Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Gurgel was basically knocked out while standing up by that right hand. Noons had a free swing with the left, a lot like Koscheck/Yoshida.

Yeah. Those are some crazy swings. Really hope he gets matched up with Cheech in Oct. You're sig makes me want to see Gomi-Douche Noons too.

BTW, what's up with him calling out Mayweather? Who the **** does he think he is?

Hey, keest. Where you in San Diego for Beer Week last year? I was looking at the slide sow on their website and tout I saw a pic of you.

No. Unfortunately that was not me :( Had I been in SD, you'd have known b/c I would have pestered the hell out of you and BigMike to go out! :ols:

Also, from Sherdog:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Strikeforce-Postmortem-Upset-Specials-Noons-Bad-Knee-More-26489

Should Texas be a no-fight zone?

The display of questionable officiating during Saturday’s Strikeforce event comes down to one key fact about the Texas State Athletic Commission: there’s no such thing as a Texas State Athletic Commission. Instead, the state’s Department of Licensing and Regulation is responsible for oversight of boxing and mixed martial arts: a seven-member board dictates policy on fight sports and 28 other industries, including electricians and auctioneers. Contrast that with a state like New Jersey or Nevada, which employs at least one full-time commission member whose sole duty is to audit prizefighting.

Among their flubs: Lashley was struck multiple times in the back of the head in the climax of the Griggs fight; Noons blasted Gurgel with an illegal knee to punctuate his fight-ending finish; and no drug tests were performed on any of the athletes.

The sport is plenty dangerous even with immaculate oversight: it has no room for a state that can’t devote its full authority to regulating it.

I'm surprised they didn't mention the standup from mount.

Also, from Sherdog:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Strikeforce-Postmortem-Upset-Specials-Noons-Bad-Knee-More-26489

I'm surprised they didn't mention the standup from mount.

Yeah, I know it has been mentioned, but that was some of the worst referreeing I have ever seen. I know Lashley was not doing much with the mount, but you can not just let him lose that position. They checked on the cut, but to not put them back in the position was interesting.

And then in the Noons-Gurgel fight, that should have never gone to a second round. That ref was clueless. If you deem that the punch at the end of the first was legal, then that was a KO. He was done. If it was not a legal punch, it then it sould have been a loss or a no contest. Then to let Gurgel take so many unnecessary shots in the second because he was so damn tentative in stepping in, not to mention the obvious illegal knee. That guy does not need to be in the cage or ring for a while.

This might have been covered in the article you linked to (I am too lazy to read), but the absurd thing to me about Texas is that they do not require drug testing. I know when the UFC and WEC have gone down there for events, they done their own testing, but apparently Strikeforce chose not to. I just don't think you can go without testing these days from a state or an organization standpoint. Especially when you have a guy like Lashley on the card that people have questioned.

BTW, what's up with him calling out Mayweather? Who the **** does he think he is?

That...was one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. He is 11-2, mostly with decisions in six round fights. He should not even be discussing fighting Floyd Mayweather, Sr.

One more thing...anyone see this? I know nothing about compressed oxygen, but apparently it is not legal...

KJ Noons and King Mo use Compressed Oxygen, as Strikeforce: Houston fighters are not tested for illegal substances

These screenshots below show a substance being ingested by King Mo and KJ Noons (coincidentally betting favorites) before their respective bouts at Strikeforce: Houston. KJ Noons defeated Jorge Gurgel in a controversial Lightweight contest, as King Mo lost his Light Heavyweight title after being TKO'd by Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante in the third round.

Compressed Oxygen is a banned substance in any sport, including Mixed Martial Arts. TSAC's website clarifies the rules about what kind of substances are allowed inside the cage or ring...

http://www.lowkick.com/Strikeforce/Illegal-Substances-used-in-StrikeForce-Houston-event-9647

Edited by lovetoaster

Jorger Gurgel simply has zero power to accentuate his technical skills. His ceiling in MMA is fighting mediocre talent because he's just no threat to finish anyone. I've seen him lose to guys who weren't even close to him in experience or method because they could do damage and he cannot. I've never been so sure of anything in my life as I was that Noons would destroy him and Noons is a pure boxer with very little effective MMA in his arsenal.

KJ has got dynamite in those hands and that's his bread and butter. Do not box with him, period. (Man I hate KJ Noons. Hate. KJ. Noons.)

This might have been covered in the article you linked to (I am too lazy to read), but the absurd thing to me about Texas is that they do not require drug testing. I know when the UFC and WEC have gone down there for events, they done their own testing, but apparently Strikeforce chose not to. I just don't think you can go without testing these days from a state or an organization standpoint. Especially when you have a guy like Lashley on the card that people have questioned.

Yep, they mentioned that in the article and IMO, it lessens Strikeforce's credibility to not test the fighters themselves when Zuffa does it with their guys when it's not mandatory.

That entire situation is bad for Strikeforce as a competitor of the UFC.

