Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hand In Your " The Future is Now!" sigs here: Here's your chance!

LoudMouth12thMan

yep in fact he threw 22 of um' consecutively. That gives you 110 yards, more than likely a TD, and a ground game that produced 200+ yards. Get the supporting cast to help make you two deminsional, and you get these type of performances from a playoff caliber qb like Brunell. Oh you're right...Aaron Brooks throws a hell of a deep ball and he'll give you one or two explosive plays down the field in a given game. Why in the hell didn't we pick him up? Jeezus, we've got the wrong guy at the healm. Football is about 75 yard deep balls for TD's. It isn't about management from a drive standpoint and from a clock standpoint. What are we doing? :mad:

Your buddy was yelling last night about not running the ball enough, and now you are telling me we should throw the ball deep. Which is it guys? Its apparent that you all clearly don't understand this game.

HTTR!

It's called a diversified offense. And we aren't talking about DEEP passes. Just the intermediate stuff that was KC's and Indy's bread and butter the last couple years to help create two of the best offenses in the NFL. If you think sweeps and screens are all this team needs from its passing game to make a serious run in the playoffs, YOU sir are the one that does not understand this game. Just the threat of a pass over the middle would be enough. But Brunell can't or won't or isn't being asked to do it and this team stands at 1-2 with three tough games in the next 4 weeks...

Any nfl qb should be able to "manage" a game when they dont face any pressure the whole game. Brunell looks the oldest and most disoriented when he's faced with pressure and doesn't know how to react...fortunately something he didn't have to deal with today. And no, obviously football isn't about throwing 75 yard deep balls, but its about the ability to do so that keeps most nfl defenses from stacking the box and taking away the underneath game...ala dallas last week.

Portis=not stacking the box

Portis=good pass pro'

Portis=making the defense play honest

No Portis=Loss in Dallas; 10 carries against Vikes=Loss

Boy Roethlisberger sure looked pretty old on Monday night. He had a wittle fever...don't even try this angle. I felt it coming, so I just wanted to throw that out there. Any qb in this league that get's pressure will often fail. Don't give me this b.s. Nice try fella'. Keep fishin' oh fisher of men.

HTTR!

It's called a diversified offense. And we aren't talking about DEEP passes. Just the intermediate stuff that was KC's and Indy's bread and butter the last couple years to help create two of the best offenses in the NFL. If you think sweeps and screens are all this team needs from its passing game to make a serious run in the playoffs, YOU sir are the one that does not understand this game. Just the threat of a pass over the middle would be enough. But Brunell can't or won't or isn't being asked to do it and this team stands at 1-2 with three tough games in the next 4 weeks...

Dishin' out a big bowl of sarcasm. Someone clearly missed that. ;) Edit: you aren't comprehending my posts obviously. I though our signals got crossed. I assure you, my record is pretty good with regard to relevant and worthy points of view on this board. I think you need to read through the thread to understand what we're talking about. We don't need Brunell to throw for 350 yards with multiple 30+ yard passes. That's not what we're asking him to do. This is moot. Think what you will. Go through my posts, and see if this staff has mentioned some of the things that I've been talking about since Monday morning. Actually, I could care less what you think about my posts. So, there you have it.

HTTR!

Portis=not stacking the box?!?!?! Did you honeslty just mean to say this or was it a mistype??? And you're calling other people out for having low football IQ's. I'm not even going to bother trying to argue this one :doh: .

My opinion of Brunell and in particular his vast limitations as a QB has not changed.

However, the man did set an NFL record. That deserves praise and respect. Also, for me the sig was an expression of frustration over inept QB play, certainly it was never meant to offend a segment of Skins fandom.

So in the spirit of a Redskins win, Mark Brunell having a record setting day and in the interest of fan unity going into a big game this week, I'll remove the picture from the sig.

Portis=good pass pro'

Portis=making the defense play honest

No Portis=Loss in Dallas; 10 carries against Vikes=Loss

Boy Roethlisberger sure looked pretty old on Monday night. He had a wittle fever...don't even try this angle. I felt it coming, so I just wanted to throw that out there. Any qb in this league that get's pressure will often fail. Don't give me this b.s. Nice try fella'. Keep fishin' oh fisher of men.

