Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I need an honest opinion

JesusTheismann

I would like to add something else. For your own safety JT I probably stay away from any of the tailgates, actually I would stay away from FEDEX field as a whole with the statements that you have made today. Not saying I would do anything but there are some people that would definitely not like the hyprocricy that you have showed today. I know you are in Idaho, my recommendation would be to stay there.

I know how you feel......kinda.

I mean I would never support someone liking both the Skins and the Cowboys. But I grew up a Maryland Basketball fan, but during the tournament last year (as Maryland was not part of it) I rooted for George Mason because i had been watching every televised game I could all year, and more imporatantly I lived in Fairfax my entire life up until 2 years ago and I drove through campus every morning on my way to Fairfax High. George Mason has been a part of my life the entire time. My roomates threw me under the bus because of this, especially one who is from Maryland and is a huge Terp fan. He was so angry in fact he resorted to personal attacks whenever I'd watch the games, as well as call me the bandwagoner for the entire tournament. I tried to explain my situation as I felt it was completely justified, but he just didn't get it, almost came to the point where I was going to kick his ass he got so mean.

The month was so miserable that because of my roomate, I have completely given up on Maryland. I know that doesn't make much sense but it just made me so mad that I didn't want to root for them anymore out of spite.

So thus, my suggestion is everyone here be nice to the guy and maybe he'll disown the Cowboys just like I disowned the Terps and we can make this all better and no longer a freak of humanity.

:dallasuck

I amy be the only one of my kind.

I am not only a Redskins fan, but a Cowboys fan as well. I grew up during the Staubach era. My whole family loves the Cowboys.

But during the 80s, even though the 82 championship was initially painful, I became a fan of Joe Gibbs, Riggins, the smurfs, and of course, Joe Theismann. I even stopped watching the Cowboys during Landry's last few years.

But after Gibbs retired, I became a fan of the 90s Cowboys, Aikman, Smith, Irvin and Haley! What a dominant team.

So far I have been able to be sort of a bandwagoner and get away with it. One was down, the other was up. Now for the first time in my life, it appears that both teams are headed in the same direction as superbowl contenders.

I feel awful because I know how most football fans hate guys like me. I don't mean to offend anybody. How and why I became simultaneous fans of two of the biggest rivals in sports, I will never know.

Anyway, for the record, I would like to see the Skins even the score against the Cowboys this year.

Will I be accepted here or will most of you chastise me for being who I am? Again, I don't mean to offend anybody. This is definitely the most passionate football site I've ever seen. I guess I could and maybe should have kept this to myself, but I didn't want to be accused of being dishonest or being tagged as a troll down the road.

I hope you understand. God bless!

-JT

Sorry, you're a bandwagon fan.

But I am not the classic bandwagoner. I don't just root for any team that happens to be winning.

you are not allowed to claim the above, when you have already stated the below.

But during the 80s, even though the 82 championship was initially painful, I became a fan of Joe Gibbs, Riggins, the smurfs, and of course, Joe Theismann.

But after Gibbs retired, I became a fan of the 90s Cowboys, Aikman, Smith, Irvin and Haley! What a dominant team.

-JT

sorry dude, you are NOT a 'skins fan.

Please, tell me how you really feel!

I get the point. Maybe I do need to decide on one team. I don't know. There are just so many things I like about both teams. Parcells and Gibbs - two of the greatest head coaches of all time. Two great defenses. List goes on and on.

I tell you what. I will think about it. Inspite some of the personal insults by some of you, I do think there were things said about what it means to be a football fan. Things I never really thought about before. Having said that, you have to admit that some of the hyperbole thrown around here...wow a devil-worshipping Christian? Isn't that just a tad harsh?

So thus, my suggestion is everyone here be nice to the guy and maybe he'll disown the Cowboys just like I disowned the Terps and we can make this all better and no longer a freak of humanity.

:dallasuck

I'm afraid that won't do. He's an abomination for ever supposedly having liked both teams. Let him go root for Dallas permanently and we'll be rid of this garbage for good. This is sickening and disgusting.:puke:

I get the point. Maybe I do need to decide on one team. I don't know. There are just so many things I like about both teams. Parcells and Gibbs - two of the greatest head coaches of all time. Two great defenses. List goes on and on.

I tell you what. I will think about it. Inspite some of the personal insults by some of you, I do think there were things said about what it means to be a football fan. Things I never really thought about before. Having said that, you have to admit that some of the hyperbole thrown around here...wow a devil-worshipping Christian? Isn't that just a tad harsh?

There are many great coaches but that doesn't mean you become a fan of every team that has a great coach. It's one thing to respect a coach or a player and it's another to claim loyalty to them on that fact alone. How does your wife feel about your so-called loyalty? By the way, are you into polygamy? And the hyperbole (e.g. devil-worshipping Christian) is meant to illustrate the extreme in order to point out the idiocy and the ridiculous nature of the matter. Go to the Cowboys board and ask the same question, and while you're there, keep your stupid ***** there.

Hey, it is possible to root for more than one team. For example, I root for any team that plays Buffalo. I'll also root for Miami on occasion, since I've always had a bit of a soft spot for them.

But Dallas? Dude that's just wrong. The only time you want to see Dallas win is if it helps the skins in the playoff hunt. Even then it just feels dirty.

I've gotta give you props for coming clean like this. Is it some sort of weird psycho-therapy to subject yourself to this kind of public humiliation? Pick a team, and stick with them.

Now if you rooted for say someone in the AFC, I may be a lil' more empathetic. To say that you care for the one team that everyone in this site HATES THE MOST, well thats pure sacriledge.

You say you're not a bandwagon fan, but you say you started to like the skins in the 80s (when we were winning), then you chose the cowgirls in the 90s (when they were winning), so lets see... I bet you rooted for the patriots as well most recently, correct?

You are not a fan of the skins or cowgirls you are a bandwagon fan, plain and simple. Bandwagon fans are the worst, so please join your family and root for your cowgirls, we don't need you rooting for our Men in D.C.

I've cheered my skins since I was five and there has been many ugly years, but the worst was knowing that when we won, all of a sudden everyone is busting out some skins allegiance.

Sorry man, go with the family.

I get the point. Maybe I do need to decide on one team.

Maybe you should pick some team from the AFC or at least another division, cause I'm pretty sure neither the Skins or the Pukes want you as a fan after this thread. If you must pick one of the two, please go with the Pukes. Feel free to take the helmet in my sig with you!!!

This is my thought, The Redskins are FIRST NO MATTER what. When I was younger my second team (distant second) was the Chargers...because of their offense and Kellen Winslow(Winslow is my last name) Then later the Jaguars became my distant second team..(because of none other than Mark Brunell)...image how I felt when he came to us!!! Still back then when the Chargers played the Redskins I wanted the Chargers to be thumbed!!! And when the Jags were my second team I wanted Mark Brunell to look horrible when they played the Redskins.

I follow LSU in college and the Los Angeles Avengers in (Arena League Football) But if some way somehow they play each other I want the Redskins to kill any of those teams. You can't have two favorites....the bible even says you can serve two masters. It's OK to like other teams, but your Favorite team is above all else...not only do you have two favorites but one is the Cowboys....I'm not agreeing with that one...you gotta make a choice. the only other favorite team

Redskins fans are suppose to have is anyone playing the Cowboys.

HAIL

Archived