Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carl Banks Is A Frickin' Idiot

Hooper

So I'm listening to Sirius Radio. Carl Banks has a show. Why? I have no idea. The guy was a great player, but he is seemingly oblivious when it comes to today's NFL. Today he was talking about Shawn Springs and it was classic. According to Banks --

"Springs has been injured or suspended almost the whole time he's been on the Skins so him being out now is no big loss."

Um, excuse me guy with his own football show. Springs hasn't been suspended once. And before this year, he missed what, two games over the past two seasons?

But wait, it gets better. To further make his point, Banks said that Springs "did nothing against Dallas two weeks ago. He's overrated, like Charles Woodson."

There's one thing Woodson and Springs have in common. Neither played a down against Dallas two weeks ago.

Sirius NFL radio is one thing I have been very disappointed in, although it was one reason I got Sirius, for many reasons and Banks is one of them. Banks is such a Parcells homer its absurd. He never has anything postive to say about anyone unless its related to Parcells in some way. But there are others....Adam "hey there good buddy, havent talked with you in a while" Schien is another.

what does Banks do for a living now? I think he's in the garment business in NY. He probably doesn't watch any NFL games other than the Giants. And since the Skins haven't played NY since last December, Banks obviously doesn't know anything about this year's team.

anyone hear Phil Simms? typical Giant homer. even at 1-2 and giving up 24 and 42 points in consecutive games he thinks the Giants will 'control' the Redskins offense.

someone needs to tell Phil that LT and Harry Carson are no longer playing on the D.

for every Ron Jaworski there are a mess of ex-NFLers that don't seem to have the first clue when commenting on their sport.

Steve Young and Tom Jackson never get their game predictions right. Their insights on certain players is often shown to be mistaken.

Locally, Brian Mitchell is full of syrup on his radio show. He has no feel for this Redskins team just like he had no feel for the 2005 squad.

He wrote the Skins off last year and they made the playoffs. This past week he didn't think the team had a shot at beating Jacksonville.

For a guy that played for Gibbs he sure doesn't evince any confidence in his former head coach to overcome adversity and move ahead with his team.

Its stories I hear about morons on satellite radio sports shows that turns me off from buying a subscription.

NFL channel on Sirius really has bad hosts and problems. From Banks and Schien already described, you also have Papa (ooh yea the voice of the Giants), Jerry Rice who thinks that a team should build around WR's. Another note on Rice is that everybody that calls in kisses his Butt ("Your the best player of all time I really enjoyed watching you play") OK but it gets annoying at about the 10th time that hour. And how could I forget Moose, which brings out every cowpuke fan and he is no where near as unbiased as he is on TV and worst of all at least once a day he relives his glory days in some fashion.

BOTTOM LINE: Dont get Sirius for the NFL channel!

So I'm listening to Sirius Radio. Carl Banks has a show. Why? I have no idea. The guy was a great player, but he is seemingly oblivious when it comes to today's NFL. Today he was talking about Shawn Springs and it was classic. According to Banks --

"Springs has been injured or suspended almost the whole time he's been on the Skins so him being out now is no big loss."

Um, excuse me guy with his own football show. Springs hasn't been suspended once. And before this year, he missed what, two games over the past two seasons?

But wait, it gets better. To further make his point, Banks said that Springs "did nothing against Dallas two weeks ago. He's overrated, like Charles Woodson."

There's one thing Woodson and Springs have in common. Neither played a down against Dallas two weeks ago.

Well he does have a Half a point when we did play Dallas Springs did nothing

Whoa Whoa Whoa hold up.... You guys didnt even mention what he said that was worse than that. As soon as I turned the radio on and heard him I started yelling with no one else in the car. I tryed to call in to tell the guy off but it took to long. Here is what he also said:

he does not understand how we keep getting all the lucky plays. He said anytime we are not doing anything on offense, Brunell just chucks it up to Santana. Basically calling mark brunell a bum and saying that if players in the NFL could tackle we would never win (this is not an exaggeration). He said we always pull these plays out of nowhere. He then started slaming the whole offense saying no one was duing anything until brunell chucked it up to santana :insane:

Then Derrick Dockery called in and he said the same thing to him!!! This guy is amazing!!!!!!! Im sure I missed alot of what he said because of all the yelling but WOW

Archived