Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Article from CNNSI: An opposing team's scout comments on Skins.

ConcordNCSkinsFan

I agree with most of that.

Brunell is old and not as good as he once was.

Our WR's will be better

Carter is a monster. I'm not sure about 14 sacks but he can get to double figures.

I really like Rogers, hence my name and he should be great. Springs is imo the biggest question mark of the secondary

We did pay too much for ARE

• They paid too much money [$31 million] for Antwaan Randle El. He makes one big play a game.

He may only have one big play a game but he will definetley relieve Moss from some double and triple coverage. If they play too many guys on Moss, Randle El will get several big plays. It's a win-win for us.

They all get paid too much money. I sure wish I did.

The chemistry comment is idiotic.

The Brunell comment is ironic given the fact that Brunell's coming off of one of his best year's as a passer.

I'll say it again, Brunell is a good QB - and certainly good enough to QB a Super Bowl champion team - if he stays healthy. That's not a small "if", but it doesn't make the statement any less accurate.

i don't believe this is a real nfl scout for one minute. those quotes are so amateur it's not even funny.

did you see what he wrote about dallas? it sounds like it's straight from an editorial writer. don't you think an anonymous scout would be able to raffle off things like "brunell hardly throws two good passes: he was 10/30" or something. "carter will be an asset. within 5 minutes he had 2 sacks"

i mean come on....

EDIT: and for the eagles, the statement about brian dawkins could easily have some kind of personal eye witness on some real bad read or tackle he made. this article is totally nonsensical if from a real scout.

The chemistry on this team is a big concern. They've definitely upgraded their roster, but it's such a revolving door there that it's tough to say how everyone will coexist.

Aside from a game or two fill-in (such as for Springs), how many men will be starting this season that weren't on the squad last year? Lloyd, Carter, Arch... Who am I missing?

A couple of things:

It is really important to know at least what Division these "scouts" came from. :doh:

I will take one "big" play from every player each game - 19-0 baby :1stplace:

And you gotta love this one about the GI-ants:

• A couple of the Giants' off-season moves I didn't like so much. LaVar Arrington, coming over from the Redskins, makes as many mistakes as he does big plays, and Sam Madison, who spent nine seasons playing cornerback for the Dolphins, can't run anymore. :nutkick:

:point2sky :cheers: :point2sky

I can understand the chemistry comment, IF you are looking at this team from the outside with the view of our constant action-filled offseasons. However, this guy obviously did not do their research on the attendance we have on optional workouts and how well the team actually does get along, starting with Joe Gibbs and moving on down. The guys on this team don't wanna be anywhere else.

i don't believe this is a real nfl scout for one minute. those quotes are so amateur it's not even funny.

did you see what he wrote about dallas? it sounds like it's straight from an editorial writer. don't you think an anonymous scout would be able to raffle off things like "brunell hardly throws two good passes: he was 10/30" or something. "carter will be an asset. within 5 minutes he had 2 sacks"

i mean come on....

EDIT: and for the eagles, the statement about brian dawkins could easily have some kind of personal eye witness on some real bad read or tackle he made. this article is totally nonsensical if from a real scout.

I think Petie Queen and Dr. zzzzzzzzzzzzz take turns being the "scout".

San Fran---

• I don't know how much guard Larry Allen has left in him after 12 years in Dallas. I'd be surprised if he has a good year.

Cowboys--

• Acquiring Terrell Owens was the right move, but they should not have gotten rid of Larry Allen at left guard. He can still play.

Now thats an oxymoron

Ravens--

Steve McNair's good when he's got a sound running game, but carrying the load as a passer hasn't been his history.

Since when is having Mike Andreson and Jamal Lewis not having a sound running game?

San Fran---

• I don't know how much guard Larry Allen has left in him after 12 years in Dallas. I'd be surprised if he has a good year.

Cowboys--

• Acquiring Terrell Owens was the right move, but they should not have gotten rid of Larry Allen at left guard. He can still play.

