Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I'll give you that, they're three outstanding fighters so you can't help but learn something from them. I'd be honored just to be in the same room with them let alone learn the game from them. Big Nog and Mir is going to be one hell of a fight.

honestly, i don't see Big Nog/Mir fight being that close. i think Nog will finish him somewhere in the late 1st or early 2nd. i can't think of one area where Mir has an advantage, but nothing is guaranteed.

Dustin Hazelett vs. Josh Burkman from the TUF finale card (hazelett won sub of the night):

2ldd0qu.jpg

You are wrong here. It will work. It won;t stop hardcore fans from getting Affliction, but it will take a lot of numbers away from them.

Remember how big Pride was with hardcore fans and they bombed on PPV.

I'm going to stream Affliction and DVR UFC.

I'm thinking that if I don't buy the next two Affliction ppvs at $40 a pop I'd have enough to buy one of their $80 premium t-shirts ( :laugh: I have to laugh every time I think of a "premium" t-shirt). I'd still have to scape up some change for shipping though.

We'll see what happens but the UFC have a LONG way to go to match the Affliction card. It's already the best card (on paper at least) of the year.

And please come and run me over with your car if I ever pay $80 for a t-shirt.:laugh:

I'm looking for a good weight loss supp so I'll check the Ripped Fuel 5X out. I used to live off rip fuel before they took the Ephedrine out. Funny thing is I'm in the middle of moving and came across three bottles of ephedrine the other day. I'm so tempted to use the stuff but I have a feeling they test for the stuff in the military. Maybe not epedrine specifically but meth which has ephedrine in it. Don't want to risk that crap so I guess I'll have to stick to the non-ephedrine having stuff. Damn that stuff was good though. Thanks for the info, I'll definitely check it out.

Oh, how many are you taking and are you building up a tolerance? I know with the old stuff you'd build up a tolerance pretty quick and would have to keep upping the dosage.

Saturday was a week on the Ripped Fuel and no tolerance yet. I take two a day; one before breakfast and one before lunch....the energy kick goes away after a few hours but the appetite supressant lasts all day which is what I need more than anything.

I always do high-intensity workouts in the gym even without supplements but you know that when you workout hard on a regular basis your body craves more carbs/calories and I have trouble cutting back carbs especially, and that's where the Ripped Fuel comes in...it allows me to reduce carbs and calories and not lose energy at the same time.

I've seen reviews of it on amazon.com where people give it average reviews but it's not a wonder pill, it's made to supplement your workout/eating plan and if you keep up your workouts and use it to control your diet you'll get some serious results...in other words it's not going to work for someone who takes it and remains sedentary/doesn't focus on their diet.

I can notice a difference already after a week and that's keeping me motivated.

I wish I could've gotten ahold of some of the old stuff before they took the ephedrine/ephedra out. A buddy of mine used the old Ripped Fuel formula and was all about it....I guess I should've tried it when I had a chance though.

By the way I'm stating it now Forrest beats Rampage. Round 2, cathes Rampage with hard leg kick followed by a straight punch to the jaw and finishes with G&P.

Alright Chachie, we on as usual?

Not this time, Bro. I'm a Forrest Griffin fan. (I love Rampage too so this one will be hard to watch.)

I will check the other matchups and see if there's a fight we can bet on though.

Edit- Jeez... I just checked the fight card and there's not another matchup in UFC 86 that I consider exciting enough to bet. :doh:

Well. Tyson Griffin is fighting on the PPV, which is always entertaining. Everything else looks like TUF castaways. OH WAIT!! I FORGOT! Jorge (aka George) Gurgel is fighting! :doh: Seriously, who's leg is he humping to still be in the UFC? I mean, aside from Franklin's?

Not this time, Bro. I'm a Forrest Griffin fan. (I love Rampage too so this one will be hard to watch.)

I will check the other matchups and see if there's a fight we can bet on though.

