Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN 8/21: Arrington leaves practice with knee swelling

21KillzCowboys

Well, there's a reason he wasn't brought in by two teams that had a much greater need at OLB: the Phins and Jags. They both knew better after they checked him out. I don't think the Giants totally botched it, since this is only year one and he hasn't even missed any regular season time. However, Arrington's injury can only be as encouraging as Springs' is for us. :2cents:

This is what the Giant fans have to say about LA:

http://boards.giants.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=101386

http://boards.giants.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=102433

Swelling in the same knee that has been operated on twice in the last two years after only a week of practice! That says it all. Arrington has the same knee as Terrell Davis, Stephan Davis, & Marshall Faulk. thankfully, Lavar's contract is mostly incentive based so the Giants can dump him quickly if need be. It's time to concentrate on Torbor, Short, Blackburn and Wilikinson since they will be the ones healthy from week to week. Arrington was just a gamble gone bad. I was really hoping for Arrington but down deep we all knew there was a very good chance of this outcome.

-from StrahanStrikes, a member on the giants message board.

These guys are really upset with Arrington. :gaintsuck

This is what the Giant fans have to say about LA:

http://boards.giants.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=101386

http://boards.giants.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=102433

Swelling in the same knee that has been operated on twice in the last two years after only a week of practice! That says it all. Arrington has the same knee as Terrell Davis, Stephan Davis, & Marshall Faulk. thankfully, Lavar's contract is mostly incentive based so the Giants can dump him quickly if need be. It's time to concentrate on Torbor, Short, Blackburn and Wilikinson since they will be the ones healthy from week to week. Arrington was just a gamble gone bad. I was really hoping for Arrington but down deep we all knew there was a very good chance of this outcome.

-from StrahanStrikes, a member on the giants message board.

These guys are really upset with Arrington. :gaintsuck

Maybe this guy should run for FO at the G'aints camp! It's seems like he is the only one with a logical sense of mind. :D

Bone on Bone folks.... there is a reason why he failed his physical in Miami for the Dolphins..

Shant please find me one article that backs up your ludicrous claim of bone on bone.

Also please find me one article that states he took a physical in Miami.

Neither is true he never took a physical for anybody until he took ours and that was it. Also bone on bone is what curtis martin has not arrington

I think this is getting blown way out he played in the preseason game and he will play in the regular season the Giants have one of the toughest physicals in the NFL why do you think we let Barrow go.

Guest NebraSKIN

I agree. Barrow . . . that was painful.

Once NY finds that he is not the superstar that they envisioned, they will turn on him. Then, he will turn on them, limp his way back to DC, and tell all of us that he did it intentionally to bring down their D and ensure the Skins the NFC East title.

I am not sorry to hear it, I hate the Giants, don't like Arrington and consider it payback for Mike Barrow.

Also please find me one article that states he took a physical in Miami.

Neither is true he never took a physical for anybody until he took ours and that was it. Also bone on bone is what curtis martin has not arrington

I think this is getting blown way out he played in the preseason game and he will play in the regular season the Giants have one of the toughest physicals in the NFL why do you think we let Barrow go.

from his own mouth - lavar was asked why he didn't take a physical with the giants on his first trip, and here is part of his reply:

"...we were on a trip before then where I took a seven-hour physical. So I don’t know how you guys spend your days and your time, but a seven-hour physical, I felt like, at the time that was where I was going to sign a contact was with the Miami Dolphins."

this seems to indicate he had just taken a 7 hour physical in miami, and thought it would pan out, since he said he expected to sign there. when it didn't, he returned to ny without the trappings of his family and took one there.

http://www.giants.com/news/press_releases/story.asp?story_id=15276

One thing is for sure. When you have Gregg Williams as the defensive coordinator and he goes to management to get rid of a player despite the cap hit you have to really question picking that player up if you are another team.

Williams is known for getting the most out of his players. The guys that don't make out in his system often have flaws that prevent them from being successful elsewhere.

In Arrington's case it was a combination of attitude and health in Washington.

In NY, it has become just the myriad health issues. But still very significant.

One thing is for sure. When you have Gregg Williams as the defensive coordinator and he goes to management to get rid of a player despite the cap hit you have to really question picking that player up if you are another team.

Williams is known for getting the most out of his players. The guys that don't make out in his system often have flaws that prevent them from being successful elsewhere.

In Arrington's case it was a combination of attitude and health in Washington.

In NY, it has become just the myriad health issues. But still very significant.

WTF,

where did you get this from? Arrington brought his way out of his contract. There was no salary cap hit and I don't recall seeing anything about Williams going to management. And name one player who didn't make out in William's system that had flaws that prevent them from being successful elsewhere. What a bunch of crap.

well he had a torn meniscus which is the cushion from your upper leg to your lower leg. there might be some bone-bone contact but I'm sure he still has some meniscus left.

Regardless of his meniscus damage "bone on bone" will not occur unless the hyaline cartilage layers on the femoral and tibia surfaces(above and below the meniscus) are also substantially damaged.

Archived