Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Just watched the Strikeforce. Miesha Tate won the Women's 135 lb tourney, looks like she's rematching Sarah Kaufman. That should be a pretty good fight. It's good to see more exciting women fighters coming up.

I wonder if the UFC will ever add a women's division? Or at least add one via the WEC?

Randy Couture's son, Ryan Couture also won last night via triangle. It was his pro debut.

That's a classic vid but I have a question, did those guys both win, both lose or is it a draw? That **** is double-win in my book.

It went down as a No Contest.

But they should have ruled it Rocky-style, and based it on who hit the floor first with a slo-mo replay.

Edited by Mickalino

Good tourney. Joe Diesel Riggs is fighting now in the main event.
Just watched the Strikeforce. Miesha Tate won the Women's 135 lb tourney, looks like she's rematching Sarah Kaufman. That should be a pretty good fight. It's good to see more exciting women fighters coming up.

So Riggs lost to Miesha Tate in the finals?

I wonder what he'll come out and say?

the baseball excuse: "i only used them to recover from injuries"

on a sidenote, Jens Pulver got choked out by some non-descript fighter in a shade over 1 minute last night. dude needs to retire, but probably won't because he needs the money

Edited by StillUnknown

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/8/15/1624314/rodrigo-nogueira-is-out-of-his-ufc#comments

Rodrigo Nogueira is out of his UFC 119 fight with Frank Mir after suffering an injury in training, a Brazilian source tells Fighters Only.

The nature of the injury was not disclosed but the source says it will require surgery. Nogueira is said to be "incredibly frustrated" by it and expects to be out until the New Year.

The fight with Mir was to headline UFC 119 and was a rematch of their meeting, which saw Nogueira stopped for the first time in his professional career.

Fighters Only has also been told the UFC has already secured a replacement and it will be "a really big name opponent", although the source we spoke to did not provide a name.

the baseball excuse: "i only used them to recover from injuries"

on a sidenote, Jens Pulver got choked out by some non-descript fighter in a shade over 1 minute last night. dude needs to retire, but probably won't because he needs the money

Pulver's lost 8 of his last 9, he's beyond done and never really had much more than a big left hand and a decision win o er BJ that was avenged.

I actually like the Cro Cop matchup better than the Nog rematch.

I actually like the Cro Cop matchup better than the Nog rematch.

I can't find the post but when Mir-Nog 2 was announced, I complained about it being a useless matchup and mentioned I'd much rather see Mir-CroCop. I get my wish!

I'd have to go with Mir winning this one with a more varied arsenal but I hope Mirko kicks Frank Wank into dreamland.

I can't find the post but when Mir-Nog 2 was announced, I complained about it being a useless matchup and mentioned I'd much rather see Mir-CroCop. I get my wish!

I'd have to go with Mir winning this one with a more varied arsenal but I hope Mirko kicks Frank Wank into dreamland.

:cheers:

I'm glad your wish came to fruition because I'm definitely more excited for Cro Cop/Mir. Plus it means that Cro Cop isn't ready to retire just yet.

I'll probably pick Mir myself, but I agree, I'd love to see his head get kicked onto Mike Goldberg's table.

I almost forgot about WEC tomorrow night. Pretty good card:

MAIN CARD

• Champ Dominick Cruz vs. Joseph Benavidez (for bantamweight title)
  • Anthony Pettis vs. Shane Roller
  • Chad Mendes vs. Cub Swanson
  • Scott Jorgensen vs. Brad Pickett
  • Zach Micklewright vs. Bart Palaszewski

PRELIMINARY CARD

• Mackens Semerzier vs. Javier Vazquez
  • Maciej Jewtuszko vs. Anthony Njokuani
  • Dave Jansen vs. Ricardo Lamas
  • Bryan Caraway vs. Fredson Paixao
  • Danny Castillo vs. Dustin Poirier

Then Bellator on Thursday night and Strikeforce on Saturday night...

Edit: And I agree about Mir/Cro Cop. I am excited about this matchup more than Big Nog again, and will definitely be rooting for Mirko. But unfortunately, I think Mir should win.

Edited by lovetoaster

I like Cubby. However, I can't help but wonder in what humiliating way he'll lose in the first minute. Dude has suffered some embarrassing 1st round losses.

I don't think we will ever see the double flying knee again though. I think I will just start calling that the Aldo. Especially when each knee opens up a cut.

jose_aldo_swanson_display_image.jpg?1275974084

Edited by lovetoaster

WEC 50 picks:

I'll take the two-time All American Chad Mendes by decision over Cub Swanson, and the three-time All American Shane Roller by G&P over the striker Anthony Pettis.

For the main event I think Benavides will give a great effort but won't be able to catch up to Cruz for the most part. Cruz stays hella-busy and cuts angles very quickly. Benavides will cut him off here and there, but I believe Cruz will pick Joe apart with his leg kicks and reach advantage. Unanimous, Cruz.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

WEC 50 picks:

I'll take the two-time All American Chad Mendes by decision over Cub Swanson, and the three-time All American Shane Roller by G&P over the striker Anthony Pettis.

For the main event I think Benavides will give a great effort but won't be able to catch up to Cruz for the most part. Cruz stays hella-busy and cuts angles very quickly. Benavides will cut him off here and there, but I believe Cruz will pick Joe apart with his leg kicks and reach advantage. Unanimous, Cruz.

man that Cruz/Benavidez match will have to be seen in slow motion just to follow the action, both of those dudes are perpetual motion

Cruz wins because of his length and the fact that he had a wrestling advantage in the first fight. Cruz doesn't have much power though, so unless Benavidez catches him with a sub, its going all 5 rounds.

I would like to see Pettis win, but his takedown defense is suspect. he's pretty good off his back though so he could catch a submission, but I think Roller holds out for a decision

Cub will get guillotined before the end of round 1