Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Aight Kos, you got this boy. New welterweight champ gets crowned tonight. LETS GO!!!!

pass me what your smoking

---------- Post added December-12th-2010 at 12:08 AM ----------

moral victory for Koscheck, he got GSP down :ols: (and avoided a couple of takedowns)

now if he can just solve that pesky jab........

round 1 to GSP

Welp, looks like Koscheck is the next fighter who discovers a little power in his right hand, and then feels it is a good strategy to just try to wind up and throw haymakers......

Another hype show has fooled the masses.

Only end of rnd 2...so nothing set in stone yet...but...

Koscheck just another middle of the road overrated ZUFFA product of a fighter.

Explain to me this. Koscheck and his coaches claim to be well rounded, yet his eye is closed after ONE ROUND, and he continues to stand there for next three rounds and have a jabbing contest?

GSP is obviously the superior fighter here, no one will argue that, but why not even try and attempt to mix things up, throw different weapons at GSP and TRY TO WIN. This is just lame.

Once again, glad I did not pay for this.

And predictably all we get from Rogan/Goldberg is

"OMG....GSP is so good"

"OMG.....jabs....jabs....look at those jabs"

There was never once that the commentators questioned just WTF Koscheck and his corner were thinking by continuing to stand and have a boxing match. It was just "throw more punches, throw more punches...come on Cos....throw more punches"

Oh and an occasional "Koscheck is never out of it...all it will take is one big right hand" just to keep the BS hype machine going, even when it i s way beyond believable.

the UFC is playing with fire by not putting GSP vs. Anderson together

it should've happened by now, the longer they wait, the greater the chance someone else beats them and destroys what would probably be the biggest fight in UFC history

If/when Anderson gets through Vitor, they need to set up the GSP fight for the summer.

Before the fight, GSP said he had an announcement about his fighting career, and hinted at a "next chapter" everyone figured it meant the move to 185, however we got nothing out of him post-fight.

Maybe he will announce it in the post fight press conference, or maybe he is waiting to see what happens with Silva vs. Belfort?

Who knows.

If/when Anderson gets through Vitor, they need to set up the GSP fight for the summer.
Before the fight, GSP said he had an announcement about his fighting career, and hinted at a "next chapter" everyone figured it meant the move to 185, however we got nothing out of him post-fight.

Maybe he will announce it in the post fight press conference, or maybe he is waiting to see what happens with Silva vs. Belfort?

Who knows.

Dana said in an interview with Ariel Helwani that Jake Shields is next for GSP

Hate much, NoCal? Kos is another overrated Zuffa fighter? Who outside of the UFC could beat him at 170? Paul Daley? I'll take my boy Nick Diaz, but I'll take him over anyone not named GSP.

You're right that his gameplan sucked, but I credit GSP for some of that. He always makes it look like his opponent's gameplans suck.

Glad you didn;t pay for it? It was an awesome card! Almost all finishes, and the main event was a text book ass whooping. I've hated on GSP for his lack of finishing as much as anyone, but I credit him big time for his fight last night. He showed why is in the conversation for best p4p of all time. He has such great and precise gameplans, and he executes them perfectly.

GSP said if he moves up it would take him time to add the proper weight and he would do it to stay up. Not just for one fight. I think he is too small for 185 and too small for Anderson. If the super fight happens I would hope it would be a catchweight at 178. Anderson is probably too big to make that weight though. Like I said, He is too big for GSP. I don't need to see that fight to compare the greatness of those two fighters. I don't think it would really tell us anything. They are both two of the best fighters of all time, and that is good enough for me.

GSP has Shields next. If Fitch beat Penn, we'll probably see GSP-Fitch. Meanwhile if Condit gets a couple quality wins, he'll be in line. By then maybe someone will be dominating 155 so much that they can move up, or GSP can move down. GSP has a lot of "show" muscle. He can lose that if he wants and drop down easier then moving up, imo.

Anderson has Vitor, then Okami, then a Sonnen rematch. Plus, I loved seeing him at 205. I am much more interested in seeing his matchups up there then GSP at a catchweight or at 185.

Glad you didn;t pay for it? It was an awesome card!

It was a fun card to watch but I'm getting to the point where no matter how good the event is, I seem to be bitter about dropping $50 to see it. I look back at 2010 and realize I basically spent $50 per month on UFC. That's just stupid. I swore I wasn't going to watch this card and then my friend nagged me into it at the last minute. It "delivered" but I still really should start cutting back my UFC PPV budget in 2011. I know there are other ways to see these events but I don't go to bars and I'm not comfortable with illegally streaming them.

I know there are other ways to see these events but I don't go to bars and I'm not comfortable with illegally streaming them.

Yeah, I was questioning whether I would get this one, but I ended up ordering it, and I am happy I did. I had a few people chipping in, so that definitely helps, but my group had dwindled a little over the last year or so. I ordered almost everything this year, I only didn't when I was out of town. But I could see myself skipping some this upcoming year. But time will tell...I am pretty sure I said the same thing last year.

I go to bars every once in a while, I have a good time, but I end up spending quite a bit on food and drinks, which I understand is the point of the establishments having them on. But like you, I don't want to illegally stream them. There are a few reasons for that, but that is another discussion for another time.

Yeah it is more about the $50 price tag, then about the card not being decent. PPV. Dropping $50 every month is getting old. I stopped doing it a few months back and I haven't regretted it since. There are plenty of other avenues, like going to the bar, or a someone elses house and just throwing down your $5, or when all fails, it is pretty easy to find an online stream for free.

Maybe my words towards Kos, were a little harsh. I have nothing but respect for GSP, he is a pro and he showed it. My frustration with Kos and his corner is that they were either delusional, or they just aren't very good at cornering.

