Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Alvarez-Kawajiri was unbelievable. Alvarez impresses me more every time he fights.

Aoki will ave his hands full in the final. Something tells me that Aoki pulls out a decision win though. I see a lot of guard pulling by Aoki coming up.

Eddie Alvarez out of the finals due to a cut under his eye. Joachim Hansen will take his place in the finals against Aoki

Thats sucks. I might actually go to bed now after the Overeem-Hunt fight.

Hansen-Aoki should be great, but this is disappointing. I'll catch the final in the morning now.

Alvarez was in the ring explaining the situation, his eye is completely shut and just all different shades of blue & purple. i can't fault the doctors for not letting him fight.

he'll definitely get the first shot against whoever wins the final, he damn sure deserves it.

I'm late on the Affliction/UFC FN talk but damn is there any question about Fedor/Anderson's status as the best P4P fighters in the world?

These guys absolutely destroyed their competition. I expected Anderson to whip James Irvin's ass but not that ****ing quick!

And I thought Fedor would take Timmy into round 2 or 3 and rip his arm off eventually but he just exploded on him.

Can we stop the "Fedor hasn't fought a good HW in 3 years" talk now?

And for the record I think Fedor will destroy Randy if they fight this year and Anderson needs to move up in weight.

question for the people of the thread:

after Saturday's fights, who do you have as best pound 4 pound, Fedor or Anderson Silva?

Fedor, no question about it.

1) Silva beat who? Irvin, Irwin whatever his name is, has heavy hands but come on. He isn't even close to being in the top 10 205 pounders out there.

2) Silva's move to 205 wasn't as big of a deal as UFC wants people to believe and just because the UFC touts him as the best P4P doesn't mean it's true. Of course Dana wants you to believe it but until he steps in the ring against the best he can't be the best. Dana needs a champion and has a damn good one but ruling the 185 pound weight class and beating one mediocre 205 pounder just doesn't do it for me. Maybe I'm just hating because the UFC and Dana White are shoving him down our throats. I respect his talent but still think Fedor is the best fighter in the world.

3) Fedor handed a big, big man who has held the HW belt twice his ass in only 36 seconds. Arlovski whooped Silvia that bad once but it's been a while since the big man has been beaten that easily.

4) Fedor's record should speak for itself. Problem with Fedor is he isn't flashy like the guys Dana wants to put in the ring. Dana could give a rats ass who the best fighters are, he wants the best show. I feel the more people become familiar with MMA the more transparent Dana's tactics will become. He's the Vince McMahon of MMA and unfortunately people are buying it. What's up with all the PPV's? Why can't we have more than one belt on the line in a night? Why have PPV's where no belts are involved, wouldn't it make more sense to beef up another card with those fights? Dana is a money grubbing biatch. I think my hate for him is apparent by now.

Dana was trying to steal PPV from Affliction, it was a gimmick and I don't think it worked. Joe Rogan even said during the fight "it doesn't matter if you win in the UFC, if you lose but put on a good show you'll get rewarded". I have beef with this. Dana is putting on a show instead of putting the best fighters in the ring. Is this MMA or WWF? I think he had good balance before but he's getting greedy. I think it's obvious that the die hards are jumping ship, Big John, Silvia, Arlovski, soon to be Couture and who knows who else will jump next?

I think Spider is a bad man but not the P4P best, not after seeing Fedor beat Silva so easily. Arlovski is still better than most the HW in the UFC but Dana kept jerking him around. Anyway, Silva has a little more to go IMO to be the "undisputed" P4P in the world. Too many tough guys he has to fight before holding that honor. A win over GSP and one of the top tier LHW's and he'll be pretty damn close but not if Fedor hands a few more guys their asses in the meantime. I dunno, I think Spider being the poster child for Dana White and the UFC has me a little biased. :2cents:

question for the people of the thread:

after Saturday's fights, who do you have as best pound 4 pound, Fedor or Anderson Silva?

Fedor is still King. Despite Silva's pinpoint striking, amazing clinch, and more than adequate ground game, Fedor is just inhuman. He'll knock you out with a lazy uppercut, wrestle your ass to the mat (unmatched sambo skills), or sub you. It's definitely very close. Unfortunately, there's no way we'll ever see these two guys battle. :(

Who's victory was most impressive: Fedor's or Silva's?

Silva moved up in weight and knocked out a naturally heavier Irvin in impressive fashion.

Fedor beat Sylvia faster than anyone has, and in impressive fashion. However, he fought Sylvia in a ring where Tim is not accustomed to fighting, and Fedor did not move up or change weight.