Edit- Jeez... I just checked the fight card and there's not another matchup in UFC 86 that I consider exciting enough to bet. :doh:

Then we go betless, no biggie. There will be other oppurtunities to keep my losing streak alive. :laugh:

We'll see what happens but the UFC have a LONG way to go to match the Affliction card. It's already the best card (on paper at least) of the year.

Let me play devil's advocate with the Affliction card here.

-Fedor Emelianenko (#1 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Tim Sylvia (#5 Heavyweight in the World)*

Great fight. Looking forward to it. I don't know anyone that will be betting on Tim, but I won't argue against this fight.

-Josh Barnett (#4 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Pedro Rizzo

Rizzo is done. I loved him when he was in the UFC, and I love Barnett, but if Barnett has trouble with Rizzo he may not be as good as I think he is (I think he can beat Fedor)

-Andre Arlovski (#6 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Ben Rothwell

Good fight. First real test for Rothwell. Probably going to be a boring fight though.

-Renato "Babalu" Sobral vs. Mike Whitehead

Decent fight.

-Matt Lindland vs. Fabio Negao

Linland vs. who?

Bouts Scheduled to Air on Fox Sports Net:

-Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (#8 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Vernon "Tiger" White

White is bad(26-32-2) and lil' Nog is overrated.

-Aleksander Emelianenko (#10 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Paul Buentello

As a Buentello fan I hope he pulls this one off, but more than likely he will getting KTFO

The card has a lot of names, and one super fight. All the bouts are pretty one-sdied as well. I believe everyone's picks will be:

Fedor

Barnett

Arlovski

Babalu

Lindland

Nog

Aleks

Please let me know what fights you pick differently.

-Fedor Emelianenko (#1 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Tim Sylvia (#5 Heavyweight in the World)*

Great fight. Looking forward to it. I don't know anyone that will be betting on Tim, but I won't argue against this fight.

Rizzo is done. I loved him when he was in the UFC, and I love Barnett, but if Barnett has trouble with Rizzo he may not be as good as I think he is (I think he can beat Fedor)

Good fight. First real test for Rothwell. Probably going to be a boring fight though.

Decent fight.

Linland vs. who?

-Antonio Rogerio Nogueira (#8 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Vernon "Tiger" White

As a Buentello fan I hope he pulls this one off, but more than likely he will getting KTFO

The card has a lot of names, and one super fight. All the bouts are pretty one-sdied as well. I believe everyone's picks will be:

Fedor

Barnett

Arlovski

Babalu

Lindland

Nog

Aleks

I think you are pretty much spot on here. I feel the same way about Barnett too, I hope he puts on a good performance. The only pick I *might* disagree with is Arlovski. I just have a feeling that Rothwell is going to win that one. It all depends on which Pitbull shows up I suppose, which will be interesting with the addition of Freddie Roach.

It just amazes me the lack of advertising that Affliction is doing. For what is, at worst a really good card, the only real advertising I have seen has been on MMA websites. Those people know about it with or without the advertising. They could pull in so many casual fans, but they just have not made enough people aware of it.

I just don't get it. It's like they already blew the budget on the fighters, so they can not afford any more advertising.

Decent fight.

Linland vs. who?

Fedor

Barnett

Arlovski

Babalu

Lindland

Nog

Aleks

How are you playing devil's advocate? By naming the favorites in every fight? Every card has favorites.

-The Fedor fight is significant because he hasn't fought a top-ten heavyweight since 2005...if you want to continue being considered the best fighter in the world, you have to keep fighting the best.

- Barnett has only lost to three fighters and this fight is an opportunity for him to erase an old blemish off his record (let's face it though, no one wants to see him fight Cro Cop a 4th time) and should put him next in line to fight Fedor IMO

-Why will Arlovski vs Rothwell be boring? Rothwell has earned this fight and it is a test for him, not sure why you wouldn't be excited to see it

Those three fights will be the main attractions for me...