Watching the fight there was never a moment that you'd think Koscheck was a world class wrestler. The entire fight he went for about two takedowns at the max. He even scored a takedown at th end of the first round, but it came in a round he clearly lost overall.

By the end of the second round, how does his corner not realize Kos is being beaten to the punch every time and Kos needs to try a different approach.

Who the hell goes into a fight against GSP, let alone any title fight thinking "I will just circle around and hope to land a big right hand" What the hell?

This is why I feel my money is wasted, because increasingly fighters are abandoning the "MMA" aspect of the sport, and just standing there trying to get a KO.

I'd love to see the GSP/Kos fight with commentary from the HDnet crew. You'd probably get a lot more substance to than what we got from Rogan & Goldberg which is to go on pure hype.

It was all "wow, what a great jab" and then "but Kos is never out cause of that right hand"

Oh yeah, the right hand that just started happening in his last few fights? THAT right hand? What are they talking about? Absent from any of the commentary was any type of questioning as to why Kos was still standing at GSP's range and having a jabbing contest.

Kos never once in that fight really looked he was interested in pressing the fight, or taking any risks, or forcing GSP to change his own gameplan. Instead he simply stood at Pierre's range and hoped that GSP would make a mistake..

Ridiculous.

Well it appears that the talk of Bellator to FX was a little premature. They have signed a deal with MTV2, which although they are making it sound rosy now, is a pretty big step down from FX, IMO.

CEO Bjorn Rebney details Bellator's new three-year deal with MTV2

A seemingly all-but-official deal with the FOX Entertainment Group wasn't in the cards for Bellator Fighting Championships, after all.

Officials today announced the mixed-martial-arts promotion has signed a three-year broadcasting deal with MTV2, which will air two annual 12-week seasons live in the cable station's 80 million homes in 2011. Additionally, "offseason" events will air live between seasons.

In an exclusive interview with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney confirmed the organization was in "advanced negotiations" with three TV groups but that the MTV option was, by far, the most attractive.

"There is absolutely no question our first choice was MTV2," Rebney said today from Bellator's Chicago offices. "It's about who you reach and how reach them. There was no mistake in this deal or in this structure. TNT or USA or ESPN or FX or CBS or NBC or every network TV station, the biggest concentration of men ages 12-34 is on MTV2. It's the same demo that lives and breathes MMA.

"If you're going to build a brand ... in this space, where could there be a better home? There's no question this was the No. 1 option."

MTV2 begins airing Bellator's fourth season, which again will travel to cities across the U.S. each week, in March.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/21747/ceo-bjorn-rebney-details-bellators-new-three-year-deal-with-mtv2.mma

Edited by lovetoaster

It was a fun card to watch but I'm getting to the point where no matter how good the event is, I seem to be bitter about dropping $50 to see it. I look back at 2010 and realize I basically spent $50 per month on UFC. That's just stupid. I swore I wasn't going to watch this card and then my friend nagged me into it at the last minute. It "delivered" but I still really should start cutting back my UFC PPV budget in 2011. I know there are other ways to see these events but I don't go to bars and I'm not comfortable with illegally streaming them.
Yeah, I was questioning whether I would get this one, but I ended up ordering it, and I am happy I did. I had a few people chipping in, so that definitely helps, but my group had dwindled a little over the last year or so. I ordered almost everything this year, I only didn't when I was out of town. But I could see myself skipping some this upcoming year. But time will tell...I am pretty sure I said the same thing last year.

I go to bars every once in a while, I have a good time, but I end up spending quite a bit on food and drinks, which I understand is the point of the establishments having them on. But like you, I don't want to illegally stream them. There are a few reasons for that, but that is another discussion for another time.

Yeah it is more about the $50 price tag, then about the card not being decent. PPV. Dropping $50 every month is getting old. I stopped doing it a few months back and I haven't regretted it since. There are plenty of other avenues, like going to the bar, or a someone elses house and just throwing down your $5, or when all fails, it is pretty easy to find an online stream for free.

I made myself a commitment a few months ago that I'm going to stop ordering so many PPVs. But I've now ordered two in a row. I think from here on out I'm going to only order "super cards" and/or cards that are headlined by the top P4P guys (Anderson, GSP, etc. luckily Fedor's fights will be free).

Another thing I was thinking of was trying to get people together to chip in on PPVs. IMO, that is the cheapest way to go w/out watching the event online. The bar that I like to go to watch the events charges a $5 cover and I always end up spending at least $25 in beer and food.

I understand why Kos looked like he did in his fight against GSP. This isn't the ultimate fighter where you're seeing two guys basically improvise... these fights are game planned for a long long time. Preparation revolves around that game plan. I think Kos and his people looked at the first fight with GSP and everything GSP has put on tape since then and they saw the same things we all saw, a guy that wants to get the fight to the ground as fast as he can to hide his vulnerable chin. Kos prepared to keep the fight standing and figured he'd get chances by stuffing take down attempts to slow GSP down.

GSP, proving that it's not just about ability, came in ready to stand with Kos. He went for take downs here and there but for the most part he looked way too comfortable standing for me to believe that wasn't part of the plan. He's now basically defeated Kos with game planning twice. The first fight he was expected NOT to wrestler the UFC golden wrestler (Kos) and came in and immediately took the fight to the ground catching Kos and everyone else entirely off guard. He flipped the script again.

Kos couldn't undo months of training and once his eye shut on him, he was screwed. It's hard enough to adjust to GSP's speed with two eyes. Half blind and hurt it's damn near impossible. Remember folks GSP stuffs 80%+ of take downs attempted on him. A guy with one eye and wounded that trained for a standing fight isn't just going to take down the champ at will... especially when that champ isn't exposing himself to the take down by landing hard jabs from a distance.

Edited by Destino