Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Wasn't able to watch the WEC card until last night but man was it a good one. Great fights all around IMO.

Good to see Stann finally get beat, manhandled actually. I've never been a huge fan of his anyway so it was especially nice. Not taking anything away from the dudes power but IMO he telegraphs everything he's going to do. As soon as he's about to launch one of those rights his feet stop completely and he throws the exact same combo. I told my nephew before the fight that he drops his guard everytime he throws a punch and it caught up with him in the end.

The Condit fight was arguably one of the best fights so far this year. Little biased IMO though. Did anyone else notice how anytime Miro got on top he was told to fight or get stood up? Even when he was working elbows and doing damage the ref threatened to stand him up and even did so on one occassion. WTF? Seems the WEC had an agenda and Condit winning was part of it. I dunno, but I was getting really frustrated with the way the ref was handling that fight.

I agree, I think it'll be a good match up. I'm not too keen on either fighter, but it should be fun to watch.

That's going to be a war IMO. I have to give the edge to Griffin though because he has the wrestling to not get thrown around by Sherk and his striking is much better.

The Condit fight was arguably one of the best fights so far this year. Little biased IMO though. Did anyone else notice how anytime Miro got on top he was told to fight or get stood up? Even when he was working elbows and doing damage the ref threatened to stand him up and even did so on one occassion. WTF? Seems the WEC had an agenda and Condit winning was part of it. I dunno, but I was getting really frustrated with the way the ref was handling that fight.

i didn't make too much of it at first, but when i watched the fight a 2nd time, the stand-ups were definitely suspect

anyone up for a sig bet for UFC 87, i'm taking "I Finish Fights", Lesnar, & GSP in the main fights. i'll sig bet on any of three

anyone up for a sig bet for UFC 87, i'm taking "I Finish Fights", Lesnar, & GSP in the main fights. i'll sig bet on any of three

I would, but I like all of those too, lol. I love Ken Flo. I don't see heath out punching Lesnar, and as much as I like Fitch, GSP should win.

i didn't make too much of it at first, but when i watched the fight a 2nd time, the stand-ups were definitely suspect

Didn't say they were the best fighters, it was one hell of a fight though.

Also, anyone else feel that putting multiple belts on the line on one card is much more exciting than watching UFC's watered down cards?

curse you for going against the man who finishes fights:laugh:

2 weeks good enough for the bet?

:laugh: Hey man, I love me some K Flo but I think el Matador's the better fighter at this point...who was it that hated K Flo? Chachie or Hermmag? Whoever it is will be pissed that I beat them on betting against him...2 weeks sounds fine

Also, anyone else feel that putting multiple belts on the line on one card is much more exciting than watching UFC's watered down cards?

My gripe is that the UFC has a lot of good non-title fights that I would like to see go 5 rounds...I would've loved to see Chuck/Wanderlei go two more rounds. I think they should apply the 5-round rule to big non-title fights like that as long as the fighters agree.

:laugh: Hey man, I love me some K Flo but I think el Matador's the better fighter at this point...who was it that hated K Flo? Chachie or Hermmag? Whoever it is will be pissed that I beat them on betting against him...2 weeks sounds fine

It wasn't me. I like Florian just fine. I took Huerta in my sig bet with SkinsOrlando because he chose KenFlo first. Poor 'Lando. He'll never learn. :)

I took Huerta in my sig bet with SkinsOrlando because he chose KenFlo first. Poor 'Lando. He'll never learn. :)

:laugh:

How long have you owned his sig now?

Oh yeah, everyone check out these two funny pics of Cro Cop I found:

Not even sure if this one is real lol:

CroCop.jpg

And he looks oddly out of place on this one:

crocopbike.jpg

My gripe is that the UFC has a lot of good non-title fights that I would like to see go 5 rounds...I would've loved to see Chuck/Wanderlei go two more rounds. I think they should apply the 5-round rule to big non-title fights like that as long as the fighters agree.

Agreed, I've never understood the reasoning behind that anyway. I mean, I know you don't want every fight to go five rounds due to time constraints but "champion" caliber guys or top five guys should go the five IMO. Maybe they should look at fighters who are fighting for a chance at the belt going 5. If you can't go five you shouldn't be allowed to go for the belt anyway IMO.

Still, these watered down cards the UFC keeps throwing out there are pretty F'ing annoying. Especially the ones that don't even have a belt on the line. It really sucks for suckers like me who hate to miss a PPV. Dana puts just enough bait on the hook to keep idiots like me coming back for more. I guess it's good business but sooner or later suckers like me are going to get tired of it and stop paying.

Matter of fact, I'm not buyin this next one; GSP will win and Brock isn't enough of a circus freak for me to tune in. Definitely not worth the $$, I think Dana is hoping to cash in on the WWF crowd.

Matter of fact, I'm not buyin this next one; GSP will win and Brock isn't enough of a circus freak for me to tune in. Definitely not worth the $$, I think Dana is hoping to cash in on the WWF crowd.

