Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Don't blame it on the Fans...

dockeryfan

It was early in the 4th quarter, the team had just tied the game at 22, with the Portis TD and a 2-point conversion.

The defense forces a three and out, with Vince Young stopped short of a first down on 3rd and long trying to scramble. He was injured on the play.

There were chants of D-fense going on all over the stadium, people cheering, etc. Our section was loud (which is a little wierd because there was an injured player on the field, but so be it.)

Synder immediately goes to a commercial, and the stadium turns quiet as a church.

This is potentially a HUGE turning point in the game, and he sucks the life out of the stadium... in an instant. I wish I had it on video to show you, because it was that dramatic.

I will say he upgraded the music since the Minnesota game. No more Quite Riot at least. That's good to see. But If you were at the game, you would have seen just how awful this decision to play a commercial really was. Full volume commercials serve only one purpose; to get everyone to shut up and listen. And that's exactly what happened.

I don't even know what the commercial was for, I just know it acted like an energy vampire.

Synder immediately goes to a commercial, and the stadium turns quiet as a church.

?????

I understand it may be difficult to see at a game, but the networks determine the commercial breaks, depending on how much the advertisers pay for certain blocks during the game. An injury time-out is the perfect opportunity for them to sneak one in. It has nothing to do with Dan Snyder.

It was early in the 4th quarter, the team had just tied the game at 22, with the Portis TD and a 2-point conversion.

The defense forces a three and out, with Vince Young stopped short of a first down on 3rd and long trying to scramble. He was injured on the play.

There were chants of D-fense going on all over the stadium, people cheering, etc. Our section was loud (which is a little wierd because there was an injured player on the field, but so be it.)

This is potentially a HUGE turning point in the game, and he sucks the life out of the stadium... in an instant. I wish I had it on video to show you, because it was that dramatic.

I will say he upgraded the music since the Minnesota game. No more Quite Riot at least. That's good to see. But If you were at the game, you would have seen just how awful this decision to play a commercial really was. Full volume commercials serve only one purpose; to get everyone to shut up and listen. And that's exactly what happened.

I don't even know what the commercial was for, I just know it acted like an energy vampire.

No, commercials make more money for him! :doh:

?????

I understand it may be difficult to see at a game, but the networks determine the commercial breaks, depending on how much the advertisers pay for certain blocks during the game. An injury time-out is the perfect opportunity for them to sneak one in. It has nothing to do with Dan Snyder.

I don't think you get it.

Yes, there was an injury timeout, and the networks go to commercial.

That doesn't mean the STADIUM has to play a commercial.

Go to other stadiums, and you will see what I mean. If they do have a commercial, it is packaged as a way to get the crowd involved, like in Baltimore with the "move those chains" and Under Armour. It's very simple, but it's a sublety lost on the advertising department for the redskins.

Seriously, if you were there, you would have heard the stadium get very quiet, very quickly.

It's hysterical the length that some people go to blame Snyder for things :laugh:

- Lack of Johnny on the spots in parking lot? Blame the CEO.

- Overpriced food and other items? Blame the CEO.

- Lack of bathroom facilities? Blame the CEO.

- Too many commericals during the game? Blame the CEO.

You'd think that Snyder doesn't have anybody working directly under him. I think you'd actually be surprised at the amount of people that micromanage each particular department (IT, marketing, food, building/stadium, etc).

I don't blame the fans. Coaches coach, player's play, neither is doing a good job right now. It's really that simple. And no it's not Dan's fault, either.

That being said, I don't blame the fans but I'm ****ing ahsamed by and disgusted with these lame, wannabe, no heart fans. The team's playing bad, yes, but if I wear a bag over my head to the next game, it'll be so no one recognizes me and associates me with the ***** ass ****es who dare to call themselves Redskins fans.

It's hysterical the length that some people go to blame Snyder for things :laugh:

You'd think that Snyder doesn't have anybody working directly under him. I think you'd actually be surprised at the amount of people that micromanage each particular department (IT, marketing, food, building/stadium, etc).

Uh, I was with you, but all of those things ARE his fault. I don't care if he has people under him, he's the CHEIF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, meaning that he's in charge of how things are EXECUTED.

