Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fans who booed: you embarassed us on national TV

SkinsNumberOne

People boo'd that play because 3 times we had the ball from the 5 and couldnt do squat with it. Instead of trying to make soemthing happen and have a killer instict the ball gets thrown away when we have 4-6 outstanding playmakers. Personally, I didnt boo but I shared the same frustrations.

I understand the frustration, but booing does more than just venting your anger and annoyance. It takes the team out of the game. Come one guys, the home field is supposed to be an advantage. Lets not turn into Philly fans...

Next time (if there is a next time) instead of booing, turn to your neighbor and just let out a nice long string of expletives. Sure, offend the children, just don't hurt the team.

Just as the title says - I'm a big fan of descriptive titles - if any of you guys booed, take a second look at how that game went down. At what point was it looking like we weren't AT MOST one score from winning (meaning, we had a lead as well). Were some of the fans watching some other game and getting the two games confused?

Seriously, the fans who booed are really embarassments for us all. We're supposed to be knowledgable, supporting fans. Theismann said it's so great to have us as fans - saying "yes everyone would say that about their home team, but just listen to this crowd", and then later was confused by the booing, and why not. I heard booing for a throw away when a FG tied the game. That's ridiculous guys. Absolutely ridiculous.

And for those who are saying start Campbell (and maybe chanted it last night at the game, because it was chanted), again, tell me when Brunell's performance lost us the game. Instead, I saw a guy run the one-minute drill extremely well, I saw a line with no interceptions, and I saw a completion percentage of over 50%. I am pretty sure those are stats that satisfy most head coaches - particularly, again, when you're in a position to win at the end thanks to the same QB.

If they paid money to watch a game at the stadium, then it's their right to boo if they wish. Plain and simple.

I understand the frustration, but booing does more than just venting your anger and annoyance. It takes the team out of the game. Come one guys, the home field is supposed to be an advantage. Lets not turn into Philly fans...

Next time (if there is a next time) instead of booing, turn to your neighbor and just let out a nice long string of expletives. Sure, offend the children, just don't hurt the team.

I understand exactly what you are saying. I personally will not ever boo the Redskins, I just know exactly why people were boo'ing. All I did was slump back in my seat and pull my hat over my eyes. It's dissappointing that we left three touchdowns on the field.

I was at the game last night. Though disapointed at the outcome. I still think we have a good team. We made mistakes and costly penalties that cost us the game.

On the bright side, the offense looked different and confusing to most defenses. Randel El brings new light on special teams. Plus we didn't turn the ball over or allow a sack.

I have to agree Brunell is still our best bet. And as far as booing. I would never boo my beloved Redskins. We are not from Philly. But occasionly I think the fans were booing the play call, not the team. All in all, its a long season, we will rebound!:cheers:

The team did not deserve cheers, especially with its second-half play. Aside from a few moss and evans plays, our entire team wasn't any better than a rotting turd. If our fans want to boo our team for a pathetic performance, I'm not gonna stop them. If the coaches don't kick the **** out of all the players during practice this week, then I'll be pissed about that too.

Rotting turd? That's a bit harsh don't you think? But the fans are angry. MNF, at home, first game of season. And the Skins give them this crap of a performance ? I wouldn't boo, but I don't really blame them. :helmet:

Boo, and Boo loudly!!! Come on! Booing is what fans do when they are so into the game and get pissed! Having said that, I would not have booed in that particular instance, but I understand how some might.

Have you ever heard booing at an Arizona Cardinals game? Of course not. Why, they don't give a you know what! They just sit there and watch without feelings.

Who has the best fans around? Cities like New York and Philly. Ever hear them boo? Hell yeah! Now tell me, who has better fans, Arizona, New York, or Philly?

I'd rather have fans that cheer like crazy, as we do, and boo like mad, instead of a bunch of pansies sitting on their hands because they might hurt someone's feelings.

Get off this "booing is bad" nonsense. It's called being a fan! If you don't have enough passion to get pissed, then check your passion level.

Hail,

H

Just as the title says - I'm a big fan of descriptive titles - if any of you guys booed, take a second look at how that game went down. At what point was it looking like we weren't AT MOST one score from winning (meaning, we had a lead as well). Were some of the fans watching some other game and getting the two games confused?