I am actually more excited about this one and the next than I have been in a while. I am fired up for the top three fights on this card and pretty much every fight next month.

I see your point though.

I am actually more excited about this one and the next than I have been in a while. I am fired up for the top three fights on this card and pretty much every fight next month.

I see your point though.

I agree. I pretty much agree with ZoEd's point about these watered-down PPVs (UFC 85 ahem)but I'm like you as far as looking forward to the top 3 fights.

:laugh:

How long have you owned his sig now?

Over a year I believe. :)

As for the recent comments about UFC's cards not being as "sensational" as Affliction:

I think the UFC is doing fine. They have a TON of fighters now and it's not easy to make every matchup an epic one. Affliction has about 10 fighters. As soon as they exhaust their matchups they will be hurting for new blood. The "unexciting" names you see on UFC undercards now are the future of MMA and one day those guys will be the marquis names. Let's not forget that WEC is Dana's farm league as well.

Over a year I believe. :)

As for the recent comments about UFC's cards not being as "sensational" as Affliction:

I think the UFC is doing fine. They have a TON of fighters now and it's not easy to make every matchup an epic one. Affliction has about 10 fighters. As soon as they exhaust their matchups they will be hurting for new blood. The "unexciting" names you see on UFC undercards now are the future of MMA and one day those guys will be the marquis names. Let's not forget that WEC is Dana's farm league as well.

Don't get me wrong I love watching the up and comers. It doesn't matter to me as long as it's a good fight. My biggest ***** is the "one belt" nights with nothing on the line for most of the under cards. The WEC card the other night was exciting for me; three belts on the line and all were pretty decent bouts. Dana just tries to spread it out for the $$ and I admit that's business saavy but sooner or later people are going to get sick of Dana's bull****. I guess I already am, he's just a douchebag.

To caveat on that, Dana and the Fritata's (sp) have done big things for the sport but Dana is as shady as they come. Here's a few

Disbanding PRIDE after promising the owners they weren't going to.

Banning certain fighters from the UFC because Dana doesn't like them; Matt Lindland. Put the best freaking fighters in ring and get over your freaking ego.

Stabbing Couture in the back.

Not signing Fedor because he wanted to "own" him.

Treating Arlovski the way he did.

Treating Tito the way he did.

Is that enough? Dana has an ego and needs to get over himself or the big names are going to start going elsewhere.

Banning certain fighters from the UFC because Dana doesn't like them; Matt Lindland. Put the best freaking fighters in ring and get over your freaking ego.

Is that enough? Dana has an ego and needs to get over himself or the big names are going to start going elsewhere.

No arguments from me on these points and yes, they are enough for many folks. It's no coincidence either that all the names you mentioned make up most of the MMA "still-fighting HOF" of the old guard that built the sport and that won't sit well with fans.

I will offer though that these men will not be fighting in 2-4 years. Couture wants ONE fight. He was honestly going to sit on that belt until Fedor got ready to climb into a cage, which Fedor shows NO sign of wanting to do. I don't think he likes fence. Tito Ortiz is just trying to finance Jenna Jamison. They are legends but they are deep in the back 9. Dana White has to keep the UFC on top so he's got to worry about Anderson and Wandy Silva, Forrest Griffin, Chuck Liddell, Shogun Rua, Rampage Jackson and a host of exciting young fighters who will be selling PPV in 5+ years.

Look at Vince McMahon. All his fighters love him when they are getting the checks and hate him when they're not. He's an a'hole but he's still got the best thing going in that game. He doesn't bow down to the demands of the performers and he doesn't put them before the game. I see Dana the same way.

As a fan of MMA I'm right with you. If they made me the president of the UFC I'm not sure I'd have been able to do things a whole lot differently though. Maybe Dana should have gotten some more help. The organization grew so fast when he took it over. It must be an octopus for any man to wrestle. He's broken some eggs but I love the UFC omelet.

No arguments from me on these points and yes, they are enough for many folks. It's no coincidence either that all the names you mentioned make up most of the MMA "still-fighting HOF" of the old guard that built the sport and that won't sit well with fans.

I will offer though that these men will not be fighting in 2-4 years. Couture wants ONE fight. He was honestly going to sit on that belt until Fedor got ready to climb into a cage, which Fedor shows NO sign of wanting to do. I don't think he likes fence. Tito Ortiz is just trying to finance Jenna Jamison. They are legends but they are deep in the back 9. Dana White has to keep the UFC on top so he's got to worry about Anderson and Wandy Silva, Forrest Griffin, Chuck Liddell, Shogun Rua, Rampage Jackson and a host of exciting young fighters who will be selling PPV in 5+ years.

Look at Vince McMahon. All his fighters love him when they are getting the checks and hate him when they're not. He's an a'hole but he's still got the best thing going in that game. He doesn't bow down to the demands of the performers and he doesn't put them before the game. I see Dana the same way.

