Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official Post Game Thread -- Vikings at Skins.

Art

MIA skins players:

brandon lloyd

andre carter

chris cooley

mike sellers

adam archuleta

tj duckett

carlos rogers

most of these guys played, but they didn't show up if you know what i mean ... :doh:

Take Sellers off that list now. He played his ass off out there blocking and on ST's.

No defensive pass rush, Vikings converted how many 3rd downs on the REDSKINS defense, then we get a few bad calls( u know like the ones that made the 2004 season so miserable) offense moved the ball, but half the time couldn't convert in the redzone, secondary didn't look to great either, just think what TO, Terry Glenn and friends will bring against us. I don't like this at all, this is not a good omen folks. The Vikings ran the ball well against the d-fense.

This was a game the REDSKINS had no business losing. After tonights spotty performance, what chance do we have against Dallas. Dallas has more offensive weapons than the Vikings, and also the Dallas d-fense is bigger and faster than the Vikings, it makes me sick to say it but I think Dallas is going to kick our butts big-time. :doh:

It isn't all of Hall's fault...but our kicking game has been suspect for years now. If we are willing to shell out money for players...why not for a position that has been a perennial problem? Go back and think of all the games that came down to a field goal. There is a reason why we have no faith in Hall.

I agree with you, 2000 was a lost season for Turner and the Skins because of not having a Kicker. 6 years later we still don;t have a Kicker :doh:

OH...BTW.. Is it just me or did I tune in to watch a football game and it turned into Entertainment Tonight??

ESPN's coverage sucked tonight. I don't watch Monday Night Football to see Jamie Fox and Tom Cruise for half the damn game!!

The NFL product is good enough to stand on it's own.....

I agree.... cruise anf fo pissed me off

I really dont pin this on the offense or on J. Hall- WE ALL KNEW HE COULDNT MAKE THAT KICK... they easily could have picked a few more yards and gotten him closer... that being said- the Defense looked worse than I can remember since the Marty Years, maybe even earlier...

Good brightspots on offense- the D simply has to buckle down- no excuse for the Minn running back to simply run over them time and time again, repeated 1st downs in the same spot of the secondary... ouch.

AGREED 1000%

HAIL REDSKINS

OH...BTW.. Is it just me or did I tune in to watch a football game and it turned into Entertainment Tonight??

ESPN's coverage sucked tonight. I don't watch Monday Night Football to see Jamie Fox and Tom Cruise for half the damn game!!

it was awful---and mike terico is hands down the WORST play-by-play guy ive ever seen....i mean, i longed for kenny albert....it was horrendous...

We also lost arguably our best back up secondary player in prieleou...and please take holdman out.

I'm not even mad at the offense. C.P. only had 10 carries. Once he is 100% the offense should be a lot better. I did not like the decision not to use Duckett on the 3rd in short in the red zone.

The Defense did not step up at all. Brad Johnson picked us apart. Gregg Williams was acting like he was scared to send pressure because of the CB's. M.W. should have been blitzed more. Carlos Rogers really disapointed me. He is not that bad of a CB. I don't know what we are going to do about Glenn and Owens. The following players need to check themselves. Archuletta, Carter, Rogers. M.W and Sean T had good games despite Seans penalties.

The GOOD:

Portis looks healthy and ran well tonight, including that TD.

ARE is gonna be D-A-N-G-E-R-O-U-S on punt returns.

Brunell didn't make any big mistakes.

No turnovers.

We kept it close and didn't get blown out.

The BAD:

We couldn't stop the run. You can't win if you can't stop the run.

Where the hell was the pass rush? Johnson had ALL DAY to throw.

Red Zone offense needs work.

Let's face it, folks...our kicking game SUCKS! :doh: It's long past time to get a new kicker and punter.

Bad penalties in the second half.

We still lost.

Oh, well...so much for the 19-0 season...maybe next year...

.... After tonights spotty performance, what chance do we have against Dallas. Dallas has more offensive weapons than the Vikings, and also the Dallas d-fense is bigger and faster than the Vikings:

I think you need to give credit to the Vikings. That OL is underrated and tore us to pieces. This is the Cowboy's weakness and we will exploit it. Springs better play; otherwise he is a wuss!

I was thinking the same thing. All the hype just ruins it all. I thought I tuned in to a Si-Fi movie. It stunk.

Springs' absence severely limited our D's aggressiveness, which allowed the Vikings more TOP than they should have been able to acquire, especially on the road.

The resultant problem was that the Redskins didn't have the ball often or long enough to establish any kind of rythmn.

Bad calls toward the end, but some of the calls that went for the Skins early were questionable as well.

The last time I had faith in John Hall was when Vinny T. was QBing for the Jets.

O-line looked shaky a few times.

It's all reparable, but it doesn't feel good, especially when they opened at home and couldn't pull it out.

Bright spots:

ARE looks money.

Portis is a difference-maker, no matter what % he's at.

The guys played hard. I don't mean overall effort; I mean there was a Viking getting laid out every single play. That type of attitude is worth something, even in a loss.

Conclusion - we need Springs immediately; we need better TOP in order for Saunders to work his stuff; O-line has to be a little bit better. None of those are out of reach.

The lack of production from Cooley/Lloyd are byproducts of the lack of possession, which...blah blah....if you've gotten this far I think you know how I feel about Springs' importance to the D and the team.

Penalties? Sean,.... tipped ball that lands within 5yds, everyone is fairgame! Bologna call! Should have been a 5yd facemask call, replay always slows down to show how long he holds on and on that slow replay it was about 15 seconds...

Archived