Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Yeah that's cool man. Good luck, but I'm warning you...to the death, SU, we're gonna go to the death and I'm going to try to kill you and I'm not joking about this.

*gsp* i am not impressed by your imitation *gsp*

(the irony, you quote BJ Penn and i reply with GSP when we've picked the opposite in the fight)

http://sherdog.com/news/articles/1/Pros-Pick-St-Pierre-vs-Penn-II-15992

Pros who picked St. Pierre: 15

Pros who picked Penn: 14

Pros who couldn’t decide: 1

once again, an even split on this match. nobody has a clue to any certainty about whats going to happen tomorrow. this match will be greatness

ESer's that picked GSP: 8 (Keeastman, Doublestrokeroll, Dance04, SO, ashy_larry, mcd5, 99QBKiller, AND SLACKY)

ESer's that picked Penn: 6 (Sebowski, Chachie, mvisit1, StillUnknown, tone_dubbz, Big Mike)

Edited by Sebowski

I love BJ and will tear down the walls if he wins, but i think the size,athletism and conditioing of GSP is gonna win this fight. I think GSP will continually take BJ down and wear him out.

I think this fight ends alot like the Hughes fight vs BJ with a GNP stoppage rd4

If GSP is stupid enough to standup the whole fight he could be in trouble and going to bed early tonight. I think BJ will have to pull a submission from his back to win this fight.

I truly hope i'm wrong, my heart says BJ, but my mind says GSP.

Machidi wins by UD

Guida is gonna finish Diaz rd2 stoppage

I think Diaz is so overrated.

Karo by UD

Come on BJ prove me wrong........:cheers:

I think GSP is more polished, and a more complete fighter than BJ.

BJ could catch him coming in, or doing something stupid to knock him out....but the chances of that happening are very small.

I need to check the moneyline on this fight.

Edit: Just checked, GSP is a heavy favorite.

Penn + 145

Edited by McD5

BJ could catch him coming in, or doing something stupid to knock him out....but the chances of that happening are very small.

Not really, Matt Serra came out and did just that to him not too long ago. And BJ Penn is a way better striker than Serra.

GSP's a lot better now but he's going to be very careful about getting caught.

Not really, Matt Serra came out and did just that to him not too long ago. And BJ Penn is a way better striker than Serra.

GSP's a lot better now but he's going to be very careful about getting caught.

Yes, I am assuming that he learned something from the Serra fight.

I don't see BJ being able to do much againt GSP, if anything at all. I wouldn't be surprised to see this over very quickly.

I don't see BJ being able to do much againt GSP, if anything at all. I wouldn't be surprised to see this over very quickly.

****, I hope so man. I've got money and a sig bet riding on GSP.

I think in the end his size and conditioning plus the fact that Greg Jackson's camp is on fire right now will get him this fight. But you never know when BJ Penn will explode and whip a bunch of ass.

ESer's that picked GSP: 5 (Keeastman, Doublestrokeroll, Dance04, Chachie, SO)

ESer's that picked Penn: 5 (Sebowski, Chachie, mvisit1, StillUnknown, tone_dubbz)

ESer's Undecided: 2 (99QBKiller & Big Mike unless I missed theirs)

thanks bowski.

I think it would be cool if we did a group sig bet on this fight. anyone else agree?

Also adding 99, ashy_larry and mcd5 to the GSP camp

Edited by Dance04

This isn't about just GSP. There is no chance GSP wins early. ZERO. BJ has never been dropped in a fight ever.

Even if GSP wins, it looks like you are in for a surprise from Penn.

ESer's that picked GSP: 8 (Keeastman, Doublestrokeroll, Dance04, SO, ashy_larry, mcd5, 99QBKiller, AND SLACKY)

ESer's that picked Penn: 6 (Sebowski, Chachie, mvisit1, StillUnknown, tone_dubbz, Big Mike)

In all fairness, I picked GSP because he's SIZZLIN HOT! Ooohhhhh yeah baby! Haha.

In reality, I don't think I've ever had as tough of a time picking (well, logically/rationally speaking) a fight. I think GSP's BJJ has improved so much in the last year/year and a half, I have a hard time seeing him making a mistake that allows BJ to submit him...

Dude, what?

Did you watch the last matchup between GSP and BJ? BJ picked him apart standing up. He doesn't have sledgehammer/haymaker fists like Serra, but he is very precise with his shots. That's what almost lost GSP the fight before, he wanted to be more on the feet with Penn (which is understandable) and Penn came out with these little laser-like strikes; GSP's face looked like it had gotten hit by a frickin train afterward.

I hope GSP wins, and I'd bet on that if I was a gambler, but to say Penn can't do anything against GSP is insane.