Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I need an honest opinion

JesusTheismann

Give him a break, he's stuck out there in the middle of Bum F@#*! I'm sure my mind would be all over the place, too.

Who the hell do you watch games with? Do you wear a Skins jersey and a Cowboy hat? Do you hit from both sides of the plate (if you know what I mean)?

You are definately confused and the first step is admitting it. Is that your intention?

And as for you, Spidernat, comparing Terps and GMU basketball is no where near the level of discombobulation that exsists with this guy. And shame on you for dropping the Terps.

Well, it's not a life-threatening deal to me. I've known lots of people to have more than one favorite team. But I do know how much "hating the rival" means to a lot of Cowboys and Redskins fans.

Other than that, I can't really explain it.

You're right in not having a life-threatening deal and I guess since you're in Boise ID that having a passion for a team is something that you've missed all your life but there's a meaning to the word "favorite"...I'll let you check websters but I'd guess the definition is something like, "somebody who or something that is especially liked or preferred above others" okay I looked it up in Outlook so having more than one favorite seems impossible to me??? How can you understand the hated rival between the cowpukes and our beloved Redskins if you like both teams???? It seems like your existence as far as football is concerned is a complete oxymoron.

That is just an easy way out. A real fan knows the heart break of a bad season. You are just always happy, because somebody is going to do well. If cheering for the Redskins is not desirable to you, than choose for your self who you will cheer for... But as for me and my house we are cheering for the SKINS.

You're right in not having a life-threatening deal and I guess since you're in Boise ID that having a passion for a team is something that you've missed all your life but there's a meaning to the word "favorite"...I'll let you check websters but I'd guess the definition is something like, "somebody who or something that is especially liked or preferred above others" okay I looked it up in Outlook so having more than one favorite seems impossible to me??? How can you understand the hated rival between the cowpukes and our beloved Redskins if you like both teams???? It seems like your existence as far as football is concerned is a complete oxymoron.

I suppose that "hating" another team just has no appeal to me. If I saw any of these players walking down the street in street clothes, I wouldn't hate them because of their occupation.

To me, football is a game of strategy, competition and leadership. I don't really care about the crap that goes on in the cheap seats or people dressing up in face paint or some other high-school level activity. That stuff is boring to me. I think I'm getting too old to act and think like that.

I suppose that if I really wanted to, I could learn to like just about any team. But I grew up with the Cowboys in my family and became a big fan of the first Joe Gibbs era. I don't know if that makes me a type of "bandwagon" fan or not. But those are the only two NFL teams I have ever rooted for. Personally, I don't see what the big deal is.

I amy be the only one of my kind.

I am not only a Redskins fan, but a Cowboys fan as well. I grew up during the Staubach era. My whole family loves the Cowboys.

But during the 80s, even though the 82 championship was initially painful, I became a fan of Joe Gibbs, Riggins, the smurfs, and of course, Joe Theismann. I even stopped watching the Cowboys during Landry's last few years.

But after Gibbs retired, I became a fan of the 90s Cowboys, Aikman, Smith, Irvin and Haley! What a dominant team.

So far I have been able to be sort of a bandwagoner and get away with it. One was down, the other was up. Now for the first time in my life, it appears that both teams are headed in the same direction as superbowl contenders.

I feel awful because I know how most football fans hate guys like me. I don't mean to offend anybody. How and why I became simultaneous fans of two of the biggest rivals in sports, I will never know.

Anyway, for the record, I would like to see the Skins even the score against the Cowboys this year.

Will I be accepted here or will most of you chastise me for being who I am? Again, I don't mean to offend anybody. This is definitely the most passionate football site I've ever seen. I guess I could and maybe should have kept this to myself, but I didn't want to be accused of being dishonest or being tagged as a troll down the road.

I hope you understand. God bless!

-JT

:doh:

Maybe we should cut this guy some slack.

He could be a siamese twin.

you know one half of him is a normal funcitional hetro sexual (the redskins fan)....

the other is a degenerative crack whore homo sexual (the cowboys fan)...

I just hope that when your brothers boyfriend comes over that you two don't share the same ***hole.

:silly:

HOW COULD YOU OFFEND DEGENERATIVE CRACK WHORE HOMO SEXUAL'S LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suppose that "hating" another team just has no appeal to me. If I saw any of these players walking down the street in street clothes, I wouldn't hate them because of their occupation.

