Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I'm seeing scores all over the place on twitter

who ever loses, people will be upset

---------- Post added April-20th-2013 at 10:21 PM ----------

I scored it 4-1 for Gil

The only real clear round was the first. I could make an argument for any score besides 50-45 Henderson.

I'm seeing scores all over the place on twitter

who ever loses, people will be upset

---------- Post added April-20th-2013 at 10:21 PM ----------

I scored it 4-1 for Gil

The only real clear round was the first. I could make an argument for any score besides 50-45 Henderson.

I had it 4-1 as well with Benson getting 4th.

I had it 4-1 as well with Benson getting 4th.

as did I, just felt like Melendez controlled more of the action of the fight

it was more on his terms

---------- Post added April-20th-2013 at 10:25 PM ----------

Benson's proposal is getting boo'd

special moment :ols:

---------- Post added April-20th-2013 at 10:26 PM ----------

I can't really argue against 48-47 for Henderson, but I still feel like Melendez won that fight.

I feel like a broken record, but once again, IMO, I feel UFC judges went with quantity over quality. In the decision. Melendez's strikes looked more clean, crisp, accurate, hard, etc etc....

Benson did land some nice leg kicks and a few elbows, but in most exchanges, Melendez's strikes looked much more significant as opposing to lunging in and doing something just to make contact in order to score points.

The fight was pretty awesome for 3 and a half rounds, and then Benson definitely went into "Frankie Edgar Mode"

I gave Melendez Rnds 1,2, & 5.......Still think it was a close fight, so I am not too whacked out about it, just noticing a continuing trend.

I feel like a broken record, but once again, IMO, I feel UFC judges went with quantity over quality. In the decision. Melendez's strikes looked more clean, crisp, accurate, hard, etc etc....

Benson did land some nice leg kicks and a few elbows, but in most exchanges, Melendez's strikes looked much more significant as opposing to lunging in and doing something just to make contact in order to score points.

The fight was pretty awesome for 3 and a half rounds, and then Benson definitely went into "Frankie Edgar Mode"

I gave Melendez Rnds 1,2, & 5.......Still think it was a close fight, so I am not too whacked out about it, just noticing a continuing trend.

Gil's shots looked significant from our angle, its not uncommon for judges sitting ringside to see it differently. We don't see the fight from the angle they're watching, so its hard to say what we saw is the same as what they saw.

---------- Post added April-20th-2013 at 11:01 PM ----------

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2013/04/henderson-vs-melendez-official-ufc.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Fight Metric scored it for Benson

Yeah I know what the fight metric said, but again, the fight metric is also scoring points for Benson when he punches Gil's thigh, so I don't put a lot of faith in the fight metrics telling the story of the fight.

It doesn't take into account the quality of the strikes and who is dictating the fight etc etc.....

I had Gil winning round 1 for sure, and then 2 and 3 I thought were in Gil's favor but not too convincingly. Before they announced the decision I thought Benson would win because Gil didn't do enough to "beat the champion" and "take the belt", and I expected a UD for Benson 48-47. Did not expect the SD.