Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Maybe now they can finally make that Silva/Bisping fight they always wanted to make, but Bisping kept losing.

lol remember when Bisping was so hated that Henderson knocking him out was cause to celebrate?  The bar for UFC jerk has been raised very high since then. 

lol remember when Bisping was so hated that Henderson knocking him out was cause to celebrate?  The bar for UFC jerk has been raised very high since then. 

They hated that man so much, people just shrugged off that completely unnecessary flying forearm Hendo threw at the end lol

• Like 1

I really hope that was not the last time I saw Anderson Silva. I am not sure what to make of his postfight comments. Maybe I am making too much out of it, but for as much as he talked about how his family did not want him to fight anymore before he took this fight, he talked about getting together with his family to see what happens after this. Especially the way he reacted after the decision.

I thought he looked great. But like SU, I didn't see anything that has me clamoring for a Weidman fight again.

Anderson sounded like a dude that didn't want to go out with 2 losses on his record. Sounded like that could be it for him.

Yep, that is the same thing I was thinking. My drunk typing was really slow though. I felt like I heard someone walking away. I hope not, but that's what it sounded like.

They hated that man so much, people just shrugged off that completely unnecessary flying forearm Hendo threw at the end lol

I don't know what you're talking about.

Hendo! America!

mlqnog.jpg

• Like 1

I expected Anderson to starch Nick. He was extremely disciplined tonight. He wasn't going to **** around, he kept his hands up and his mouth shut. Didn't get risky, didn't go for too many killshots. A few spinning wheel kicks, a couple flying knees, a few hard hooks, one Fryklund elbow, but the fight was pretty lackluster relative to both fighters IMO. Nick didn't accumulate punches (outside leg kicks though, to everyone's surprise), and Anderson wasn't making it a "show for the fans". He just wanted to secure the win it looks like, and yeah, it's all telling that he might retire.

Nick showboated more than he ever has in that first round. It looked like the WWE. Still scored the round for Anderson.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Ok the lay down by Nick Diaz was funny. 

OK I officially like this fight.  What a treat this bit of comedy is, these dudes seem equally as interested in showing eachother up as they are in winning the fight.  :lol:

That's what this is, entertainment. Andy & Nick are 2 of the best entertainers in the biz.

I found it entertaining, gutsy, and a good strategy at first, but when Nick kept that up, all the way into the 5th round, when it was clear as day, that in order to win the fight, he needed a 5th round stoppage against one of the top fighters in the world, the clowning became weird.

I was pissed at that point.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

I found it entertaining, gutsy, and a good strategy at first, but when Nick kept that up, all the way into the 5th round, when it was clear as day, that in order to win the fight, he needed a 5th round finish against one of the top fighters in the world, the clowning was just weird.

Anderson is a counterpuncher, and I think Nick had no interest in starting exchanges for the most part. You know what kind of fighter Silva is when you step in the cage with him. But Nick was trying to bait him into initiating exchanges until the end.

Yea I know what you're saying, but I think it was pretty clear after 4 rounds of that, that Silva almost certainly wasn't gonna fall for the bait.

Silva was fighting consistently disciplined, calculated and strategic, and not his usual reckless and "improvisational" self.

So, by the 5th round, it was time for Diaz to make a half-time adjustment to his strategy, which hadn't been working hardly at all.

Gilbert Melendez gave away Diaz strategy in the corner one time: get aggressive but not TOO aggressive. I read that as don't get counter punched, don't get out of position.

As much as I hate the hype around McGregor, he's a counter puncher like Anderson, not as good as Andy but he gets guys to fire away so he can counter by throwing those crazy spinning kicks. Conor lands ready to strike, making the other guy think he is countering when Conir is actually setting up his own counter.

And Anderson doesn't have that, if the guy is not coming too far forward to hit him, Anderson can't make the guy do it. He used to, by dropping his hands & sticking his chin out, but not tonight, looked a bit tentative.

I'm fine if he's done. He had the 8 fight deal, this is #3, but he said he resigned for 10- think it was a joke. I don't need to see him fight 5 more times.

Well maybe, do 3 Weidman, 2 right away then Vitor or top contender-maybe Machida- then Weidman 5 if Andy wins 3&4- & then a farwell fight vs Bisping or a big name. A fan can dream can't he? But if he ever gets beat bad along the way, give him one easy fight to go out on a win & retire-can't beat Weidman with what he showed tonight, but he got the bugs out, should be better if he decides to fight again, less tentative.

As much as I hate the hype around McGregor, he's a counter puncher like Anderson, not as good as Andy but he gets guys to fire away so he can counter by throwing those crazy spinning kicks. Conor lands ready to strike, making the other guy think he is countering when Conir is actually setting up his own counter.

That's a good point. I mean, this fight was essentially set up as someone that would come at Anderson with volume, generally not dangerous, punches. Except Diaz didn't. But Anderson doesn't force his opponent into that unless they get frustrated.

I don't think that's it for Anderson. For these guys fighting is an addiction. I don't know if he cares about regaining the title but I really don't think he's ready to retire. I was happy to see the spider dominate. He's one of my all-time favorites and if he goes I'll miss out on one of my favorite walk out songs.

I don't think that's it for Anderson. For these guys fighting is an addiction. I don't know if he cares about regaining the title but I really don't think he's ready to retire. I was happy to see the spider dominate. He's one of my all-time favorites and if he goes I'll miss out on one of my favorite walk out songs.

Apparently Anderson wanted to change that walkout song for this fight, but Dana wouldn't let him.

Apparently Anderson wanted to change that walkout song for this fight, but Dana wouldn't let him.

According to Dana White, Silva made up that story, among others.

I'm starting to doubt a lot of things Silva says. I think he intentionally trolls the media.

It goes way back to when he said he was going to retire immediately after the first Weidman fight.

Since then, he's been saying a lot of questionable things, seemigly to just get a reaction from people. I see it in a lot of his interviews.

Here's Dana's quote from a few days ago.

“Anderson always has some crazy things to say before a fight. He also said that I made him not change his walkout music, which isn’t true either.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dana-white-not-making-anderson-silvas-next-fight-233400094--mma.html

Agreed. Just last year Dana said they would never raise PPV prices, then it went to "only for special cards", now its standard for all PPV's.

I can't stand it. I'm very selective about which cards I buy now. I suppose Dana would explain that it's in counter to piracy but I'm not well-educated on all that.

I can't stand it. I'm very selective about which cards I buy now. I suppose Dana would explain that it's in counter to piracy but I'm not well-educated on all that.

The official word is that production costs have risen, so the PPV price must as well. The realistic view is that UFC took a beating in PPV buys and overall revenue in 2014. Instead of making stronger cards, they're banking on having more PPV's at a higher cost to make up the difference.

This article really highlights just how bad 2014 was for them in terms of PPV buys:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/1/31/7952683/why-ufc-ppv-model-is-doomed-2014-ppv-buys-mma-stats

Edited by StillUnknown