Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Strikeforce picks tonight:

King Mo over Feijao: they both have one shot kill power in the strikes, feijao's game is a bit more diverse though. King Mo can Feijao down at will though and King Mo has a great fighting mind to stay out of danger zones. listening to him give interviews, you can tell he watches a ridiculous amount of film on fighters. Feijao will gas after round 2 and Mo will finish him with ground n pound in round 3

Jacare over Tim Kennedy: Kennedy is big for 185 and well rounded. Jacare resides on a different planet than most when it comes to jiu-jitsu, but unlike other converts, he actually knows how to get a fight to the ground. Standing neither is anything special, although Kennedy has more power in his strikes. It wouldn't shock me if Kennedy won, but i can't see him keeping this standing for 5 rounds, eventually Jacare will get the takedown and submit him.

Noons over Gurgel: Gurgel only uses his blackbelt to keep his pants from falling down. As such, he will stupidly stand with Noons and get battered for 3 rounds before losing a decision.

Lashley over Griggs: Lashely needs to be fighting better dudes than this at this point

Picks tonight:

Lashley vs. Griggs: Griggs is a beast at destroying cans. He's fought one person since 2007, and the guy was 0-0. Lashley by choke slam and figure four.

KJ vs. Gurgel: Root for KJ so he has to fight Cheech Diaz sooner rather than never. Noons by destiny.

Jacare vs. Kennedy: Both have underrated striking, but I think Kennedy has this unless he gets tied up. Kennedy is up on the score cards when Jacare pockets the fight with an armbar in the 3rd.

King Mo vs. Feijao: I love Mo's seemingly timid stance. He looks uncomfortable, but then actually throws some really impressive stuff. He's just an odd, polite-but-street fellow. It translates to his striking game. I think he controls a few rounds with his wrestling and actually surprises us with a TKO while standing in the fourth. Mo, TKO, round 4.

Quick Picks:

King Mo over Feijao:

Mo will survive the early onslaught of strikes and grind out a decision with his wrestling.

Jacare over Kennedy:

Kennedy is good on the ground but Jacare is one of the best BJJ guys in the world and unlike some guys, his game translates very well to MMA. I think Kennedy could get a lucky KO, but I don't see it happening. Jacare by Sub round 3.

Gurgel by flying heel hook, 3 seconds into the first round.

Lashley by atomic leg drop.