Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

T.O. on the John Thompson show 5pm

RDSKNfaithfull

I can't believe no one has taught this to him yet. Actions speak louder than words. At the same time, I do believe deep down he wants to improve his perception.

I agree, but it makes you wonder how often these star athletes get an unfiltered view of themselves. You know Agent Drew is not helping any, just looking out for himself. I wonder if there is anyone in TO's camp, maybe some PR person, who can get through to him about the public's perception or if he will always feel like the victim. I think this is where he is misunderstood and also agitates people, he honestly does have remorse but can't express in the normal way we do everyday. He puts it off on other people all the time. Arrington is the same way, almost like they have boderline personalities (always the victim and will twist it so some else is at fault)

I would be slightly less skeptical but still skeptical. At least NE has Tom Brady and 3 very recent rings.

Dillon was a malcontent but hardly anywhere near the TO level. CD had two problems - he didn't want to split carries and he was tired of losing. He also came on to a team that was the reigning champions. And there was Tom Brady to kick his ass if he got out of line. Drew isn't exactly that type of QB.

Incidently, don't you find it interesting that New England, despite the need for a WR wanted nothing to do with TO? I guess they didn't see TO and CD in the same light, did they?

I don't know the details of N.E.'s interest level or their cap situation but I'm willing to bet Bilichick could have figured out away to coach T.O.. Like you said though, they're reigning champs and in a completely different situation.

While T.O. hasn't done anything to "sell" me yet, I do believe people can change and environment and circumstance can play a factor. QUOTE]

I listened to the interview, and in my oppinion, nothing has changed. THEREAFTER, I agree with you that he has an opportunity to start over in D and prove himself, but I don't see this happening for one big reason: he hasn't grown up. I have been looking for signs from TO that he would man up and take responsibility for the mistakes he made in SF and Philly, but he's still distributing the blame. He is still painting himself as the victim in the Mcnabb situation, even though he CLEARLY played a huge role in the fight, and it was the immature way he handled the aftermath that caused his suspension. FIGHTS BREAK OUT ALL THE TIME BETWEEN TEAMMATES; it is the way that the players handle it that determine their character. This to me is proof that he will inevitably erupt in Dallas once again, because he is still an egotistical 12 yr old trapped inside a 32 (?) yr old body. I will continute to label him a team cancer until he is willing to own up to his mistakes.

The recap and that statement is a pretty rosy view if you ask me. TO felt it was necessary to reiterate more than once how wrong the arbitrater was in upholding his suspension. I found that particularly interesting.

I think if you ask anyone with any knowledge of legal proceedings, the cba between the league and the team, and arbitration agrees with T.O. on that sentiment. Judicially, it was an unfair decision.

I think if you ask anyone with any knowledge of legal proceedings, the cba between the league and the team, and arbitration agrees with T.O. on that sentiment. Judicially, it was an unfair decision.

I respectfully disagree. Keyshawn was suspended six games for conduct detrimental thus setting a precedent.

More importantly, none of us knows what each side brought to the table in terms of real evidence. It has been suggested that the eagles FO made meticulous documentation of TO's conduct should such a case ever arise. To say this situation is based solely on the terms of the collective bargaining agreement would be wrong. The document itself is subject to interpretation on a case by case basis and in terms of evidence provided.

That TO felt it necessary to mention the unfairness of this situation rather than move on from it speaks volumes about how much he's learned and moved on from his past.

I agree, but it makes you wonder how often these star athletes get an unfiltered view of themselves. You know Agent Drew is not helping any, just looking out for himself. I wonder if there is anyone in TO's camp, maybe some PR person, who can get through to him about the public's perception or if he will always feel like the victim. I think this is where he is misunderstood and also agitates people, he honestly does have remorse but can't express in the normal way we do everyday. He puts it off on other people all the time. Arrington is the same way, almost like they have boderline personalities (always the victim and will twist it so some else is at fault)

TO doesn't have remorse for anything he has done. If he did, then he would still be an Eagle and not a Cowboy. He has put himself above everyone else and has a narcissistical complex. He loves himself and thinks that he is the best thing since "slice bread." Do you think he would actually listen to anyone else about his image? To him he was loved and endeared by his teammates and fans. The exceptions were that McNabb was jealous of him and that McNabb sabotaged his comeback to the Eagles by telling them to get rid of him. Come on! If you believe that you are in dreamland. I don't mean to be disrespectful and you are entitled to your opinion but no one believes that he is remorseful. He won't even be able to rebuild his image like Kobe Bryant did. The reason he has never learned or will learn is because everytime you see an interview with his teammates or people who know him they always say, "TO is just being TO." This only fuels the fire for him because he believes he is right and everyone else is wrong.

TO doesn't have remorse for anything he has done. If he did, then he would still be an Eagle and not a Cowboy. He has put himself above everyone else and has a narcissistical complex. He loves himself and thinks that he is the best thing since "slice bread." Do you think he would actually listen to anyone else about his image? To him he was loved and endeared by his teammates and fans. The exceptions were that McNabb was jealous of him and that McNabb sabotaged his comeback to the Eagles by telling them to get rid of him. Come on! If you believe that you are in dreamland. I don't mean to be disrespectful and you are entitled to your opinion but no one believes that he is remorseful. He won't even be able to rebuild his image like Kobe Bryant did. The reason he has never learned or will learn is because everytime you see an interview with his teammates or people who know him they always say, "TO is just being TO." This only fuels the fire for him because he believes he is right and everyone else is wrong.