In addition, Fedor's been taking it easy as of late, whereas Silva seems to want to set a record for fights in a year.....

It's a toss up to me, as I can't decide. Fedor's win strictly on how it was done is more impressive to me, as he destroyed a previously top 5 HW. But the fact that Silva moved up in weight and has been continuously fighting also impresses me.

Fedor is still King. Despite Silva's pinpoint striking, amazing clinch, and more than adequate ground game, Fedor is just inhuman. He'll knock you out with a lazy uppercut, wrestle your ass to the mat (unmatched sambo skills), or sub you. It's definitely very close. Unfortunately, there's no way we'll ever see these two guys battle. :(

Who's victory was most impressive: Fedor's or Silva's?

Silva moved up in weight and knocked out a naturally heavier Irvin in impressive fashion.

Fedor beat Sylvia faster than anyone has, and in impressive fashion. However, he fought Sylvia in a ring where Tim is not accustomed to fighting, and Fedor did not move up or change weight.

In addition, Fedor's been taking it easy as of late, whereas Silva seems to want to set a record for fights in a year.....

It's a toss up to me, as I can't decide. Fedor's win strictly on how it was done is more impressive to me, as he destroyed a previously top 5 HW. But the fact that Silva moved up in weight and has been continuously fighting also impresses me.

Fedor has been taking it easy because Pride was bought out and Dana was too much of a douchebag to allow him to compete in Sambo while fighting in the UFC. Dana missed the boat on this one; he had the opportunity to put Fedor and Randy in the ring together and put to rest who the best HW in the world is. Dana had an opportunity to possibly match up Fedor with talented fighters but F'd it in the "A", what is this about anyway? The fighters or Dana White and his power trip. They're fighters not property but Dana treats them like they're his little minions to control. I'm telling you, it's only a matter of time before the true talent in MMA takes a stand and jumps ship or puts Dana's punk ass in his place. The writing is on the wall IMO.

As for Silva moving up in weight, still not impressed. He moved up in weight and beat a guy he probably, actually no, he would have beat him at 185. Look how easy it was for Roy Jones to move up in weight, he slowed down but still had enough fleetness in his footwork to avoid being hit. I don't think it's too far of a stretch for Silva to fight at 205, he actually probably had to put on a few pounds. Did you see him in the pre fight wearing a weighted vest to teach how to move with the additional weight. If he was cutting to get to 205 why add the weight, why not just train at his normal weight? You couldn't even tell he was heavier. Honestly, don't you think with his size that 205 is a more natural weight for him?

Bottom line, IMO if he fights a 205 pound guy like Machida and wins I'll be impressed. Hell, if he fights Hendo at 205 I'd be impressed. Hendo should have had a warm up fight at 185 before fighting Silva. I think if Hendo has been training at the lower weight he'd be a much better match up right now at 185 than Franklin III. Point is, Silva has to do more than just beat a top 20 guy at 205 and hold down the 185 to be the best P4P in the world. Fedor has been at the top for a long time. I think it's a slap in the face for Dana and his little biatch Joe Rogan to tout Silva as that guy. Ask the MMA guys who do this for a living and I bet the majority will say Fedor.

I actually have a question for all of you.

I was trying to decide who the top 5 p4p are in the world, and the first 4 were totally obvious.

GSP, BJ, Fedor and Silva. (In no particular order)

Im undecided about who I would put as that fifth best.

who would you guys put? Or what would your top 5 be in your disagree with my first four?

OH and to answer SU's question, I do not put Silva as #1.

Bottom line, IMO if he fights a 205 pound guy like Machida and wins I'll be impressed. Hell, if he fights Hendo at 205 I'd be impressed. Hendo should have had a warm up fight at 185 before fighting Silva. I think if Hendo has been training at the lower weight he'd be a much better match up right now at 185 than Franklin III. Point is, Silva has to do more than just beat a top 20 guy at 205 and hold down the 185 to be the best P4P in the world. Fedor has been at the top for a long time. I think it's a slap in the face for Dana and his little biatch Joe Rogan to tout Silva as that guy. Ask the MMA guys who do this for a living and I bet the majority will say Fedor.

hey zo,

first, I still think Hendo can beat him. If he stayed true to his game plan, he would have won. Instead, he did the exact same thing as the rampage fight. He got away from his game plan and lost.

Also, joe rogan has gone on record (outside of a UFC broadcast) saying that fedor is ranked #1 p4p.