The orginial poster is right, as if they'd played SOMETHING to get us involved or had the announcer say SOMETHING, then it would've helped tremendously. I remember after that play I turned to my mother and said, "THAT is what momentum does!" Then the whole stadium dropped dead because the speakers were blasting some stupid ad, then we effed it up on the field, and I turned to her again and said, "That's what momentum does when it goes the other way."

ALL of those things are Snyder's responsibilities. Poor post.

LOLOL LMFAO.

You have got to be kidding me. You must work for the redskins if you really think this acceptable. Patsy.

If this were an Eagles board, I'd call you spadaro. Almost as bad as Art posting a link to buy a friggin hat for the Redskins.

Full volume commercials at crucial times in the game.

And you defend them.

You, sir, are a joke.

I don't think you get it.

Yes, there was an injury timeout, and the networks go to commercial.

That doesn't mean the STADIUM has to play a commercial.

Go to other stadiums, and you will see what I mean. If they do have a commercial, it is packaged as a way to get the crowd involved, like in Baltimore with the "move those chains" and Under Armour. It's very simple, but it's a sublety lost on the advertising department for the redskins.

Seriously, if you were there, you would have heard the stadium get very quiet, very quickly.

Naw man...you are not getting it...No one is doubting the crowd maybe being softened by a commercial (although if you ask me, that sounds weak)...What you dont get is, it has NOTHING to do with Snyder...He is not in his little luxury suite, with a big giant red button that runs the productions side of things at FedEx..He is our owner, and has nothing to to with that..NOTHING, especially not "during" a game.

Uh, I was with you, but all of those things ARE his fault. I don't care if he has people under him, he's the CHEIF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, meaning that he's in charge of how things are EXECUTED.

The orginial poster is right, as if they'd played SOMETHING to get us involved or had the announcer say SOMETHING, then it would've helped tremendously. I remember after that play I turned to my mother and said, "THAT is what momentum does!" Then the whole stadium dropped dead because the speakers were blasting some stupid ad, then we effed it up on the field, and I turned to her again and said, "That's what momentum does when it goes the other way."

ALL of those things are Snyder's responsibilities. Poor post.

CEO's don't micromanage. They hire the best qualified professionals in the industry to run their respective divisions. CEOs only intervene when a department is underperforming.

Given that the Redskins have increased their value of the franchise dramatically... where it has become the most valuable sports franchise in North America... the numbers speak for themselves.

That's why you see Snyder focused on purchasing other ventures like Six Flags... because the Redskins franchise is doing great.

Maybe one day... when you get a grownup job you'll figure out corporate infrastructure all by yourself.

Many of you are mssing the point of the orginal poster. He was not commenting on the TV timeout. He was saying that in the stadium during the time-out the stadium announcers / sound crew played an obnoxiously loud commercial instead of allowing the fans to continue to cheer the team. The basically drowned out an excited crowd with an advertisement. Then when play resumed the crowd had lost its momentum and was not as loud.

While Snyder has nothing to do with the timing of the commercial, he does likely have an impact on the quanity of commercials (which are numerous).

LOLOL LMFAO.

You have got to be kidding me. You must work for the redskins if you really think this acceptable. Patsy.

If this were an Eagles board, I'd call you spadaro. Almost as bad as Art posting a link to buy a friggin hat for the Redskins.

Full volume commercials at crucial times in the game.

And you defend them.

You, sir, are a joke.

A few facts here:

- I don't work for the Redskins. I never have. I live in Canada for chrissakes.

- I haven't been affiliated with ExtremeSkins.com since January 2006 either.

- I'm not defending commercials.

- And having dealt a bit with the Redskins and having a little bit of insider information... I happen to know a helluva lot more than you do.

All I've done is addressed the fact that Snyder isn't responsible for those commericals played at a particular time. That is a fact.

Your opinions and posts are moronic.

Many of you are mssing the point of the orginal poster. He was not commenting on the TV timeout. He was saying that in the stadium during the time-out the stadium announcers / sound crew played an obnoxiously loud commercial instead of allowing the fans to continue to cheer the team. The basically drowned out an excited crowd with an advertisement. Then when play resumed the crowd had lost its momentum and was not as loud.

While Snyder has nothing to do with the timing of the commercial, he does likely have an impact on the quanity of commercials (which are numerous).

