Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hand In Your " The Future is Now!" sigs here: Here's your chance!

LoudMouth12thMan

pathetic. stop bein a negative nancy

Negative Nancy??

Golly gee Wally, can the Beav come out to play??

It's called being realistic or not getting your hopes up too high.

Mark played well today. That's one game vs NCAA talent(Texans). Like I said, we'll find out what he's made of next week.

Don't get me wrong, I hope he shuts me up by playing well.

What do you define as PLAY WELL?

No loopholes. :)

No turnovers. Over 170 yards passing and actually stretch the field(throw it more than 15 yards downfield,physically in the air, and complete a couple of those). And a td or two.

He does that....sig comes down, and I'll shut up about his performance.

Negative Nancy??

Mark played well today. That's one game vs NCAA talent(Texans). Like I said, we'll find out what he's made of next week.

Whats your defenition of playing well? I mean you havent said anything positive in weeks that I have read. Give it a rest at least for today. ;)

I'll eat a little crow. Not value meal crow, but ill take the $1.00 menu crow. All along I have said he looked petrified and scared and stared at the pass rush. He didnt do it today. Jaxsonville will present problems upfront and will look to take away the short stuff. If he steps up and hits a few things deep and doesnt turn the ball over next week I will be the first to say I was wrong. Next week is definetly the real test, not only for Mark but for every unit. I will gladly take the sig off next week if he steps up and plays well against Jax.

i honestly think that anyone who changes their mind about brunell based on one game against probably the worst defense in the nfl is a lot more ridiculous than people who are bashing him for his first 2 pitiful performances. its great he set the record, it really is. but he did it by largely doing what he did the first 2 games. dumping off the ball. look at cooley for crying out loud 4 catches for 18 yards(4.2 yards per catch), moss 6 catches for 50 (8.4 yards per catch), someone would have to fill in on how portis got his 76 yard catch, was it a dumpoff that portis turned into a great run after catch or was it a deep throw. he did have a 25 yarder to DP but i wouldnt exactly call that bombing away down the field.

like i said, hats off to brunell for the record but stop acting like the guy suddenly turned into tom brady or joe montana overnight.

Negative Nancy??

Its called not recognizing a great performance. The point is not who he played but how he played. When you throw 22 balls for completions consecutively, you are in elite company. These last two weeks were not Brunells fault alone, and you who fail to recognize that, point, fingers, and post sigs' that show your ignorance, make guys like me want to take you behind the proverbial woodshed. Since I can't do that physically, my intention is to do it verbally. I think I'm getting the job done as are many vets on this board who despise your mentality. Its nothing short of disgusting. More importantly, Brunell got it done today and its sad to see so many "fans" poo poo his stellar performance. Don't say you support him or that you are happy for him and then refuse to give him props by removing that negative b.s. sig'. Show me (ME being the organization, its team, its staff, its qb) that you are a real Redskins fan, don't tell me.

HTTR!

I'm going to agree 100%. Sorry for swingin' on Tarhog's nuts, but that's the point of this thread. You (that have this sig') are showing absolutely no faith or class by keeping that sig. It clearly shows that you don't grasp the concepts of fighting through adversitiy. When you can't recognize that our starting qb made a statement with his record breaking performance today, it shows that you are nothing more than a suspect Redskins fan. I can't stand that mentality and I will never support it.

HTTR!

I fully understand you wearing your B & G glasses. However, Brunell just hasn't shown us anything today (and certainly not in either of the first two games) that indicates he's capable of beating a real defense that has actually gameplanned for the WCO we appear to be running now.

Last season was an entirely different matter. You'll notice that then, I was one of the first to admit that I was wrong and that Brunell looked entirely different than the "Scott" Brunell we became accustomed to in the 2004 season.

In this case it appears we've simply changed the offense to suit his diminished level of play. If it so happens that he's able to make our WCO work against real defenses that are expecting it, then I'll change my tune. Until then, he still sucks in my book.

