down hill in the corporate world but in the so called sports world it starts from the top. SYNDER needs to see what that "Stadium" commercial did to silence the crowd and berate the guy in charge of the guy that presses the button.

I wasn't at the game or even able to see it on TV but his descriptive post explains it pretty well. There have been a TON of posts about this, it's about time that he realizes what's going on. As a Skins fan himself he should've been in the STADIUM'S production office before the commercial even stopped playing asking "What the F are you guys doing, is anyone watching what just happened on the field."

Dockery Fan could've worded his post or thought it out better but if we're all Skins fans here let's stop jumping all over each other for God's sake!!!!

You are truly an idiot.

So far, you haven't actually denied that this happens.

That playing full volume commercials quiets the crowd. And that playing them at bad times robs the crowd of energy.

That is good, because that would make you very unobservant as well. Or a liar. One or the other.

You've attributed fault for it to Dan Snyder. That's the original issue. You're wrong.

Your secondary premise was whether or not the commercials effect the "energy" of the crowd. And my counterargument was that premise is faulty and inconsistent given the fact that under the exact same conditions on different dates.... the crowd has been among the most loud and boisterous in the NFL. The only difference being the *result* of the game.

You haven't argued otherwise. You're just going in circles repeating your original premise over and over and over.

Says the man with Azz in his name

Also, check out the date I joined the site. That would be PRE-filter era, thank you. If they felt the need for me to change my name because of that, there would have been dialogue between us & there would have been no problem.

Now, stop jumping on Die Hard's bandwagon in every conversation he has simply because you share a name with him & let the man speak for himself. Thanks. ;)

I'm glad that you're not around here much anymore. You represent everything that I don't want the Redskins to be. You are condescending, obnoxious, pretentious, narcissistic, self-inflating, and over-compensatory.

I'm sorry for the way that you live, for those that you live with, for those that have to be around you, and for those who have to witness how much of a disgrace that you are to not only our organization but to society as a whole.

I am a Redskins fan. I have as much of a right as anyone else to be on this board that the Redskins pay for with MY money. You can take your insider information, your press passes, and start-up companies and shove them where the Titans put their foot in the Redskins this weekend. You are better than NO ONE here, and from what I've seen of you, you are worse than most.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Translation: Believing that the person in charge is in charge is a stupid belief.

:doh::rolleyes:

No, translation is... you don't know who is in charge... and you're pointing fingers in the wrong direction.

You've got people in here who think Karl Swanson is in charge of game day operations for cripes sakes. That's exactly the type of foundation all of your arguments are based on (a lack of knowledge).

Some of you just have these preconceived notions and stereotypes of peoples... that you refuse to let go.

I don't know what happened in this thread, but dockeryfan has a complaint and that's it. Everyone just jumped becase he said Snyder aired the commercial. A small portion of the point in this thread.

Obviously, Snyder isn't to blame.

If I were so inclined to find out who the actual person is in charge (with the title) I might be inclined to download the digital version of the 2006 Washington Redskins Media Guide available on Redskins.com.

Everything you need/want to know is in there.

That's all you had to say from the beginning, or anyone else for that matter. Damn everyone's so touchy when we're losing.

No, translation is... you don't know who is in charge... and you're pointing fingers in the wrong direction.

You've got people in here who think Karl Swanson is in charge of game day operations for cripes sakes. That's exactly the type of foundation all of your arguments are based on (a lack of knowledge).

Some of you just have these preconceived notions and stereotypes of peoples... that you refuse to let go.

You're as arrogant a Redskins fan I've come across, name dropping just for the sake of seeming intelligent---get a life.

As I said in my other post, it doesn't DIRECTLY fall on Synder's shoulders but as CEO he hired the guys in charge of that department and they're doing a horrible job with fan involvment on game day-PLAIN AND SIMPLE. SYNDER needs to re-evaluate his hires or at least give them a strong talking to. Either way, it begins and ends with Synder!!!

Archived