Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

T.O. on the John Thompson show 5pm

RDSKNfaithfull

He didn't say much. Said his book was written to clear the air and the finally tell the truth. He said that Sal Palentonio broke all the news last year and where ever he got his info from, it was biased and not the truth. he said he regretted the home interview he did only because of the way the media portrayed it. He said that he got along with all of his defense (from the iggles) because most of them showed up to his party. He said he has talked to Drew and Drew said the biggest thing was communications. He also said he talked with Bill for 45 minutes and thinks that Bill also has a bad rep from the fans, that he isn't so bad, likes to have fun but wants his guys to work. TO said that's exactly how he (TO) is and they should have a great working relationship. He said that the Cowboys reaction to him (at workouts and meetings)a was the same as the Eagles, everyone just watching him, taking him in, trying to paint a picture of him. Asked if he would talk to McNabb on 10/8, he said as long as it was real.

When asked about the Redskins he brushed that off and said the whole division will be good talking more about the Giants and the Eagles/Cowgirls rivalry (because of him of course) but said the Skins are right there and it will be a dog fight.

JT wished him well and said to keep on doing what he does, except of course against the Skins in which TO laughed and said goodbye.

(Should be noted that he was right on time for the Interview which I know doesn't always happen with egos)

Same old TO, he's the victim, no one understands him, People are out to get him, now Sal Pal is against him as well :doh:

the only constant in each one of his little episodes is TO.... but yet we are to believe he is always the victim??? :jerk:

TO the Martyr :rolleyes:

He didn't say much. Said his book was written to clear the air and the finally tell the truth. He said that Sal Palentonio broke all the news last year and where ever he got his info from, it was biased and not the truth. he said he regretted the home interview he did only because of the way the media portrayed it. He said that he got along with all of his defense (from the iggles) because most of them showed up to his party. He said he has talked to Drew and Drew said the biggest thing was communications. He also said he talked with Bill for 45 minutes and thinks that Bill also has a bad rep from the fans, that he isn't so bad, likes to have fun but wants his guys to work. TO said that's exactly how he (TO) is and they should have a great working relationship. He said that the Cowboys reaction to him (at workouts and meetings)a was the same as the Eagles, everyone just watching him, taking him in, trying to paint a picture of him. Asked if he would talk to McNabb on 10/8, he said as long as it was real.

When asked about the Redskins he brushed that off and said the whole division will be good talking more about the Giants and the Eagles/Cowgirls rivalry (because of him of course) but said the Skins are right there and it will be a dog fight.

JT wished him well and said to keep on doing what he does, except of course against the Skins in which TO laughed and said goodbye.

(Should be noted that he was right on time for the Interview which I know doesn't always happen with egos)

This is a pretty dead-on recap. T.O. still has alot to learn but he gave John & co. a good interview. I really want to believe things will be different this time but T.O. has alot of proving to do.

This is a pretty dead-on recap. T.O. still has alot to learn but he gave John & co. a good interview. I really want to believe things will be different this time but T.O. has alot of proving to do.

The recap and that statement is a pretty rosy view if you ask me. TO felt it was necessary to reiterate more than once how wrong the arbitrater was in upholding his suspension. I found that particularly interesting. Especially how he decided it was because the guy wouldn't deal with the real TO, but with the TO that the press created.

He also felt it necessary to pass virtually all of the blame for the eagles last season fiasco onto other people. Basically, TO felt it necessary to not take one ounce of blame upon himself for what happened last year and again, for the second time talk of how he's a different guy, how it will work this time, how he's leaving the baggage he carries behind him and looking for a fresh start in dallas. The exact same stuff everyone heard from TO the last time he needed to transfer teams.

In other words, TO hasn't learned a damn thing. It's everyone else's fault, he'll definitely get along with everyone in dallas as well as he did with everyone in Philly and SF, and any issues that may come up won't be his fault, they'll be the fault of whoever can most easliy shoulder the blame.

That would be a recap with the lines filled in. BTW, John Thompson is known for his softball interviews. The surprising part was that Doc and Al followed suit.