-Babalu/Whitehead has potential to be a war

-Emelianenko/Buentuello has potential to be a war

-Vernon White sucks but it will be good to see lil' Nog back in the ring after losing to Sokoudjou last year

-Always fun to watch Vitor Belfort box (hopefully that fight gets shown)

And Megadeth are playing live HELLYEAHSMILEY.gif

It just amazes me the lack of advertising that Affliction is doing. For what is, at worst a really good card, the only real advertising I have seen has been on MMA websites. Those people know about it with or without the advertising. They could pull in so many casual fans, but they just have not made enough people aware of it.

They had a full page ad in a local San Diego entertainment mag (The Reader). It is a giant picture of Megadeath on it. :doh:

You never think about it until times like these, but one of the things the UFC does is advertise for itself very well. MMA promoters can't really on putting together a good show and waiting for the media to cover it. They have to get it covered. Affliction has yet to do that. I remember Bas asking the CEO on Inside MMA a month ago what they were going to do to let the public know what a good card they were putting out there. He didn;t really ahve an answer. Said the fans will know.

How are you playing devil's advocate? By naming the favorites in every fight? Every card has favorites.

I just can't proclaim it the best card ever if everyone knows who is going to win

-The Fedor fight is significant because he hasn't fought a top-ten heavyweight since 2005...if you want to continue being considered the best fighter in the world, you have to keep fighting the best.

I didn't knock this fight at all

- Barnett has only lost to three fighters and this fight is an opportunity for him to erase an old blemish off his record (let's face it though, no one wants to see him fight Cro Cop a 4th time) and should put him next in line to fight Fedor IMO

Erasing a blemish isn't always the best thing to do. It would have been better if he was fighting Arlovski, or even Rothwell.

-Why will Arlovski vs Rothwell be boring? Rothwell has earned this fight and it is a test for him, not sure why you wouldn't be excited to see it

When is the last time you saw an exciting Arlovski fight? Rothwell has had his share of snoozers too.

I see AA fighting very cautiously again. Rothwell might win it (I hope he does), but Rothwell doesn't have anything up his sleeve to force an exciting fight.

Those three fights will be the main attractions for me...

-Babalu/Whitehead has potential to be a war

Could be.

-Emelianenko/Buentuello has potential to be a war

As much potential as Buentello/Arlovski had.

-Vernon White sucks but it will be good to see lil' Nog back in the ring after losing to Sokoudjou last year

Eh... It would be interesting to see him fight a good fighter.

-Always fun to watch Vitor Belfort box (hopefully that fight gets shown)

Not always. Maybe 4 out of ten times.

And Megadeth are playing live

How many buys do you think that will add? I don't see a place for them. I will fast forward if I don't watch it live. Even if it was a band I liked I'd probably fast forward to get to the fights.

HELLYEAHSMILEY.gif

Sebowski, you've still not said anything different....what's your point?

I stated that this is the best card (on paper) of the year so far, not that it's the best card ever. Name another card that's come close to it so far this year? UFC's Fight Night 13? One of the Dream tourneys?

Nick Diaz is fighting again on July 26...damn this kid just doesn't stop...what is this 3 fights in 3 months?

Not sure why this one isn't against KJ Noons...it's in Nick's hometown maybe Noons didn't want to fight there? Or maybe he doesn't want to fight again so soon?

Either way, that needs to be both of their next fights, if Noons wants to pretend like he's a top-ten LW (even though he got knocked out by Crazy Horse) he needs to beat Diaz on something other than a doctor's stoppage due to a cut.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/4648/report-nick-diaz-vs-thomas-denny-at-july-26-elitexc-cbs.mma

EliteXC lightweight Nick Diaz (17-7) will meet former King of the Cage champion Thomas Denny (26-16) at the next EliteXC-CBS "Saturday Night Fights" event, which takes place July 26 at Stockton Arena in Stockton, Calif.

Sherdog.com is reporting that bout agreements should be signed today.

EliteXC had planned for Diaz to rematch lightweight champ KJ Noons in his next bout later this year, but with the organization heading to Diaz's hometown, plans apparently changed.

Diaz recently pulled out of a July 21 DREAM.5 welterweight title fight with Hayato "Mach" Sakurai, reportedly at the urging of EliteXC officials, who wanted Diaz a part of the Stockton card.