HTTR!

so what you are saying is Mark Brunell means nothing to this offense and can't carry it if Portis has to sit out? So what you are saying is the redskins need to find a QB that might actually be able to win a game without Portis, you know, for a little insurance since he has a bum shoulder that might not heal properly for quite awhile? Kinda sucks for the season to be over because 1 player on offense gets hurt doesn't it?

And Roethlisberger looks rusty having not played much and is probably a little gun shy after nearly DYING in a MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT. And then HAVING SURGERY less than TWO WEEKS AGO FOR APPENDICITIS.

Dishin' out a big bowl of sarcasm. Someone clearly missed that. ;) Edit: you aren't comprehending my posts obviously. I though our signals got crossed. I assure you, my record is pretty good with regard to relevant and worthy points of view on this board. I think you need to read through the thread to understand what we're talking about. We don't need Brunell to throw for 350 yards with multiple 30+ yard passes. That's not what we're asking him to do. This is moot. Think what you will. Go through my posts, and see if this staff has mentioned some of the things that I've been talking about since Monday morning. Actually, I could care less what you think about my posts. So, there you have it.

HTTR!

Yeah you pretty much lost me then...not sure if you are trying to make a point in this thread or not...

Portis=not stacking the box?!?!?! Did you honeslty just mean to say this or was it a mistype??? And you're calling other people out for having low football IQ's. I'm not even going to bother trying to argue this one :doh: .

Having Portis=Defenses not stacking the box. Is that unclear?

Read, assess, process...I guess I just had to spell it out for the "Slow" people :doh:

HTTR!

I don't even have that sig, and I respect Brunell's achievement today, but I still do have reservations about him. I also don't think it is fair to malign the nature of someone's committment to their team just because they happen to disagree with you. I think we can all safely say that we want our Skins to do well and want Brunell to play well. That being said, you can't really say that who we played had nothing to do with the plays we used working. Yes he completed 22 consecutive passes and that is wonderful, but he also had very little pressure and (as has been said already ad nauseam, so I apologize) really didn't throw much over a few yards. Drinking the Koolaid feels good but we also need to be realistic...very few of the defenses we will be playing soon will be so easy to sucker with the same plays over and over. As other posters have said it isn't necessarily that it is all about 75 yard pass plays or even intermediate pass plays, but it is the threat of it and that is something that we seem to lack so far. A very good defense will take advantage of that. So it remains to be seen if Brunell can respond and keep his play up in the more difficult games to come. I for one certainly hope that he can. We know he can bounce back from slumps...here is to hoping this bounce back is real and will last.

:cheers:

Fact is fellas'. I've been right about this stuff all week, and none of you are willing to show some humility. Quite frankly, you're all clearly not the kind of Redskins fans that I consider to be true. I think that you all are clearly fairweather, suspect, front runners. I think you'd fair better if you just wait until February and then you can pick up a new team. Unless of course we (by some miracle...in your eyes) are one of the two teams. You all have no faith, show no support, and are no Redskins fan. I hear the Colts are 3-0, try Mr. Manning out for a while. He won't let you down come January :doh: After all, who needs a team like the Redskins. We've got an old/washed up coach with no history of success. No wonder we have Brunell in as our qb, we've got an idiot at the healm :doh: You all could do his job. I'm clearly not making sense to many of the geniuses that are flooding this thread.

HTTR!

Fact is fellas'. I've been right about this stuff all week, and none of you are willing to show some humility. Quite frankly, you're all clearly not the kind of Redskins fans that I consider to be true. I think that you all are clearly fairweather, suspect, front runners. I think you'd fair better if you just wait until February and then you can pick up a new team. Unless of course we (by some miracle...in your eyes) are one of the two teams. You all have no faith, show no support, and are no Redskins fan. I hear the Colts are 3-0, try Mr. Manning out for a while. He won't let you down come January :doh: After all, who needs a team like the Redskins. We've got an old/washed up coach with no history of success. No wonder we have Brunell in as our qb, we've got an idiot at the healm :doh: You all could do his job. I'm clearly not making sense to many of the geniuses that are flooding this thread.

HTTR!