Feijao looked alot bigger in the cage than Mo as well

I told my buddy that Feijao was a HW by the time he climbed in that cage. Mo knew after 2 minutes of the first round that this guy could knock him out. I can't see a rematch going any different until King Mo finds a heavy punch for his arsenal.

anyone else surprised at how easily Feijao got right back up after Mo took him down in the fight?

Mo managed to hold Mousasi down for 5 rounds, but couldn't keep Feijao there for more than 5 seconds

Feijao looked alot bigger in the cage than Mo as well

I think Mo got a little too confident in his stand up when it is still a little raw. I was surprised with how easily Feijao got back to his feet, but at the same time, I do not think that Mo was trying as hard to keep him down. Mo was happy to stand, and that was not the best gameplan.

And yes, I was surprised with how big Feijao was. He could be much more of a force than anyone thought if he keeps this up.

Saturday night was not a good night for SF, with Lashley and Mo losing. Combine that with Hendo, Fedor and Mousasi losing recently and losing Shields, and I am curious to see the matchups and marketing that they have ahead. Most of their truly marketable people will be coming off of losses.

Nick Diaz - Great fighter, but outside of knowledgable fans, not really marketable.

Jacare - Same thing, not really marketable in the U.S. right now.

Cung Le - They will try and market him, but the fact is that he is 38 with not a whole lot of fights against top competition.

Robbie Lawler - I love watching him fight, but he is coming off of a loss and I don't really think he can carry a card because a lot of casual fans do not really know him. And isn't his contract up soon?

Babalu - I am guessing he will probably get a shot at Feijao for the LHW belt, and I would definitely watch that fight, but I can't imagine someone like CBS getting really excited about that fight.

Werdum - He will get marketed as a giant killer and they will be able to promote a rematch, but outside of a fight with Fedor, there is not really another one that I think they could really market.

Bigfoot Silva - Another great fighter, but casual fans are pretty indifferent toward him.

I don't think they market their product very well anyways, but their marketing potential has really taken a blow over the last few months, IMO.

EDIT: Oops, I forgot about Overeem. I think they could market him, but I think they should have been agressively doing that for a while now. They hitched their wagon to Fedor and Hendo and that plan did not work out.

Edited by lovetoaster

Why does everyone hate Mir ?

He's a supreme chatterbox and oftentimes comes off as very condescending. When he commentates for the WEC, his partner usually has to cut Mir off to even get a word in. You think Rogan gets giddy when the fight goes to the ground? Mir is like that constantly. In a way you have to respect how enthusiastic someone is about the sport, but dude should set a snooze alarm to remind him to STFU every 10 minutes.

He's a supreme chatterbox and oftentimes comes off as very condescending. When he commentates for the WEC, his partner usually has to cut Mir off to even get a word in. You think Rogan gets giddy when the fight goes to the ground? Mir is like that constantly. In a way you have to respect how enthusiastic someone is about the sport, but dude should set a snooze alarm to remind him to STFU every 10 minutes.

Ha, I havn't had the chance to listen to him speak a whole lot, but only seen him as a fighter...Does he have a bigger mouth than Sonnen ?

Ha, I havn't had the chance to listen to him speak a whole lot, but only seen him as a fighter...Does he have a bigger mouth than Sonnen ?

When it comes to trash talk he's more bitter and a lot less entertaining than Sonnen. Sonnen just seems like a natural **** talker while Mir tries to act like he has more tricks up his sleeve than a New York City pimp. He got a bit of heat for saying that he wanted Brock Lesnar to be the first death inside the octagon. But for me I don't have too much of a problem with his trash talking, it's his rambling while he commentates that gets annoying.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

x4O-eQm5uk4

"They kept trying to throw Kimbo in my face and I said, 'that's like wiping my ass.'"

:ols:

He also said something before this blog about Brock being Bobby Bouche from The Waterboy with the one tackle move. :ols: Edited by Patrick86L

Why does everyone hate Mir ?

I was maybe the biggest Frank Mir fan in this forum because I loved his comeback from the motorcycle crash. He rose from the ashes like a phoenix and really had an underdog quality about him after his loss to Brandon vera.

However, as soon as he was back on top he became so ego-driven that I couldn't stand it anymore. Dude is so full of himself I started calling him Frank the Wank.

So the short answer: big douche bag.

Diaz-Noons is on for the for Diaz's welterweight strap in October.

War Diaz!!!!!!!!!! Even some of his haters will be rooting for him in those one. Actually, King Douche will probably have some of his haters on his side too. Should be a good one.

Diaz-Noons is on for the for Diaz's welterweight strap in October.

War Diaz!!!!!!!!!! Even some of his haters will be rooting for him in those one. Actually, King Douche will probably have some of his haters on his side too. Should be a good one.

Yep:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/443041-strikeforce-confirms-nick-diazkj-noons-ii-for-october-9th

Diaz is going to choke Noons unconscious. I'm still up for the sig bet SU...maybe if you catch me when I'm fired up I'll agree to bet on something ridiculous :silly:

And on another topic, someone posted this over at sherdog :ols::ols::ols::

8w_q8qEgU88