See, that's were you're wrong. Everyone feels remorse on some level...the only people who don't are considered sociopaths by the medical community, its a fact. So, even T.O. feels remorse on some level, he just will never show you. Don't get me wrong, I was only trying to explain his personality, not his actions. Though, even in the John Thompson interview, he was defending his actions about the lawn interview because the media protrayed him in a bad light. That right there is an example of remorse. He's just not sorry for what we all think is an out of control personality, that cancer thing he has going on.

That's why I said a boderline personality. Key components being a low sense of self and an overaction to anyone trying to take that away from him. For all of TO's narcissim and ego, I guarantee he is a very insecure person, his actions just scream. I think that's why he still had all those friends on the Eagles (mostly the D). He's your best friend until you wrong him, then all those chilhood issues arise and he overacts and attacks you. He's really just a big child.

I respectfully disagree. Keyshawn was suspended six games for conduct detrimental thus setting a precedent.

More importantly, none of us knows what each side brought to the table in terms of real evidence. It has been suggested that the eagles FO made meticulous documentation of TO's conduct should such a case ever arise. To say this situation is based solely on the terms of the collective bargaining agreement would be wrong. The document itself is subject to interpretation on a case by case basis and in terms of evidence provided.

That TO felt it necessary to mention the unfairness of this situation rather than move on from it speaks volumes about how much he's learned and moved on from his past.

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not when I say that Keyshawn never filed a grievance over that. However, T.O. did. I dont know if you have any labor law experience, so if you do forgive me if this sounds like I'm babying you.

When a grievance goes to arbitration, all that is being done is the arbitrator is interpreting the CBA to decide essentially if someone breached the contract. Now, I have not seen the CBA myself, but after going to some speeches, etc., it seems that most people with knowledge of the CBA believe that the arbitrator's decision was in fact a poor one.

It kinda goes toward Steve McNair winning his arbitration. Though not entirely the same situation, certainly it can be seen as having a relatability to the T.O. case. The Titans didnt want to let McNair go to another team in their conference so quickly, and the Eagles didnt want to have to cut T.O. and let him go to another team in their division perhaps. So, both teams tried to keep them on the roster but prevent them from entering the premises. McNair won his case, which most people think is the right decision. If you don't want a guy on your team, you have to cut him. And you can't prevent him from going to another team at the same time as not allowing him to play for you. Seems fair when you think about it... no?

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not when I say that Keyshawn never filed a grievance over that. However, T.O. did. I dont know if you have any labor law experience, so if you do forgive me if this sounds like I'm babying you.

When a grievance goes to arbitration, all that is being done is the arbitrator is interpreting the CBA to decide essentially if someone breached the contract. Now, I have not seen the CBA myself, but after going to some speeches, etc., it seems that most people with knowledge of the CBA believe that the arbitrator's decision was in fact a poor one.

It kinda goes toward Steve McNair winning his arbitration. Though not entirely the same situation, certainly it can be seen as having a relatability to the T.O. case. The Titans didnt want to let McNair go to another team in their conference so quickly, and the Eagles didnt want to have to cut T.O. and let him go to another team in their division perhaps. So, both teams tried to keep them on the roster but prevent them from entering the premises. McNair won his case, which most people think is the right decision. If you don't want a guy on your team, you have to cut him. And you can't prevent him from going to another team at the same time as not allowing him to play for you. Seems fair when you think about it... no?

Firstly, you should address a key point in my post. We as fans have no idea what was brought to the table by either side. As far as I've heard, the eagles kept solid records displaying a history of poor conduct by TO. I think that is where the situations differ drastically. McNair never showed one ounce of disrespect to his franchise or coaches. TO, however did. This is an important factor when discussing something as fluid as conduct detrimental to the team. At that point, it is up to the abritrator to decide if the eagles showed sufficient evidence of misconduct. I wasn't in the room at the time, so I won't speak to whether the deceision was good or bad. My main point is, and has been throughout this thread, that we don't know. The fact that TO thinks it was certainly isn't enough for me to think so. I see where you're coming from, but I don't think you see where I'm coming from.

Same old TO, he's the victim, no one understands him, People are out to get him, now Sal Pal is against him as well :doh:

the only constant in each one of his little episodes is TO.... but yet we are to believe he is always the victim??? :jerk:

TO the Martyr :rolleyes:

Not to beat a dead horse or anything...but, is T.O. and Lavar related?? They both cry victim and they are always misunderstood.

Just another tidbit...my crew was in doing some work in Lavar's house in Annapolis about two weeks ago (I just had to go check on them for quality control and all). He is walking with a SERIOUS limp, and he had a huge wrap on his knee, could have been a precaution, but... Also, about 30 plasmas on every wall of the house, looked and SMELLED like he just had a party.

Archived