Extremeskins

ESPN 8/21: Arrington leaves practice with knee swelling

21KillzCowboys

Lavar with more knee problems.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2556875

Arrington leaves Giants practice with knee swelling

Associated Press

espn-146x46-0044.gif

ALBANY, N.Y. -- Linebacker LaVar Arrington had to leave the New York Giants practice on Monday because of swelling in one of his knees.

LaVar Arrington s5031.jpgLinebacker

New York Giants

Profile 2005 SEASON STATISTICS Tot Ast Solo FF Sack Int 47 39 8 0 0 0 Coach Tom Coughlin did not say which knee was bothering the three-time Pro Bowl linebacker, who signed with the Giants in the spring, but Arrington missed the opening game of the preseason because of problems with his right knee. He made a short appearance against the Chiefs on Thursday. His status for Friday's game against the Jets is uncertain.

Arrington, who was signed for $49 million, has had two surgeries on the knee in recent years. He was not available for comment after practice.

Coughlin had said earlier in the day that Arrington impressed him last year playing for the Redskins, providing a physical presence and playing with a swagger that he liked.

"That to me was a very attractive part of the New York Giants' desire to bring LaVar Arrington here," Coughlin said.

Having fellow linebacker and former Redskins teammate Antonio Pierce say good things about Arrington also persuaded the Giants to sign him, Coughlin said.

"I have known Antonio to be a guy who doesn't throw words around, or praise around," Coughlin said. "He is a very businesslike guy, and he made solid, appropriate statements about the way in which he felt Arrington played and what he could bring to the table."

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

Coughlin had said earlier in the day that Arrington impressed him last year playing for the Redskins, providing a physical presence and playing with a swagger that he liked.

Ummmmmmmm.............................. what??????

Well I have to say that I'm glad we let him go. With the way his preseason is going, it makes me even happier. LA's knee is bothering him again. He missed the preseason opener and left practice because his knee swelled up. Even though I'm glad he's not with us anymore, I still wish him the best of luck. It'll be more fun to watch us beating the Giants with him in the game.

Please read the rules when posting new threads with this type of content. He is no longer a Redskin so please post content such as this in the around the NFL forum.

I can't help but laugh at this situation because my dad and I called it when the sitting situation occurred last year.

Please read the rules when posting new threads with this type of content. He is no longer a Redskin so please post content such as this in the around the NFL forum.

I can't help but laugh at this situation because my dad and I called it when the sitting situation occurred last year.

I did post this in the Around the NFL section. It got moved here by the Gods.

Thanks for the input, though.

Is it really bone on bone pain that he's dealing with (or is that a euphemism of some sort)? I certainly don't dig the way Mr. Nickels has handled himself or bad-mouthed the team, but my wife suffers from bone on bone pain and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Even though I'm glad he's not with us anymore, I still wish him the best of luck. It'll be more fun to watch us beating the Giants with him in the game.

Well said.

I hope he DOES play, and I hope Sellers lays him the **** out.

On a personal level, I wish him all the best with regard to his health. As a fan, I couldn't be happier that he's no longer a Redskin.

Archived