As a fan of MMA I'm right with you. If they made me the president of the UFC I'm not sure I'd have been able to do things a whole lot differently though. Maybe Dana should have gotten some more help. The organization grew so fast when he took it over. It must be an octopus for any man to wrestle. He's broken some eggs but I love the UFC omelet.

Fedor doesn't have a problem fighting in a cage, hell i think a cage would actually benefit Fedor's game. the only thing keeping him out of the UFC is Dana's unwillingness to let him compete in Sambo competitions.

Don't get me wrong I love watching the up and comers. It doesn't matter to me as long as it's a good fight. My biggest ***** is the "one belt" nights with nothing on the line for most of the under cards. The WEC card the other night was exciting for me; three belts on the line and all were pretty decent bouts. Dana just tries to spread it out for the $$ and I admit that's business saavy but sooner or later people are going to get sick of Dana's bull****. I guess I already am, he's just a douchebag.

To caveat on that, Dana and the Fritata's (sp) have done big things for the sport but Dana is as shady as they come. Here's a few

I believe Dana wanted to keep Pride going. He didn't realize how hard it is to do business in Japan. Especially with a compay that had mob ties and no tv deal.

Couture stabbed the UFC in the back. He was on the shelf a beaten man before Dana offered him a title shot. He should fight out his contract, but he probably knows Big Nog would beat him.

Tito is a douchebag. Not a good fighter anymore either. His ego since he started banging Jenna is bigger than her fake tata's.

Remember Tito agreeing to box Dana, and than backing out? That was BS.

Fedor got the biggest offer the UFC has ever given. I believe it was a million per fight. I agree that Dana should have let Fedor do his Sambo thing, but his management was also demanding a stake in the UFC going to Russia, and that other fighters from his camp got contracts.

I believe Dana wanted to keep Pride going. He didn't realize how hard it is to do business in Japan. Especially with a compay that had mob ties and no tv deal.

Couture stabbed the UFC in the back. He was on the shelf a beaten man before Dana offered him a title shot. He should fight out his contract, but he probably knows Big Nog would beat him.

Tito is a douchebag. Not a good fighter anymore either. His ego since he started banging Jenna is bigger than her fake tata's.

Remember Tito agreeing to box Dana, and than backing out? That was BS.

Fedor got the biggest offer the UFC has ever given. I believe it was a million per fight. I agree that Dana should have let Fedor do his Sambo thing, but his management was also demanding a stake in the UFC going to Russia, and that other fighters from his camp got contracts.

According to the lawsuit the old owners of Pride have against the UFC that's not the case. Dana and the boys promised to keep it going and that's the reason they sold it to the UFC instead of to investors offering more money.

I don't think Randy stabbed the UFC in the back at all. He found out from friends, probably Chuck, that fighters were making more money than him to fight. Dana still maintains that Randy was "one of" the highest paid fighters in the UFC. Randy claims that Dana was and still is giving fighters more on the backside via % of PPV, marketing and advertising than he was getting. Randy was a pioneer in this sport and was still drawing huge numbers for the UFC and IMO he should have been paid hansomely for it. You think Rich Franklin or Forrest should make more than Randy in a fight? It's no different than NFL players signing a contract and asking for more when some punk ass rookie gets a big payday. No way in hell anyone, except for maybe Chuck, should be making more money per fight than Randy.

I agree with you about Tito, he's not what he used to be but that doesn't give Dana the right to turn his back on him the way he did. Dana seems to be the type to use a brother up and when his talent starts to dwindle toss him aside. His ego is out of control and I think seeing Big John retiring just to move over to Affliction is very telling; moreso than all the whining from washed up fighters and outcasts. A lot of the old school guys are starting to go elsewhere for their fix and I think there has to be more of a reason for that than just for the hell of it. Don't you think?

Fedor, all I heard was Dana wouldn't allow him to compete in anything except the UFC. Dana does that with all his fighters, he wants to own them. I agree it's smart to protect your investment but come on, it's grappling. Yea you could break a limb or hurt something but you can do that in training camp as well. Dana just likes to be a control freak.

I don't think Randy stabbed the UFC in the back at all. He found out from friends, probably Chuck, that fighters were making more money than him to fight. Dana still maintains that Randy was "one of" the highest paid fighters in the UFC. Randy claims that Dana was and still is giving fighters more on the backside via % of PPV, marketing and advertising than he was getting. Randy was a pioneer in this sport and was still drawing huge numbers for the UFC and IMO he should have been paid hansomely for it. You think Rich Franklin or Forrest should make more than Randy in a fight? It's no different than NFL players signing a contract and asking for more when some punk ass rookie gets a big payday. No way in hell anyone, except for maybe Chuck, should be making more money per fight than Randy.

i think both Randy & Dana are equally responsible for their entire situation. Obviously Randy should've been making more, but at the end of the day, he signed the contract himself. Dana gave him a gift title shot that he didn't deserve, and he's essentially ducking Nog, who i think win a fight against Couture. I can understand him wanting to fight the best in the world, but he should clear out his own company before demanding fights with fighters from other promotions.