Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

2 things we really haven't seen with the new Rumble, his gas tank & whether he can get off his back. Cormier will push both. Can't see Cormier giving Johnson the space he needs to be at his best striking range. Cormier will have to wade through some fire to get there though.

Not sure who I'm picking, but I'm leaning towards DC.

Although Bones has very underrated grappling, I see DC as having an easier time with Rumble than Jon would because DC won't even entertain the notion of striking with Johnson for long. He'll smother, cover, and win... if (like you said) he doesn't get caught on the way in.

Edited by Chachie

LHW title is a coin toss for me, just going to sit back & enjoy (but I hope DC loses-imagine the wars & injuries at AKA with Cain & DC both holding belts?)

I hope Weidman wins just so Vitor can retire. I kinda want Vitor to win though since i think he is more likely to take a fight vs Anderson in Brazil- (since it doesn't look like Anderson will fight in the U.S. anytime soon). If Weidman does win, who's next? Rockhold? Souza? Romero if he gets by Machida?

I was looking forward to Cowboy- until I remembered Makdessi was the injury replacement. Is RDA ready or is he nursing an injury? Cowboy will fight him the first week of June if he can.

After that, I'm really only interested in the prelims for 187. Just killing time until Aldo Mcgregor.

Although Bones has very underrated grappling, I see DC as having an easier time with Rumble than Jon would because DC won't even entertain the notion of striking with Johnson for long. He'll smother, cover, and win... if (like you said) he doesn't get caught on the way in.

Rumble did a great job of stuffing Phil Davis when he went for takedowns, but DC is a different caliber wrestler than even Phil. I also think Davis got a little nervous after the first couple of shots failed and started shooting from further away to avoid the striking. If DC gets a takedown, it will probably come from the clinch.

part of me wants Rumble to win because if DC wins, the Jones' cloud will linger even heavier. If DC wins you have a champion who very clearly lost Bones just few months ago.

the other part of me says that Rumble is most likely an abuser of women and if he wins, you replace one champ with legal issues with another who has a very checkered past

its a bad situation all around really

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

Chris Weidman accuses Vitor of elevated t levels during weigh ins.

I couldn't make out a word they were saying, during the actual verbal altercation.

And then even when Joe Rogan interviewed Weidman and asked about it, and handed the mic to Weidman, I still could not make out a single word Weidman said, it was so loud in that place.

Can someone translate for me ?

God I hope Vitor beats the dog piss out of Weidman. I dislike Weidman so much.

What'd he key your car and pop your tires? I don't see how he's unlikeable. Especially to that degree.

Watched Ariel's new 35 minute interview with him, it got emotional. Also watched all the episodes of embedded, he seems like a real cool dude. I love the way he fights.

Vitor just gave this sketchy ass quote:

"It's a deficiency that I have, there are not natural treatments to balance the hormones, but God sent me a supplement from heaven and it's working"

I think Vitor is kinda crazy. His quote doesn't seem too sketch considering his other interviews where he calls himself a lion. I think it's a mix of his English and his personality.

Edit he called himself a T-Rex.

“Imagine if the T-Rex was in the jungle,” Belfort told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). “Do you think a lion could stand with a T-Rex? Maybe [Rockhold] doesn’t know history.”

I'm thinking Weidman takes him down and beats him up early, then finishes him in the second.

AJ vs. Cormier is a tough one for me. Mind says Cormier controls him for the majority of 5 rounds, gut says AJ knocks him out. Think I'll go with my gut, AJ just hits too hard and has so much momentum.

2 things we really haven't seen with the new Rumble, his gas tank & whether he can get off his back. Cormier will push both. Can't see Cormier giving Johnson the space he needs to be at his best striking range. Cormier will have to wade through some fire to get there though.

Not sure who I'm picking, but I'm leaning towards DC.

LHW title is a coin toss for me, just going to sit back & enjoy (but I hope DC loses-imagine the wars & injuries at AKA with Cain & DC both holding belts?)

You guys got picks for the other fights ? Some pretty decent matchups besides the main and the co-main

Even the Prelims should all be good. Kind of surprised to see U-Hall on a Prelim card.

Haha - I just realized what happens when you take Uriah's first initial and his last name. Maybe U-Haul could be a nickname ?

I got

Benavidez by submission

Browne by decision

Cerrone by submission

Weidman by TKO

Cormier by decision.

I have a very very strong feeling about Weidman winning. Confident enough that I'd bet. Not so certain about the method, but I see him winning, without question.

I think Hall was robbed.

Burkman had Stun Gun wobbled bigtime early in the 3rd, but completely spent himself trying to finish. Stun Gun landed a left, got the clinch, scored a takedown, worked hard for an arm triangle choke and made Burkman go to sleep.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I think Hall was robbed.

Burkman had Stun Gun wobbled bigtime early in the 3rd, but completely spent himself trying to finish. Stun Gun landed a left, got the clinch, scored a takedown, worked hard for an arm triangle choke and made Burkman go to sleep.

I can't say Hall got robbed when he didn't have any sense of urgency at all in that fight. I gave Hall the 1st, 2nd was close, 3rd was Natal's. Hall has attributes that says he should be much better than he is, but he's simply a timid fighter when he's not facing a considerably overmatched opponent.

Edited by StillUnknown

Sucks Rose got pulled because her opponent missed weight by 4 pounds then got sick today. I wanted to see her fight.

I try not to make predictions, I have guys I'm pulling for, but don't want to jinx them!

Though Hall got robbed. takedown stats are misleading shows in that fight. I haven't seen the numbers, but Hall got up quick from a few takedowns & stuffed others. Didn't do so well in cage or in clinch but Hall had 2 rounds in my book. 1st for sure, my opinion on 2nd. 3rd I have to Natal.

I can't say Hall got robbed when he didn't have any sense of urgency at all in that fight. I gave Hall the 1st, 2nd was close, 3rd was Natal's. Hall has attributes that says he should be much better than he is, but he's simply a timid fighter when he's not facing a considerably overmatched opponent.

Agree 100% on Hall in general, but he still gets this judges decision in the fight.

Hall did show he is a student of Anderson Silva (any young UFC MW who says they are not is lying). He fights on the counter, saw the James Irvin kick catch & rear straight counter- a bit of taunting to get Natal in range- good sense of distance( head movement on jabs or punches he knew would be out of range). Plus he had Natal walking into a few right leg head kicks in a row. Thought one more & Natal was done, but he let Natal back in the fight.

But yeah, Hall needs to pull the trigger more often, he's got the skill, lacks the will I guess is the poetic way of saying it.

Dammit I missed it, gotta see it NOW. Will be looking for quick uploads in between fights.

I don't think Natal did much of anything to Urijah. Just because Urijah isn't living up to his potential doesn't take away that he landed a hell of a lot more. Natal landed some good leg kicks, some wild punches skimmed off, but Urijah landed solid shots to the head and body. Natal didn't do anything on the ground that was greatly noteable either..

I'd like Urijah to go for it more too, but he's aware his opponents are going for takedowns during those artful strikes. Afraid his TDD is a little shaky.