Now thats an oxymoron

:laugh: the defense rests

Pittsburgh Steelers

• It's going to be hard to continue to win with a quarterback who has a high rating one week and a low one the next. Ben Roethlisberger has to be more consistent.

• Joey Porter is the beneficiary of good schemes. A lot of his sacks come on unblocked stuff.

Some of this stuff makes sense, but even the stuff that does, anyone could have written it...and things like Roethlisburger not winning games makes me wonder if they've looked at his record recently, like maybe even since his freshman year in college? Consistency? haha how can you say someguys just win games and then say negatives about Big Ben's consistency...doesn't he just win games, like even moreso than the likes of Tom Brady and Vick (and I only say him because everybody is always like who cares, he's a winner).

I'm not saying in anyway is he better than Brady, but don't question a kid that has a track record of someone like Ben Roethlisburger, who is setting records as he goes.

About Brunell......

More than a few people were surprised that Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson ended up with Super Bowl rings as starting quarterbacks and neither of them had the prime years that Brunell did when he was younger.

The message Gibbs is sending is that he feels he can win with a veteran quarterback that makes the occasional big play but doesn't suffer the 4 interception game that a 36 year old Brett Favre might have in trying to be the gunslinger.

If Brunell fails to be the 'game manager' that Gibbs is looking for then I would expect to see Campbell under center as Brunell would not be giving the team a chance to win.

The Redskins have never had a franchise quarterback since Jurgensen retired in 1974.

The best we have had is some unbelievable (for them) individual years from Theismann and Rypien to get us to and win Super Bowls and one 3 game stretch from Doug Williams in 1987 in which he became the quarterback he was drafted to be back in 1978 by Tampa Bay.

The only problem I have with over paying people is that (and I understand how we structure, don't need a lecture) there is still a cap. Having dead money on a yearly basis prevents us from paying for better and more quality depth. That can translate into chemistry issues with players in our farm and players that need to restructure after two years. I don't know if they know they must restructure when signing the contract, I'd assume they do, but always bringing in players has to have at least a small hit in team chemistry. Perhaps we could have gotten three players (two decent O-line men and a decent receiver) instead of Randle El. (not complaining, just trying to rationalize).

I'm a little concerned with the Brunell talk and today on xxx, they were questioning the FO's stance on the quarterbacking, with Cerrato really praising Campball (also understanding he brought him in). Couple that with what we've seen in the games and I'm beginning to really question our QB situation, as a lot of people have all year.

I think our defense will be top 2 in the league this year, I really do. Just got to get Springs and Griff back.

This was put on CNNSI. It has these thoughts on each team given by anonymous opposing team scouts. Here were the observations on SKins.

• The chemistry on this team is a big concern. They've definitely upgraded their roster, but it's such a revolving door there that it's tough to say how everyone will coexist.

Mark Brunell rarely throws two good balls in a row. He's not a high-percentage passer. How can he still be an NFL starter?

• Handing the offense over to Al Saunders will improve the receivers immeasurably. He's the best receivers coach I've ever seen.

Andre Carter could be this year's version of Oakland's Derrick Burgess. Carter, a phenomenal pass rusher who wasn't being used right, gets to show his stuff. He can get 14 sacks.

Carlos Rogers is a hell of a corner -- big, fast and strong. He could have a monster year.

• They paid too much money [$31 million] for Antwaan Randle El. He makes one big play a game.

Interesting views both Negative and Positive. Especially about Brunell.

Hmm my thoughts...

1) Chemistry....Joe Gibbs is a hell of a coach. He changes men and can make anyone work for him and make a group work togther for him. That is how he has won three superbowls. They were years apart and there were different players each time. He has won NASCAR championships with different crews. He makes ppl want to win for him!!

2) Brunell is a 59.4% career completion percentage. John Elway 56%. Marino 59.4% Not to worried. Yeah hes a little older but he does have great recievers and a great offense coordinators.

3) Obviously!

4) Yeah add Andrea Carter to one of the best defensives in the NFL. Thank you!!

5) Obviously!

6) Randle El. Well worth it. Hes a big play threat!!

COME ON REGULAR SEASON!!!!

HTTR!!

Archived