A month after defeating Katsuya Inoue to earn the DREAM title shot, Diaz (17-7) returned to EliteXC and defeated Muhsin Corbbrey. The victory, which took place earlier this month at "EliteXC: Return of the King," preceded an in-ring scuffle with Noons' camp when the rematch was announced.

However, instead of Noons, Diaz will meet Denny, a longtime KOTC fighter with a strong following in California. Denny has won four out of his past five fights, which included a victory (via disqualification) over Malaipet Team Diamond in the main event of a March ShoXC event.

"EliteXC: Unfinished Business" will feature a headline bout between EliteXC middleweight champ Robbie Lawler (15-4) and Scott Smith (13-4). Jake Shields (20-4-1) and Nick Thompson (36-9-1) are also expected to fight for the first-ever EliteXC welterweight title.

mmaweekly is saying that Dan Henderson will likely face Rousimar Pahlares at UFC 88 in Sept.

Nick Diaz is fighting again on July 26...damn this kid just doesn't stop...what is this 3 fights in 3 months?

Not sure why this one isn't against KJ Noons...it's in Nick's hometown maybe Noons didn't want to fight there? Or maybe he doesn't want to fight again so soon?

Either way, that needs to be both of their next fights, if Noons wants to pretend like he's a top-ten LW (even though he got knocked out by Crazy Horse) he needs to beat Diaz on something other than a doctor's stoppage due to a cut.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/4648/report-nick-diaz-vs-thomas-denny-at-july-26-elitexc-cbs.mma

it might have been stopped due to cuts, but Noons was kicking Diaz's ass that entire match. Diaz couldn't get a takedown to save his life, and Noons was eating him alive standing.

mmaweekly is saying that Dan Henderson will likely face Rousimar Pahlares at UFC 88 in Sept.

it might have been stopped due to cuts, but Noons was kicking Diaz's ass that entire match. Diaz couldn't get a takedown to save his life, and Noons was eating him alive standing.

The Franklin fight seemed like the perfect fit. I really don't understand the point of this fight. Pahlares is still a relative newcomer (and I use the term loosely). Franklin really has nobody to fight. He might as well play gatekeeper for the division.

Absolutely. I'm a Diaz fan and that was tough to watch. Noons was owning him.

I just watched that bout last night, Noons wasn't killing him in standup, it was a knee to the face that busted Diaz open....

Diaz couldn't take Noons down (Diaz's wrestling is suspect) but he was catching Noons with jabs and keeping him at bay with his reach.

Diaz almost always takes fights into the 2nd-3rd rounds before finishing...besides that's a weak way to win a fight, especially if you're going to talk about wanting to be a top-ten LW.

I don't know how I feel about this. Henderson-Franklin would have been a heck of a fight. It is a fight that a lot of people want to see (including myself), and that is what I expected to hear that Hendo's next fight was going to be.

But this is an interesting matchup. I think Dan wins, but it is not going to be as easy as a lot of people are going to think. I don't know much about Pahlares other than his sub of Salaverry a few months ago, but I hear really good things.

I was going to buy tickets to this event since I have some friends in Atlanta, but decided against it at the last second. The cash flow is a little low right now. But now I regret it because I would like to see Chuck and Hendo in person. Oh well.

I don't know how I feel about this. Henderson-Franklin would have been a heck of a fight. It is a fight that a lot of people want to see (including myself), and that is what I expected to hear that Hendo's next fight was going to be.

But this is an interesting matchup. I think Dan wins, but it is not going to be as easy as a lot of people are going to think. I don't know much about Pahlares other than his sub of Salaverry a few months ago, but I hear really good things.

I was going to buy tickets to this event since I have some friends in Atlanta, but decided against it at the last second. The cash flow is a little low right now. But now I regret it because I would like to see Chuck and Hendo in person. Oh well.

I wanted to see Henderson/Franklin too, but maybe they wanted Hendo to get a win under his belt in this run in the UFC first?

Is it too late to get tix to that event?