Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fans who booed: you embarassed us on national TV

SkinsNumberOne

The booing made me sick. You all should be ashamed of yourselves.

ASHAMED? Were you at the game? I don't know how it came off on TV, but how do you handle frustration?

Is it OK to groan? How about deadly silence? What is the proper response to several poor offensive series, a shanked punt or a three yard pass on third down when you need 7? How about 4 for 13 on third down or giving up 9 for 17 on third down?

There has to be a way to express displeasure with the actions of your team.

:helmet:

I'd be more ashamed if our fans sat idly by while our team under performed.

Whenever I see a non-Redskins game and hear the fans boo, all it tells me is how into their team they are. If their team is horrible and they do nothing, tells me they don't care. See my previous comments about Arizona Cardinals fans - they don't boo, they don't care.

Hail,

H

Let's see, 15 years of nothing close to a championship, best record we've accomplished in that time 10-6, team underperforming yet again. Oh yeah, I see your point. I'm ashamed of myself for booing. I should cheer mediocre teams. Yeah mediocrity. Go average team. Hooray for field goals. 8-8 here we come. Put a sock in it.

I totally agree with the booing, I watched on T.V. how many more years of disappointment can these fans take? Penalties at the end of the game facemasking to put the Vikings in field goal range come on that was really stupid!!!! If I was there I would have been the loudest one booing I know my neighbors heard me. As far as embarrassment goes your damn right I was. There is way to much talent on this team to play like that!

They were probably getting tired of Brunell's "smart" passes out of bounds. For crying out loud, TAKE A CHANCE BRUNELL!!!

Exactly! For those of you who were NOT at the game and are criticizing the fans: Do you have any idea what it's like to go to the opening game, Monday Night Football, to see your team who has legitimate Super Bowl aspirations, and to watch them play like THAT?

Just so you know: When we booed at penalties, except for that false start to start the second half, it was because it was a BS call. We weren't booing our boys for those.

I'm diehard, but that was not Redskins football. I won't be a blind fan and cheer just to cheer. This is Washington, D.C. I was on my feet for every defensive play. Every single one. I don't have a voice. I'm out $1120 for tickets alone this season. You guys don't see the whole field from TV. People were open and Mark wasn't looking at the other side of the field; he'd just throw it away in a heartbeat. I know that it's safe, and I appreciate no sacks and no picks, and I'm a big Brunell supporter, but at times he deserved what we gave him.

To sum up: Back off; you weren't there.

People who boo the team should really be ashamed of themselves. I mean, just put yourself in the players' positions. What if YOU were the one getting paid millions of dollars to catch a ball, or to kick a ball really far? Think of all the pressure! Sure, there are some perks here and there, like free gatorade and all the cheerleaders you can sleep with, but going out there under the hot, bright lights 16 times a year is HARD WORK!

What if your boss(coach) gave YOU a big stack of papers(playbook) and told you that you only had six months to read it? That would be terrible! That's enough of a headache right there. Then for some reason, your first day of work is held on a Monday, and doesn't end until like 10:30 pm! I mean, hellooo? Some of us have a little thing called "sleep schedules" here!

It's hard enough to win under these conditions. You don't need your so-called "fans" expressing their displeasure.

And enough Al Saunders trashing! It's not HIS fault the players aren't executing. After all, he's only the coach! It's not like it's his job to get the players to execute!

I think the reason people may have booed the throw away becuase the felt something else could have been done. As I said in previous posts, I think Brunell had a decent performance, but I think he is looking for Moss too much and needs to spread the ball around.

you mean like the time he spread the ball around to 5 guys leading up to the TD by Portis? I hate it when Brunell spreads the ball around and scores.:mad:

:silly:

you mean like the time he spread the ball around to 5 guys leading up to the TD by Portis? I hate it when Brunell spreads the ball around and scores.:mad:

:silly:

Is this a joke? It's kind of our point. When Brunell spread it around we got into the end zone. When he didn't, which was, I don't know, every other drive less that one, we didn't.

What do you expect the highest paid tickets in the NFL fans are going to do when a mediocre teams comes into your house and makes you look like idiots on national television?? Ah that's ok guys, we'll get em next time?? The so called field goal kicker, who Joe Gibbs went out on a limb earlier this season and said he was fine with our kicking game, just learned why this team isn't fine with its kicking game.

