Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

It's possible, but it also depends how the loss goes.  If it is a close split decision loss, I could see an immediate reaction, but if it is a KO, TKO or anyting bordering on "dominate" then I could see Jones needing a fight before the rematch.

I can also see Dana just making us wait, especially if one of the fighters has any kind of medical/injury-related suspension. Or, you know, just has a bunch of cocaine in their urine.

Okay so Nick Diaz and Anderson Silva are fighting this saturday night. 

I have absolutely no idea how that one plays out. I suspect that if Anderson is anything close to his normal self, he dispatches Diaz with ease, but i'm weary of fighters when their chin starts to fade. Anderson likes to do that thing where he lets fighters punch him in the face, even in sparring videos, that deteriorates the chin over time. Diaz has never shown much in the way of power, but his shots add up. Both coming off extended layoffs for different reasons. Part of me hopes Diaz wins simply to prevent Weidman/Anderson III: The Trilogy Nobody Wants.

I have absolutely no idea how that one plays out. I suspect that if Anderson is anything close to his normal self, he dispatches Diaz with ease, but i'm weary of fighters when their chin starts to fade. Anderson likes to do that thing where he lets fighters punch him in the face, even in sparring videos, that deteriorates the chin over time. Diaz has never shown much in the way of power, but his shots add up. Both coming off extended layoffs for different reasons. Part of me hopes Diaz wins simply to prevent Weidman/Anderson III: The Trilogy Nobody Wants.

I'm certainly rooting for Diaz, as I always seem to.

However, I just don't think he'll get to Spider enough to win this fight. He can't be as aggressive as Weidman was or he'll catch too many shots and he doesn't have Weidman's power so when he does connect, it won't be hard enough to change the course of the fight.

Right now I'm thinking Silva by decision but I suppose if this is a 5-rounder, Nick can get to him late. 

Edited by Chachie

It's nearly impossible to predict, because of the way each of these fighters have changed since the last time we saw them compete.

Both Silva and Diaz are different fighters, both physically and mentally, than they were in their last fights.

And no-one, probably not even Silva or Diaz, knows exactly how it's going to affect their game now.

If I had to predict, I'd call it Silva, by dropping Diaz in Round 2

And that's a completely un-biased prediction, because I really want to see Diaz win, actually.

But there's another exciting development that will happen Saturday night, that will take many by surprise.

Gastelum is going to dominate Woodley to a UD, and propel himself into the already complex and crowded

Top Contenders, at WW.

• Like 1

Yea I cannot help but to agree with the common opinions and theories that Diaz' style is going to play right into the hands of Silva's strengths.....even if Silva HAS regressed in a couple areas over the past couple years.

Unless of course, Diaz changes his approach and habits, and has a special gameplan, tailored for Silva.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Anderson TKO RD2.

Agreed.

Fox Sports 1 has been showing past fight of Diaz and Silva, and I think Silva will counter strike Diaz like crazy. Don't think Diaz is quick enough with the hands to land as effectively as he has in the past against opponents. He's got the long reach and is accurate as hell, but he also stands right in front of his opponent when striking.

This is assuming Silva has regained his footwork coming back from the leg break though.

Gastelum has always had hell making 170. Hard to believe they would allow him to fight after being hospitalized, then again, they allowed Bones to fight.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/01/chris-weidman-vitor-belfort-off-ronda-rousey-cat-zingano-takes-ufc-184-headlining-role

The heavily anticipated UFC middleweight title fight between champ Chris Weidman and top challenger Vitor Belfort is off.

MMAjunkie has learned from several sources close to the promotion that Weidman has suffered an injury in training and has been forced to withdraw from the contest. The sources all spoke on the condition of anonymity because none of them were authorized to publicly discuss the matter.

An announcement from the organization is expected shortly.

The contest was expected to headline next month’s UFC 184 event, but that honor will now fall to UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey, who faces Cat Zingano in what was originally announced as the co-main event.

Lineker blew the weight by 5 lbs, this is probably his last fight at 125

4th time he's missed the weight, he should be cut if he loses.

Shows you how starved they are for anybody can make noise at 125lbs. Lineker is one of rare low-weight fighters with legit 1 shot KO power, but he clearly can't make the weight.

Gastelum checks in at 180

Woodley should not take that fight unless they put an extra 0 at the end of his paycheck.

Edited by StillUnknown