Uh, no he doesn't. Perhaps the people in charge of marketing, sales, advertising.... the guys who NEGOTIATE the deals and parameters of such deals are responsible for the quantity of the commercials. And I'm sure they work with the PA as far as structure and format.

Again, blaming the CEO of these type of micro-matters is ridiculously insane.

CEO's don't micromanage. They hire the best qualified professionals in the industry to run their respective divisions. CEOs only intervene when a department is underperforming.

Given that the Redskins have increased their value of the franchise dramatically... where it has become the most valuable sports franchise in North America... the numbers speak for themselves.

That's why you see Snyder focused on purchasing other ventures like Six Flags... because the Redskins franchise is doing great.

Maybe one day... when you get a grownup job you'll figure out corporate infrastructure all by yourself.

Don't you dare talk down to me. I don't know who the hell you think you are, or if because your member count, age of the person in your signature, and IQ are all the same number means that you can talk to me like that, but back off.

Your logic is absolutely ridiculous. Snyder's responsible for the Redskins's success as a franchise; you said this, so when there's something WRONG with the Redskins, such as the crap "JUMBO"trons or the lack of facilities or the crap-timed commercials, then he's NOT responsible? Only when things are going well? Retarded.

"CEOs only intervene when a department is underperforming." How can one tell when a department is "underperforming?" When its consumer base is complaining. We are the consumer base. We are complaining. Did you see how empty the stadium was? Do you want me to break it down further for you, sweetie, or do you understand?

I love Snyder, and I think that he's a great owner, but there are things that suck. When things suck, then it's those in charge that are responsible. You can't give him credit for the franchise's success and give him no blame for its shortcomings. Do you got that, honey? Or maybe 32 isn't your personal blooming threshold?

Post script: Proofread, especially when you want to talk down to someone.

Uh, no he doesn't. Perhaps the people in charge of marketing, sales, advertising.... the guys who NEGOTIATE the deals and parameters of such deals are responsible for the quantity of the commercials. And I'm sure they work with the PA as far as structure and format.

Again: Proofread. I'll break it down really simply for you:

Snyder = In charge of everything.

Something good happens = Snyder's doing.

Something bad happens = Snyder's doing.

Snyder hires someone = That person is Snyder's responsibility.

You know, how when your manager hired you to make the french fries, because with your people skills you clearly couldn't use the register, and the fries were bad, then the customers would justifiably yell at the manager for your mistakes. Same thing. It's ultimately the manager's fault because he made the mistake of hiring you. I'm sorry if that's too hard for you to grasp.

A few facts here:

- I don't work for the Redskins. I never have. I live in Canada for chrissakes.

- I haven't been affiliated with ExtremeSkins.com since January 2006 either.

- I'm not defending commercials.

- And having dealt a bit with the Redskins and having a little bit of insider information... I happen to know a helluva lot more than you do.

All I've done is addressed the fact that Snyder isn't responsible for those commericals played at a particular time. That is a fact.

Your opinions and posts are moronic.

- Saying that you live in Canada isn't going to win you points.

- Being here a long time doesn't make you a better fan and it doesn't make you important. You've been here longer than Om, Art, Henry, Pete, and Jumbo, too, but I'll take them all over you.

- You deal with the Redskins as an insider? They actually TALK to people like you and you help affect their lives and the course of the franchise? No wonder everyone hates the front office.

Snyder IS responsible for the commercials. You are wrong. Stop posting.

I am sure the sales guys do not report up the ladder at all and have complete authority over the quanity and content of the ads. If you believe that, you are as naive as your posts indicate.

I am sure the sales guys do not report up the ladder at all and have complete authority over the quanity and content of the ads. If you believe that, you are as naive as your posts indicate.

Oh shut up. You've only been here since June of 2006, so your opinions don't matter, remember? :rolleyes:

Yes, the commercial being played did attribute to quieting the crowd, but maybe the fact that it was an INJURY timeout had something to do with it too??

And blaming a commercial for the crowd not being loud is BS. It is the crowd's fault for letting that happen, not Snyder or the person he has in charge of what they do during breaks. I was one of the few in my section that was still being as loud as possible at that point.....but the overall crowd noise during the game was almost as depressing and pathetic as the Redskins performance. I know it's hard when the team isn't playing well, but come on! ZERO false start penalties for the Titans... :doh: :mad:

Archived