To me, football is a game of strategy, competition and leadership. I don't really care about the crap that goes on in the cheap seats or people dressing up in face paint or some other high-school level activity. That stuff is boring to me. I think I'm getting too old to act and think like that.

I suppose that if I really wanted to, I could learn to like just about any team. But I grew up with the Cowboys in my family and became a big fan of the first Joe Gibbs era. I don't know if that makes me a type of "bandwagon" fan or not. But those are the only two NFL teams I have ever rooted for. Personally, I don't see what the big deal is.

Don't see what the big deal is? Watch and learn...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=daOIw4axXGg

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

I amy be the only one of my kind.

I am not only a Redskins fan, but a Cowboys fan as well. I grew up during the Staubach era. My whole family loves the Cowboys.

But during the 80s, even though the 82 championship was initially painful, I became a fan of Joe Gibbs, Riggins, the smurfs, and of course, Joe Theismann. I even stopped watching the Cowboys during Landry's last few years.

But after Gibbs retired, I became a fan of the 90s Cowboys, Aikman, Smith, Irvin and Haley! What a dominant team.

So far I have been able to be sort of a bandwagoner and get away with it. One was down, the other was up. Now for the first time in my life, it appears that both teams are headed in the same direction as superbowl contenders.

I feel awful because I know how most football fans hate guys like me. I don't mean to offend anybody. How and why I became simultaneous fans of two of the biggest rivals in sports, I will never know.

Anyway, for the record, I would like to see the Skins even the score against the Cowboys this year.

Will I be accepted here or will most of you chastise me for being who I am? Again, I don't mean to offend anybody. This is definitely the most passionate football site I've ever seen. I guess I could and maybe should have kept this to myself, but I didn't want to be accused of being dishonest or being tagged as a troll down the road.

I hope you understand. God bless!

-JT

I Vote Chastizeing, I can't stand Band wagon fans, and even worse you like two rivals like the Cowboys and Redskins, are you also a Yankee and Red Sox fan.

Sounds like your a fan of football, not the Redskins. But when you all of a sudden start cheering for the Skins, in the eyes of the masses your just a bandwagoner.

Hold on. Hold on one second!

I've taken a bit of heat here because I'm a fan of the Bucs too, but this, this is just, well sick. Please, please take TK's advice to heart and get your bandwagoning, fair weather fan butt some help!!!

Yusuf is a Bucs fan?

I don't know how to say this nicely but you're on a Washington Redskins fan board called "Extremeskins.com"....how do you not get the point????

I understand that you're in the middle of east bubble**** so I get you not growing up in an area that has a population that is passionate about a sports team.

You don't have to care about what goes on in the cheap seats, dress up or put on face pant to be a true fan.

You've chosen to say your a fan of both teams that are nationally known to be one of the biggest rivalries in all of sports. How this happened to you will be hard for any of us here to understand so I'm sorry to say sir but get used to the constant bashing you'll receive as long as your here.

Don't see what the big deal is? Watch and learn...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=daOIw4axXGg

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

Oh I understand what the rivalry is, but to me that is really nothing more than a trumped-up campaign by invested interests in order to fill them stadium seats. Even your video shows the manipulative behavior by the owners and coaches.

I suppose it serves a purpose for some. I just don't find that stuff appealing. I can enjoy the game and enjoy watching both the Redskins and the Cowboys without all of the fluff.

Oh I understand what the rivalry is, but to me that is really nothing more than a trumped-up campaign by invested interests in order to fill them stadium seats. Even your video shows the manipulative behavior by the owners and coaches.

I suppose it serves a purpose for some. I just don't find that stuff appealing. I can enjoy the game and enjoy watching both the Redskins and the Cowboys without all of the fluff.

... yeah.

You just lost me.

You guys think what you want.

It's not a big mystery to me. It's no different than the idea that it is possible to enjoy the holiday (Christmas) even when the myth that originally inspired it (Santa Claus) proves to be false or unimportant.

Are you all telling me that you wouldn't enjoy watching the Redskins as much if the rivalry didn't exist? Perhaps I am the only true Redskins fan on this message board!!

Archived