Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

In before the close, and more

Pete

Ok people, by now some of you may have noticed that the staff isn't too fond of the "In before the close" posts. It's no longer found to be funny. Drunken rantings are another type of post / thread were not very high on, along with completely unrelated posts in threads that disrupt it.

This stuff needs to stop. You may have noticed posts or even threads have vanished. this will continue. The staff has far better things to do the clean up this mess, so please people, lets give it a rest.

:cheers:

I have to say I might have been guilty of this one or 2 times.... Sorry about that... it was peer pressure I guess :D

Thanks to the tireless mods who sweep the crap out of this little home on the internets..

This is an easy concept to grasp, but I can't understand what some of these people are doing constantly putting fantasy football invites and the like in the Stadium.

What is so hard to grasp about it being Skin related info only?:doh:

BTW Pete-----roll away.....the dew. Love the sig:D

In before the close is just message board culture...I'm not sure if you'll ever be able to eliminate it totally. Kind of like pwn3d and all that stuff....its just part of the deal.

But as far as drunk rantings...:paranoid: I have no idea what you're talking about...:paranoid:

The header for ruel # 18 says enough.

18. Adhere to the advice and recommendations of the ExtremeSkins.com Staff.

This thread is just that, friendly advice recomending this type of stuff stop.

Lets just say it's up to the staff weather a person who doesn't get the hint, and keeps doing such stuff get a little vacation, being it's now comes under violation of a rule.

If you want drunk ranting threads, by all means have them. Just find another message board to have them on.

In before the close is just message board culture...I'm not sure if you'll ever be able to eliminate it totally. Kind of like pwn3d and all that stuff....its just part of the deal.

But as far as drunk rantings...:paranoid: I have no idea what you're talking about...:paranoid:

Maybe other message board culture, but apparently not on this one. Couldn't agree more with that stance.

Ok people, by now some of you may have noticed that the staff isn't too fond of the "In before the close" posts. It's no longer found to be funny. ........

........ The staff has far better things to do the clean up this mess, so please people, lets give it a rest.

:cheers:

Oh Bra-effin-Vo! :applause:

I am thrilled to see this stance made openly and in such a succinct fashion. It is long overdue and can only improve the general atmosphere of the board.

I have seen a consistent trend during the 'tween season on here wherein the mods have been constantly trying their best to just nudge people in a more positive direction. You look back over the last several months and you can see regular intervention in an attempt to get the herd moving without actually resorting to the cattleprods. Personally I think the restraint and forbearance shown by the mods has been damn near saintlike, I honestly don't know if I could put up w/ the some of the crap we do see, much less those things too hideous to see the light of day.

As ever, great job gentlemen, some people here actually do appreciate these efforts as opposed to some that just endure them.

yeh, that line was getting annoying. I would not mind it at all and still laugh if the thread is outright rediculous. However, now you get newer members, ragging on other newer members by saying that line, that is when it gets annoying. Some of these newer posters do have a legit question, and they are rediculed by others.

Now, what's wrong with the drunken ramblings, sometimes they are clean and funny :laugh: I won't start any threads like that though.

Folks, many here, myself included have posted while buzzed a bit. Posting with a few under your belt is not the problem. Starting a thread and proclaiming I'm drunk and don't care what I say, with others jumping in to egg the person on to post more ramblings is the problem.

This forum is for discussion of topics other then the football. We're pretty easy going on the subject matter, and get involved in an official capacity very little. Drunken threads are not a discussion of a topic. It's people replying to a person who's not completely in control of their thoughts or emotions to illicit a response for a laugh for the most part.

It brings no valuable content to the forum whatsoever.

Archived