Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Post Game Thread -- Vikings at Skins.

Art

Oh, golly gee willikers guys! All's not lost. Didn't Saunders and Williams do a great job? Didn't the team just look great? I'm sure we'll do great at Texas stadium next week. Don't you think so?

Oh and by the way..............I TOLD YOU SO ABOUT HALL!!!

With our schedule we HAVE to win those games. There's no margin for error. Painful.

With Dallas and NY losing we surely needed this game with the strenghth of our conference this year this hurts worse than it appears.

Inability to move the ball down field, inability to defend the run, or the pass, and inability to contain kick-off returns. Oh, and lest I forget, inability for John Hall to make a must have field goal attempt! Oh, and costly penalties at very key moments, not all of them are on Sean Taylor but he did deserve that face mask.

Boys this ain't gonna get it done in Dallas next week against a team that wants revenge on us from a year ago. And it sure ain't gonna get it done in our division. The only consolation that we have is that both the Giants and Cowgirls lost yesterday. Everyone had better be at Redskins' Park bright and early tomorrow morning. Except John Hall........

I really dont pin this on the offense or on J. Hall- WE ALL KNEW HE COULDNT MAKE THAT KICK... they easily could have picked a few more yards and gotten him closer... that being said- the Defense looked worse than I can remember since the Marty Years, maybe even earlier...

Good brightspots on offense- the D simply has to buckle down- no excuse for the Minn running back to simply run over them time and time again, repeated 1st downs in the same spot of the secondary... ouch.

We need a new kicker. The entire preseason when Hall kicked it looked like he was kicking as if he was scared to get injured...but now it's the regular season and he has to get over that mental obstacle.

Another thing, I am really really disappointed in Williams' game plan. I sort of expected the offense to have hiccups...and i'm actually a little encouraged that we were at least able to get in the red zone as many times as we did...but the defense...WOW. I know GW was worried about blitzing with out Springs starting but at some point when you let a quarterback try to beat you and he succeeds...you have to do something to disrupt it. It's as if the vanilla defense carried over to the regular season. We stick it to them the first two downs...then choke on a big play on the third...inexcusable, especially the number of times we let that happen.

I really dont pin this on the offense or on J. Hall- WE ALL KNEW HE COULDNT MAKE THAT KICK... they easily could have picked a few more yards and gotten him closer... that being said- the Defense looked worse than I can remember since the Marty Years, maybe even earlier...

Good brightspots on offense- the D simply has to buckle down- no excuse for the Minn running back to simply run over them time and time again, repeated 1st downs in the same spot of the secondary... ouch.

They looked this bad a few game LAST YEAR!???? SAN DIEGO, AND OAKLAND AND NY GIANTS ON THE ROAD

As Art said we are not ready yet. The offense is sad in my opinion. Same plays as last year, Brunell slow afoot, throws it away when ever a rush appears. Brunell has no clue where the 2nd , 3rd or 4th receivewr is. The defense is lost without Springs, please give me a break. No pass rush again. The kicking game s horrific.

What do we expect, the majority of our team has been here two years, with two different offensive coordinators. We will get it together soon.

We have to hang in there. GO SKINS!!!

When we needed our offense to show up and sustain a drive--it didn't

when we needed our defense to step up and stop a drive--it couldn't

when we needed special teams to come through and redeem itself---total abject failure...i mean everyone has said it---but we all knew Hall had no shot at making that fg.

This team has me very concerned....we have no personality on either side of the ball right now....it could be a very, very long season.

Minnesota deserves a lot of credit. To come into a place like Fedex, being underdogs, they deserved to win. They played better on offense and defense.

Rogers did not perform to his ability. If he plays this way next week, T.O is going to be inducted into the hall of fame right after the game. He made some good tackles on Chester Taylor but other than that, really struggled.

Andre Carter was.......wait did he even play? :mad:. Over ran every rush, please try tu bullrush next time Carter. He should def. have a better week against the Girls with their offensive line.

Betts was okay, wasnt terrible but didnt do anything special. Portis did great for almost not playing in the game.

Overrall, the whole team under achieved. Hopefully they will come back next week and make the corrections needed.

Now I have to listen to my punk ass brother about how the Skins lost. Hes a girls fan.

I'll give credit to the Vikings as I feel they played a very good game against us. That being said, I expected more explosiveness from our offense, and our 3rd down defense was disappointing. A few observations: 1) I didn't hear much from Andre Carter, but loved the play from Demetric Evans 2) I really wanted to see more of Cooley, Sellers, and Lloyd, but ARE looked good.

I have faith in Gibbs, so hopefully he and the rest of the staff get this team ready for Dallas - I could not handle that loss. This loss hurts, but that one would be terrible!

Did we not look good in the first quarter? Did we not show life in the closing seconds? We were out played. Our guys fought hard out there.

Yes, Cooley did play and he did have some catches.

I have washed the 'Skins for as long as I can remeber and they were anything but impressive tonight, I have seen the skins "fight" much harder many times. Defense couldn't make the big stops and the offense couldn't convert in the red zone.

Archived