I posted it then, I wanted a new kicker, pay for Vinateri, it would pay off in these close games, but no, we want big time receivers and other players who don't make any difference in the game, besides ARE, which I give a A for his effort. Hall was so far left on his kick, if the goal post was on the sideline, he would have missed.

I will be counting these close games, and as I stated in the off season, I am going to remind everyone of the thread I posted about needing a dependable kicker.

Were you at the game?

There were only a few plays where the crowd booed. There was the horsesh!t penalty on Sean Taylor. Another was when Brunell overthrew a WIDE OPEN Brandon Lloyd on the left sideline by about 10 feet on a 3rd down, that would have gained us 10+ yards. He was completely free, Brunell was rolling that way(which is his throwing side) and was locked on him. He just dogged it at least 10 feet too high.

We were atrocious in the red zone. The throw away was completely unnecessary. You don't throw the ball away on the 6 yard line at 3rd and goal. You just dont. At least try and run it in yourself, do something, but dont just casually toss it into the stands on 3rd and goal. Ever.

The time that Moss dropped the pass in the back of the end zone was another bad play. Not because he dropped it, but because if you were at the game and could see the whole field like I could, you would have seen Brandon Lloyd WIDE OPEN in the right corner of the endzone. He made a cut to his right about 3 yards into the endzone and got at least 8-10 feet of separation between the safety on the left and the corner on the right. He was in perfect position to score, and Brunell f-ed it up.

Believe me, the fans who booed had a far more complete picture of what was going on on the field than anyone who watched it on ESPN. You might want to take your own advice and "take a second look at how the game went down" from OUR perspective, before you criticize those who paid to be there for their behavior.

:notworthy

Great post.

I'll just add that any booing Brunell receives is not only from his yet again "super smart" but ineffective sub 200 yard performance last night, but also an expression of the continued building frustration of being saddled with this has been as our QB when we see real QBs making plays and rifling passes all over the league.

We have the highest payed coaching staff, paid big bucks on free agents and have a 700 page playbook...to get owned like that is just disgraceful and they deserved to get booed. I wonder what Minnesota's payroll is? The fact is, is that we are not a very good team...we have no depth, no special teams, a so so QB, no pass rush, weak corners. Its going to be a long season guys.

Dan

You are officially booted off of whatever bandwagon you jumped onto.

buh bye.

I boo if there is a call I don't like or to express my opinion on a play/ decision that the team makes. I'm free to express myself anyway I want.

I cheer to let them know they made a good play, even though the player probabily knows it and I'll boo when they mess up, even though the player probabily knows it.

I was especially proud of one Skins fan, who was hanging over the tunnel entrance with his son at the end of the game. He reached down and patted Hall and Brunell as they came off the field, and gave them some encouragement. That was really nice to see, and I wish we all had that kind of class. I guarantee players note that kind of thing and it means something to them. And what a great example to set for your son or daughter.

'We'll get 'em next week guys!!'

I think the booing was mis-directed....there was an extreme amount of frustration at the officials in the 2nd half in their perceived attempt to "even the score" penalty wise. The call on ST was a phantom call, for example.

I agree with you on this whole heartly. I was at the game and the booing was more for the bad calls by the officials than the team. The team is trying an new system give it time and it will work. Good to see CP in the game.

I was at the game last night, and I admit that I booed once, when Brunell threw the ball away on that last 3rd and goal. It was a heat-of-the moment reaction. Maybe it wasn't the right reaction, but it wasn't as if I sat there and thought 'hmm, how will my booing affect the Skins?' At that point, I was too pissed to think straight.

I agree 100% Forget about those people who say that they paid, so they have the right to boo if they want to. Just a few notes I watched the Giants Indy Game, and The Giants Fans were unbelievably loud. Madden even made the statement that these fans new how to help their defense. The fans make NYC a hard place to go and play. I'm tired of losing home games to lesser teams (Raiders Last Year:). Three reasons we lost last night.

1. Defense let up to many big plays (Particularly on 3rd Down.)

2. Redzone Offense kick three fieldgoals under 28yrds (That means we were withing the 10 yrd line.) First and goal from the 6.

3. No support from the 12th man. This bugged me to see them drive down and kick a fieldgoal at the end of the first half, and then do it again at the end of the game for the win. (I know the fans are not on the field making plays, but their noise can influence plays.)

Archived