Not that this has anything to do with anything, but his voice sounds a lot like Arrington's.

Anyway, I came away from that interview thinking TO sounded reasonable enough, but actions speak louder than words. If TO really wants to show the world he's just misunderstood, he needs to shut up and be a good soldier for the rest of his career. At this point the more he talks the worse he makes things for himself.

After listening to the interview, I don't think he understands that yet.

Not that this has anything to do with anything, but his voice sounds a lot like Arrington's.

TO and Arrington are remarkably similar. I made this point last season and got jumped on by some folks. TO is LA squared but they are cut from the same cloth. And these are not players I want on my team...ever.

New England and Pittsburgh have proven you can win titles with smart, tough, blue collar players. Flashy is so 1999.

Anyway, I came away from that interview thinking TO sounded reasonable enough, but actions speak louder than words. If TO really wants to show the world he's just misunderstood, he needs to shut up and be a good soldier for the rest of his career. At this point the more he talks the worse he makes things for himself.

He hasn't changed one damned bit...I listened to that interview this was the same drivel that he spouted when he CHOSE to go to the Eagles two years ago...

Now he has choosen to go to the Cowboys with a worse QB and O-line...should be interesting

After the way Doc and Al talk about TO i am disappointed that they didn't ask tougher questions. They have made it very clear what their opinions are. You don't have to be disrespectful or nasty but they REALLY wimped out. I expected JT to wimp out.

That may well have been the plan.

If you make the interview "fun" for T.O., then you have a better chance of getting him to come back for another interview, which is good for ratings. Even if all you do is lob softballs at T.O., people will tune in to hear him.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you. A confident secure individual who knows that he's misunderstood would have been a lot less wordy and more direct to imply that he's tired of talking. I don't like the fact that T.O. feels the need to go into such lengthy explanations to explain why he's the victim and while not accepting any responsibility. Explanations and proving who's right and wrong are pointless at this juncture and I can't believe no one has taught this to him yet. Actions speak louder than words. At the same time, I do believe deep down he wants to improve his perception.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you. A confident secure individual who knows that he's misunderstood would have been a lot less wordy and more direct to imply that he's tired of talking. I don't like the fact that T.O. feels the need to go into such lengthy explanations to explain why he's the victim and while not accepting any responsibility. Explanations and proving who's right and wrong are pointless at this juncture and I can't believe no one has taught this to him yet. Actions speak louder than words. At the same time, I do believe deep down he wants to improve his perception.

The chances of a 33 year old football player changing his personality are about the same as Taylor Jacobs morphing into Jerry Rice. We all want to be loved but it doesn't mean we all know how to make it happen.

he said he regretted the home interview he did only because of the way the media portrayed it.

Ummm, it was a live press conference. No editing or spinning made it any more painful than it was. It was an embarrassing moment for him even before the media got their meathooks into it.

"Next question...."

The chances of a 33 year old football player changing his personality are about the same as Taylor Jacobs morphing into Jerry Rice. We all want to be loved but it doesn't mean we all know how to make it happen.

While T.O. hasn't done anything to "sell" me yet, I do believe people can change and environment and circumstance can play a factor. Would you be less skeptical if he landed in N.E.? Look at the Corey Dillon situation.

While T.O. hasn't done anything to "sell" me yet, I do believe people can change and environment and circumstance can play a factor. Would you be less skeptical if he landed in N.E.? Look at the Corey Dillon situation.

I would be slightly less skeptical but still skeptical. At least NE has Tom Brady and 3 very recent rings.

Dillon was a malcontent but hardly anywhere near the TO level. CD had two problems - he didn't want to split carries and he was tired of losing. He also came on to a team that was the reigning champions. And there was Tom Brady to kick his ass if he got out of line. Drew isn't exactly that type of QB.

Incidently, don't you find it interesting that New England, despite the need for a WR wanted nothing to do with TO? I guess they didn't see TO and CD in the same light, did they?

Archived