Its called not recognizing a great performance. The point is not who he played but how he played. When you throw 22 balls for completions consecutively, you are in elite company. These last two weeks were not Brunells fault alone, and you who fail to recognize that, point, fingers, and post sigs' that show your ignorance, make guys like me want to take you behind the proverbial woodshed. Since I can't do that physically, my intention is to do it verbally. I think I'm getting the job done as are many vets on this board who despise your mentality. Its nothing short of disgusting. More importantly, Brunell got it done today and its sad to see so many "fans" poo poo his stellar performance. Don't say you support him or that you are happy for him and then refuse to give him props by removing that negative b.s. sig'. Show me (ME being the organization, its team, its staff, its qb) that you are a real Redskins fan, don't tell me.

HTTR!

In multiple threads I have said of Mark's performance today:

Good game Mark. You managed the game well.

It's called reading/research. Try it sometime..............

For goodness sakes the guy threw one ball that traveled more than 5 yards in the air the whole game. :doh:

yep in fact he threw 22 of um' consecutively. That gives you 110 yards, more than likely a TD, and a ground game that produced 200+ yards. Get the supporting cast to help make you two deminsional, and you get these type of performances from a playoff caliber qb like Brunell. Oh you're right...Aaron Brooks throws a hell of a deep ball and he'll give you one or two explosive plays down the field in a given game. Why in the hell didn't we pick him up? Jeezus, we've got the wrong guy at the healm. Football is about 75 yard deep balls for TD's. It isn't about management from a drive standpoint and from a clock standpoint. What are we doing? :mad:

Your buddy was yelling last night about not running the ball enough, and now you are telling me we should throw the ball deep. Which is it guys? Its apparent that you all clearly don't understand this game.

HTTR!

In multiple threads I have said of Mark's performance today:

Good game Mark. You managed the game well.

It's called reading/research. Try it sometime..............

No offense meant as far as my woodshed comment. I meant it on the whole Diesel. Stop masking your failure to support our TEAM. Brunell is a key component within that word. Without support for him, you cannot say you believe in this team. You can't talk out of both sides of your mouth. Credibility, read it, learn it, let it simmer. I can assure you, I comprehend your posts. I just can't understand your mentality. Its not that of a Redskins fan, to me. But, that's my belief...you've clearly made yours crystal clear.

HTTR!

For goodness sakes the guy threw one ball that traveled more than 5 yards in the air the whole game. :doh:

Dude he threw 3. One was an incompletion near the end zone carrying the receiver out of bounds that was nullified by a BS roughing the QB penalty. One was a pass over the middle thrown right to a LB who let it slide right through his hands and ended up in Randle El's ?? hands but was called back on a holding penalty. And then there was the attempted murder of little David Patten by throwing a pass 2 feet over his head and leading him defenseless to a DB. Awesome play by Patten gave Brunell another completion...

yep in fact he threw 22 of um' consecutively. That gives you 110 yards, more than likely a TD, and a ground game that produced 200+ yards. Get the supporting cast to help make you two deminsional, and you get these type of performances from a playoff caliber qb like Brunell. Oh you're right...Aaron Brooks throws a hell of a deep ball and he'll give you one or two explosive plays down the field in a given game. Why in the hell didn't we pick him up? Jeezus, we've got the wrong guy at the healm. Football is about 75 yard deep balls for TD's. It isn't about management from a drive standpoint and from a clock standpoint. What are we doing? :mad:

Your buddy was yelling last night about not running the ball enough, and now you are telling me we should throw the ball deep. Which is it guys? Its apparent that you all clearly don't understand this game.

HTTR!

Any nfl qb should be able to "manage" a game when they dont face any pressure the whole game. Brunell looks the oldest and most disoriented when he's faced with pressure and doesn't know how to react...fortunately something he didn't have to deal with today. And no, obviously football isn't about throwing 75 yard deep balls, but its about the ability to do so that keeps most nfl defenses from stacking the box and taking away the underneath game...ala dallas last week.

Archived