Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I just finished finished listening to the Sherdog interview of Josh Barnett and they asked him about Anthony Johnson saying that he dominated Barnett on the floor in training and Barnett just RIPPED his ass apart on the radio.

He called him a ***** & a moron and said that Johnson came in fresh during the iron man phase of training after Josh had sparred with a bunch of other guys immediately beforehand and said that he suplexed Johnson on his head and chased him around the mat. He said Johnson got a lucky takedown on him and then wouldn't spar anymore.

He even threw in something about Johnson being 200 lbs and fighting 170 lb guys because he likes to pick on small guys.

Never heard anyone but Tito Ortiz talk that much smack about someone to the media :laugh:

not to sound like a n00b, but is anthony johnson the guy who just lost because he got poked in the eye?

Yeah, and I forgot to throw in that Barnett said that he needs to practice "eye gouging defense" before his next bout...Barnett reminds me of a combination of Rampage and Tito Ortiz with how funny he is and how he's talking smack

WEC card on Sunday night 9pm:

Main Card Bouts:

-Carlos Condit (#9 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Hiromitsu Miura (Welterweight Title Fight)

-Jamie Varner vs. Marcus Hicks (Lightweight Title Fight)

-Brian Stann vs. Steve Cantwell (Light Heavyweight Title Fight)

-Brian Bowles vs. Damacio Page

-Micah Miller vs. Josh Grispi

Preliminary Bouts:

-Brock Larson vs. Carlo Prater

-Blas Avena Vs. Dave Terrel

-Kenji Osawa vs. Scott Jorgensen

-Greg McIntyre vs. Mike Budnik

-Todd Moore vs. Shane Roller

even when they don't have big names on the card, WEC tends to put on great fights.

i'll catch the replay at 12:30, since the first airing interferes with the HOF game.

quick predictions for tonights WEC Card:

Carlos Condit vs. Hiromitsu Miura: Condit by Submission, 2nd Round

Jamie Varner vs. Marcus Hicks: Hicks by TKO, 3rd Round

Brian Stann vs. Steve Cantwell: Stann by KO, 1st Round

Brian Bowles vs. Damacio Page: Bowles by KO, 2nd Round

Micah Miller vs. Josh Grispi: Miller by Unanimous Decision

quick predictions for tonights WEC Card:

Carlos Condit vs. Hiromitsu Miura: Condit by Submission, 2nd Round

Jamie Varner vs. Marcus Hicks: Hicks by TKO, 3rd Round

Brian Stann vs. Steve Cantwell: Stann by KO, 1st Round

Brian Bowles vs. Damacio Page: Bowles by KO, 2nd Round

Micah Miller vs. Josh Grispi: Miller by Unanimous Decision

Hate to be boring but I agree with all of your picks. The only fight that I could see going another way woule be Varner/Hicks, I could see Varner KOing Hicks but I can't stand Varner so I hope to god he loses his belt.

On another note, 3 belts on the line tonight!!!! LHW, WW & LW.

WEC was awesome again last night.

Can't wait for their next show.

Can you believe at one point (just a few years ago) people were saying that the LW class and below had no chance of becoming popular with the fans?

The lighter weight classes are almost always guaranteed to be exciting and the LW class itself is by far the deepest along with LHW and maybe WW.

Can you believe at one point (just a few years ago) people were saying that the LW class and below had no chance of becoming popular with the fans?

The lighter weight classes are almost always guaranteed to be exciting and the LW class itself is by far the deepest along with LHW and maybe WW.

Hard to believe only a few years ago the only place you could see anyone under 170 was Japan.

I hope the rumor that the WEC will soon only feature lighter fighters is true. I could watch a full three hour event of 155 and under.

How tough was Hicks last night? That was worse than Alexander-Jardine. I was worried about him at one point.

Fedor-Arlovski is off. Fedor may have another right hand injury.

Barnett-Arlovski is on!!!! :kungfu:

October 11 at the next Affliction. It is on all the usual sites.

I personally like the matchup better, but it is a blow to Affliction as a lot of people want to get a glimpse of Fedor.

They might get a little bump though from signing Tito, assuming that happens. I think he is pretty close to done though.

Hard to believe only a few years ago the only place you could see anyone under 170 was Japan.

I hope the rumor that the WEC will soon only feature lighter fighters is true. I could watch a full three hour event of 155 and under.

How tough was Hicks last night? That was worse than Alexander-Jardine. I was worried about him at one point.

Personally I think WEC would be better off as LW and below. Their best WWs, MWs & LHWs (not many) should be shipped to the UFC.:2cents:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/mma_experts/post/Is-Huerta-ready-to-leave-UFC-?urn=mma,98022

FiveOuncesofPain.com points out that 'El Matador' took it up a notch in a conversation with Fight! Magazine:

Huerta’s disillusionment with the UFC began when he did press tours for his employer in Miami, Houston, Los Angeles, and London and received a $50 per diem for his troubles. Zuffa does not treat its contracted fighters with sufficient loyalty or respect. He rails against a Fortune 500 company for offering a deal to build him as a spokesman that included unpaid work. "Are you serious?" Huerta ask. "I know Dale Earnhardt Jr isn’t doing appearances for free."

Huerta laid down the gauntlet later in the convo with Fight! Magazine's Neil Taflinger:

"The truth is, I don’t really care if I fight in the UFC or somewhere else," Huerta says. "For a company that is as loyal to me as I am to them."

it'll be interesting to see if they work something out. Huerta only has 2 fights left on his contract, and Dana doesn't give title shots to fighters on the last fight of their contract. If they don't work out a deal, it could be awhile before Huerta gets a title shot

The condit fight was so good. Those Judo throws were awesome. I thought Miura had it there for a bit, but Condit would do something at the last minute to keep the fight going. Great knee though, right to the side of his head.

Thought the whole card was good. Was hoping Stann would win, but he gassed too quickly.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/mma_experts/post/Is-Huerta-ready-to-leave-UFC-?urn=mma,98022

it'll be interesting to see if they work something out. Huerta only has 2 fights left on his contract, and Dana doesn't give title shots to fighters on the last fight of their contract. If they don't work out a deal, it could be awhile before Huerta gets a title shot

[/indent][/indent]

I'm going to be pissed if he doesn't get a title shot. If/when he beats K Flo, he needs to be fighting BJ Penn next.

Otherwise I wouldn't mind seeing him fight in Dream.

The condit fight was so good. Those Judo throws were awesome. I thought Miura had it there for a bit, but Condit would do something at the last minute to keep the fight going. Great knee though, right to the side of his head.

Thought the whole card was good. Was hoping Stann would win, but he gassed too quickly.

i don't think him gassing was as important as him just not having much technique. Stann is pretty one-dimensional, he's a powerful puncher thats about it. Cantwell kept it standing and beat him with technique

i don't think him gassing was as important as him just not having much technique. Stann is pretty one-dimensional, he's a powerful puncher thats about it. Cantwell kept it standing and beat him with technique

I agree with this too. He needs to learn to throw kicks and his ground game is almost non-existent other than laying on top and throwing random punches in guard (I hate that about wrestlers, takes them a long time to learn to pass guard and get favorable position).

He beat Cantwell last time with a good punch, and didn't get it this time.

That was a great fight. I was pulling for Condit, but that was such a great fight that as it reached the later rounds, I did not even care who won. They left it all out there.

A good judo throw is a thing of beauty.

That was a great fight. I was pulling for Condit, but that was such a great fight that as it reached the later rounds, I did not even care who won. They left it all out there.

A good judo throw is a thing of beauty.

Yoshida vs. Karo at UFC 88 should be a good one if you like Judo throws