Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

i don't think you can label the first Pulver fight a fluke because of how the 2nd fight played out. Pulver was a much different fighter the first time they fought. Pulver won that first fight because he was the better man that night, no fluke involved.

Ok well maybe fluke was the wrong word, but BJ got better, A LOT better and avenged his loss so I don't count it. Pulver's game has evolved too shown by his anaconda choke on Cub Swanson when everyone said all he had was a big straight left, but he's nowhere near Penn.

I apologize for reminding everyone about this card. I hope you didn't waste your time watching it. I can't believe how long and boring it was.

Melendez-Thompson wasn't bad. Completely one-sided though.

Thompson won by UD all judges gave him 50-45

it was one of the most boring cards i've seen in mma :laugh:

Ok well maybe fluke was the wrong word, but BJ got better, A LOT better and avenged his loss so I don't count it. Pulver's game has evolved too shown by his anaconda choke on Cub Swanson when everyone said all he had was a big straight left, but he's nowhere near Penn.

i agree that Penn has gotten alot better, but i wouldn't go as far as to say the loss "didn't count"

One fave fighter?

BJ Penn but I admit he's slipping off the top with his ring antics lately. I'm a loyalist so I hang onto him but I wish he'd act like a champion when he wins.

(I have to throw my others in despite the one fighter rule...)

2. Forrest Griffin

3. Randy Couture

4. Mirko Filipovitch

5. Quentin Jackson

It may seem like I'm a Spider Silva fan and I have nothing against him but I have to admit I was rooting for Hendo against him (despite having a sig bet against Hendo) and I'd like to see him lose sometime soon.

I also can't help but LOVE Chris Leben simply for the excitement he brings and that post-fight fist pose. That face he makes cracks me up and I gotta believe he knows it's funny and cheesy when he does it. :)

wow, so nobody wants to take up the rampage vs forrest sig bet with me huh?

I was offered one by SkinsOrlando but I just couldn't do it.

It's so hard to root against either one of those guys. This is one of those fights where I'll be happy for the winner and sad for the loser either way.

wow, so nobody wants to take up the rampage vs forrest sig bet with me huh?

See signature, u must seek permission from Chachie to take on a sig bet with me. If Chachie excepts, you must seek out the terms(length of sig bet) and he must approve the sig. Should you lose, Chachie will also determine your signature.

See signature, u must seek permission from Chachie to take on a sig bet with me. If Chachie excepts, you must seek out the terms(length of sig bet) and he must approve the sig. Should you lose, Chachie will also determine your signature.

so you're owned?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Big Mike-

Orlando lost a sig bet to me a long time ago and has graciously taken the underdog in every "rematch" we've had since. His sportsmanship knows no boundaries and he has been a total laugh riot about this the whole time. :)

Orlando-

I hereby release you from any obligation to me (no matter how self-imposed) and look forward to seeing who comes out on top in your bet with Big Mike. If I weren't such a softy about both Griffin and Jackson, I'd have taken this sig bet with you yet again.

HOWEVER- If Mike should win, I still want to be able to bet freely with S.O. in future fights so I'm asking that this bet have a term limit on sigs, something Orlando's pride has prevented in the past.

:cheers:

Really, all you had to do was ask, it'd be funny hearing her laugh at your small pecker.

it was mere laughs of joy that the pounding was over.

and Im done hijacking this thread. we are good enough talking trash in our other 3.

wrapping it up.

me = rampage

you = forrest.

length of bet = one month?

Chuck interview

http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/MMANews.com-Exclusive-With-Chuck-Liddell-On-Upcoming-Fights.html

highlights:

MMANEWS.COM: With a potential win over Rashad how do close do you think you are to getting a title shot?

Chuck Liddell: After I beat Rashad I think I deserve the next title shot.

MMANEWS.COM: Recently announced by Anderson Silva he’ll be moving up in weight class from 185 to fight James Irvin at 205. With the UFC Light-heavyweight class so deep with talent how do you think he will fair in the division?

Chuck Liddell: Anderson Silva is a tough fighter. If anyone can move up and do it I think he could do it. It’s another 20 lbs to him, so it’s a big jump. I think there are a lot of good fights for him at 205.

MMANEWS.COM: Would you every welcome a fight between yourself and Silva?

Chuck Liddell: Sure, it could be a good fight but I think I’m too big for him. He’s a tough fighter and I have all the respect in the world for him but I think I’d be too much for him.

MMANEWS.COM: I know you’ve briefly talked about it before but would yourself ever entertain the thought of moving up in weight class?

Chuck Liddell: Yeah, I have talked about that a bunch of times, when I get done with what I wanna do at Light-heavyweight I’ll be looking to move up in the weight class.

MMANEWS.COM: If you could have an open weight fight with anyone in the world who would it be?

Chuck Liddell: I’d really like to get a shot at Fedor; I think I match up well with him.

------------------

No way does Chuck deserve a title match if he beats Rashad. Thiago and Machida are ahead of him in line, and if Rampage losses, Ramoage is ahead of him as well. I'm hoping Wanderlei wins his next fight and gets a rematch with Chuck. Maybe the winner of that fight should get a title shot.

Anderson would own Chuck

Fedor-Chuck would be a great fight.