Seriously, the fans who booed are really embarassments for us all. We're supposed to be knowledgable, supporting fans. Theismann said it's so great to have us as fans - saying "yes everyone would say that about their home team, but just listen to this crowd", and then later was confused by the booing, and why not. I heard booing for a throw away when a FG tied the game. That's ridiculous guys. Absolutely ridiculous.

And for those who are saying start Campbell (and maybe chanted it last night at the game, because it was chanted), again, tell me when Brunell's performance lost us the game. Instead, I saw a guy run the one-minute drill extremely well, I saw a line with no interceptions, and I saw a completion percentage of over 50%. I am pretty sure those are stats that satisfy most head coaches - particularly, again, when you're in a position to win at the end thanks to the same QB.

Brunell tends to look at his safety valve 1st instead of looking looking upfield and then coming back to a dump off. Brunell at one time in his career could buy time with his feet. I'm not saying be Micheal Vick. But move the pocket sometimes. For instance in the playoff game at Seattle last season, I though Hasselback did a great job buying time with his feet. Every play isn't gonna go as scripted. I didn't boo him while I there last night but I expected him to look over the whole field. He's still conservative to me.

I kept seeing Brunell LOCK on to receivers. By the time he finally threw the ball either the receiver got pounded (like when he locked on to Betts out of the BACKFIELD) or it was really pretty because a guy like Moss can seperate even with the QB staring at him. I seriously don't remember a QB in the pocket who follows one receiver down the field before throwing it they way Brunell was.

I will call him Boo-nell until he grows some cajones and starts spreading the ball around more. Playing smart is one thing, but leaving 3 td's on the field deserves a few boos. Throw that damn ball, we have plenty of people to catch it! BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

:laugh:

The fans booed because our offense acted like the 5 yard line was the GOAL LINE.

I am sorry but our fans are mostly smart and they saw the writing on the wall. When for about the third or fourth time we got into the red zone, inside the opponents ten yard line, and AGAIN we settled for a field goal, instead of a TD, the fans knew what was coming.......

If we score TDs instead of field goals, the game is over in the first half, as we take a 21-6 lead into halftime, even if we score a TD on one of those tries, it is AT LEAST a 17-6 lead going into halftime. Then the Vikings would have to come out in the second half with a sense of urgency and start forcing the ball, which translates into mistakes and turnovers, but since we couldn't manage to get a TD, the Vikes knew they were still right in the game.

It would have been embarrassing not to boo some of the stuff that happened last night.

If you paid for your ticket' date=' you have every right to boo what you want...cheer what you want...or ignore what you want.[/quote']

I agree (obviously if you read my previous post), but to me it's not just about paying money. It's more about being passionate about your team. Dammit, it hurts when you see your team do stupid things or play poorly. It's simply a natural reaction based on how passionate you are.

If you don't really care about the outcome, sure, sit there and be indifferent about the lousy play/decisions.

Hail,

H

Were you at the game?

There were only a few plays where the crowd booed. There was the horsesh!t penalty on Sean Taylor. Another was when Brunell overthrew a WIDE OPEN Brandon Lloyd on the left sideline by about 10 feet on a 3rd down, that would have gained us 10+ yards. He was completely free, Brunell was rolling that way(which is his throwing side) and was locked on him. He just dogged it at least 10 feet too high.

We were atrocious in the red zone. The throw away was completely unnecessary. You don't throw the ball away on the 6 yard line at 3rd and goal. You just dont. At least try and run it in yourself, do something, but dont just casually toss it into the stands on 3rd and goal. Ever.

The time that Moss dropped the pass in the back of the end zone was another bad play. Not because he dropped it, but because if you were at the game and could see the whole field like I could, you would have seen Brandon Lloyd WIDE OPEN in the right corner of the endzone. He made a cut to his right about 3 yards into the endzone and got at least 8-10 feet of separation between the safety on the left and the corner on the right. He was in perfect position to score, and Brunell f-ed it up.

Believe me, the fans who booed had a far more complete picture of what was going on on the field than anyone who watched it on ESPN. You might want to take your own advice and "take a second look at how the game went down" from OUR perspective, before you criticize those who paid to be there for their behavior.

Archived