Oh, so YOU'RE the one in charge of determining who's a Skins fan and who isn't.

Good to know.........:rolleyes:

News flash pal, you've got to make a case to rest it.

HTTR!

I made my case a few posts back. If you decide that it is easier to simply attack people's loyalty or them as people as opposed to refute what I said that is clearly your problem and nothing I can do will stop that. That being said, the "case" that I was resting was that you seem to enjoy simply attacking people and going after their fan loyalty...so you rested my case for me by posting the exact same sort of stuff right after I commented on it.

:rolleyes:

Loudmouth, you continue to make yourself look foolish on this message board. No one cares whether a nobody thinks they are a true skins fan or not. Someone can have a different opinion than you on Brunell and still be just as big of a fan. I still cant believe you are 29. All of your posts look like they have been typed by a 11 year old. While were at it, can I please have your permission to be a true skins fan? :rolleyes:

It'll be interesting to see how all the "Jason Campbell now!" fans will respond if we lose to Jacksonville but Brunell has a decent game. Let's not forget, this is the defense that shut out the Steelers for the first time in many, many years. They are quite possibly the best defense in the NFL right now. So what happens if Brunell's numbers are comparable to the other QB's that have faced the Jags, regardless of how we do overall next week? I personally think if the coaches gameplan right and the players and coaches play a smart game (like they did today), we have a legitimate shot at taking Jacksonville...but if we don't, and Brunell has comparable stats, what happens to your prophetic sigs then, O Bringers Forth of the New Campbellian Era?

:logo:

HTTR!

Isn't your arm getting a little tired? I would think it would be from all of the patting yourself on the back you're doing.

I also hope that someday I can be as good a Redskins fan as you are.

Im still waiting for those of you with the future is now to admit that if we put JC in now we are basically conceding the season.

I dont really understand this logic either. We have yet to see what Campbell can do so lets just all assume he would come in and tank it...:rolleyes: The answer to having a successful season is to play to Mark Brunell's strengths and win with Portis, I dont want Campbell in this season but to say we would be giving the season away is kind of foolish. He is a first round pick, not a 6th round camp fodder.

I don't even have that sig, and I respect Brunell's achievement today, but I still do have reservations about him. I also don't think it is fair to malign the nature of someone's committment to their team just because they happen to disagree with you. I think we can all safely say that we want our Skins to do well and want Brunell to play well. That being said, you can't really say that who we played had nothing to do with the plays we used working. Yes he completed 22 consecutive passes and that is wonderful, but he also had very little pressure and (as has been said already ad nauseam, so I apologize) really didn't throw much over a few yards. Drinking the Koolaid feels good but we also need to be realistic...very few of the defenses we will be playing soon will be so easy to sucker with the same plays over and over. As other posters have said it isn't necessarily that it is all about 75 yard pass plays or even intermediate pass plays, but it is the threat of it and that is something that we seem to lack so far. A very good defense will take advantage of that. So it remains to be seen if Brunell can respond and keep his play up in the more difficult games to come. I for one certainly hope that he can. We know he can bounce back from slumps...here is to hoping this bounce back is real and will last.

:cheers:

You're yapping a whole hell of a lot. We do have a deep threat to our game. Put the safeties back, and you get 200+ yards on the ground. Play a safety in the box=Give up big passing plays. We ran the ball, played underneath the coverage in the passing game and put 31 points up. How is this not a great game plan? By the way your point a about a very good defense has yet to be seen. Talk to me next week when Portis runs all over the Jax's front 7. Then see if they start bringing up a safety in support. After that, we'll see how our pass game fairs. We've yet to touch on the fact that a team like Jax whos very quick to the ball will probably give up a couple big plays to our screen game. If we don't establish the run, we still have Portis in protection for 3rd down passing situations. Ignoring the importance of Clinton in the lineup is foolish. He helped establish the run, and he made us two dimensional today, short intermediate passes or not. He forces teams to play the run and to be honest in their defensive techniques. That doesn't change no matter who we play. Clearly, you missed the conversation earlier this week about what makes this team tick. Portis makes everyone perform better. He's undeniably the nucleus of this team. Quit focusing on our passing game, and focus on why we won today.

HTTR!

Archived