Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Bones's urine tests are revealing more than just a coke habit, they are also showing very abnormal levels of testosterone, as in pretty unbelievable.  His levels are off more then when a former Olympic wrestler was popped for HGH. 

http://culturecrossfire.com/sports/mma/jon-joness-testosterone-levels-are-suspect/#.VK3oRCvF-Sp

Also, this is somewhat proof that MMA is still not the huge sport some of us would like it to be as the coverage has been very little outside of MMA-specific outlets and the problem with those are that 75% of MMA media outlets are a joke because they consist of folks who are basically auditioning for a job with UFC and/or are afraid to challenge Dana/Zuffa on anything out of fear of losing credentials to UFC events.

As far as the testosterone levels go, a little googling suggests that cocaine use can reduce testosterone levels. Which could explain why his levels were low on the test he failed for coke and then higher on the test he passed once the coke was completely out of his system. 

He could be using PEDs, but considering his family genetics it doesn't seem like, at 27, he would need them. He doesn't really look like a guy on steroids. With his genetics, if he was juicing I would think he would be a monster like Overeem.

As far as the testosterone levels go, a little googling suggests that cocaine use can reduce testosterone levels. Which could explain why his levels were low on the test he failed for coke and then higher on the test he passed once the coke was completely out of his system. 

He could be using PEDs, but considering his family genetics it doesn't seem like, at 27, he would need them. He doesn't really look like a guy on steroids. With his genetics, if he was juicing I would think he would be a monster like Overeem.

I don't claim to be an expert on this, but do all PED's result in bulking up ?

Just by virtue of the name "Performance Enhancing", it seems like some PED's could enhance performace in various ways, and by definition - not necessarily have that stereotypical, exaggerrated chiseled appearance.

I don't claim to be an expert on this, but do all PED's result in bulking up ?

Just by virtue of the name "Performance Enhancing", it seems like some PED's could enhance performace in various ways, and by definition - not necessarily have that stereotypical, exaggerrated chiseled appearance.

No, the doping stuff cyclists use doesn't result in muscle gain that I know of. But I think when testosterone levels are involved most of the guys who have been busted are big ripped guys or old guys trying to hold on and compete against the young guys. Chael Sonnen wasn't a huge ripped guy, he fell into the old guy trying to hang on category.

It is possible that Jones was using something to help him recover from workouts and was not lifting in a way that would cause him to blow up like an Overeem. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2323898-nsac-director-bennett-cit-testing-done-on-jones-sample-all-came-back-clean

Mixed martial arts journalists, like Bloody Elbow's Brent Brookhouse, began pushing for the Nevada commission to perform Carbon Isotope Ratio testing on Jones' samples from the December 4 and December 18 drug tests.

Luckily, this is a situation where speculation could quickly be ended. Jon Jones' drug test samples still exist and a simple Carbon Isotope Ratio test could be conducted to find the result. Put simply, a CIR test would be able to determine if the testosterone in Jones' system was synthetic or natural.

But during a Thursday interview with Bleacher Report, Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Bob Bennett said that carbon isotope testing was indeed done on Jones' pre-fight drug tests, and that the results came back clean.

"CIT testing was done, and according to our doctor, none of the results were a concern," Bennett said.

Bennett said that three tests were done during each of the random tests: urine, blood testing for human growth hormone and a blood passport test.

So if NSAC is to be believed, Jones has a coke problem, not a PED problem

Edited by StillUnknown

Or what's more likely is the NSAC's tests haven't caught up with the cheaters and can't explain these anomalies. DC's also had an abnormally low T/E ratio in both his pre fight tests.

I never thought either guy was dirty, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they are or decided to use something for this fight specifically. If they did use, this is a fight "worthy" of using, for lack of a better term. & given DC's history with USA wrestling, which has had know cheats & PED use in the system for a long time and with Jones being in wrestling too it's not out if the realm of possibilty that they would at least have in been in contact with people who did use PED's.

I think this is the NSAC trying to save face more than anything. I dont think Jones CIT results or any of DC's results have been released, Bennett from the NSAC was quoted as saying "just trust me." which just comes off as pretty sketchy at this point.

I dont really care either way-have guys transplant lungs, change their blood & have stimulants on IV in between rounds or make them both be clean-just be consistent with punishment, both the NSAC & the UFC. If you smoke weed a month out of your fight you get suspended from NSAC & lose $ from UFC, but coke a month out gets nothing from both.

Anyone think the UFC lawsuit might have an effect on the way they handle this? Like maybe they don't want to appear too heavy handed & "monopoly like" by withholding pay or imposing any punishment at all? Or is it all the fact that Jones is a draw & makes them good money?

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/1/13/7536821/ufc-jon-jones-drug-rehabilitation-stint-lasted-one-night

After testing positive for cocaine metabolites last week, Jon Jones entered a drug rehabilitation facility, where it was believed he would spend a significant period of time in to better himself and overcome his addiction.

However, according to a recent report, it appears that the UFC light-heavyweight champion's stint was far shorter than many anticipated.

According to the champ's mother, Camille Jones, the UFC star left the facility after just one night.

His story is not going to end well.

Hendricks/Lawler III has been scrapped, for now.

Hendricks now faces Brown

The UFC announced on Tuesday that rather than getting a chance to reclaim his lost title, Hendricks will instead be slotted against welterweight contender Matt Brown on March 14 at UFC 185 in Dallas, TX.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/13/7540995/matt-brown-vs-johny-hendricks-slated-for-ufc-185-brandon-thatch-vs

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

I wonder why they scrapped it, maybe Lawler is hurt or just wants some time off.

My guy Rory Mac needs to finish Lombard and jump ahead of Hendricks for that title shot.

I assumed it was because nobody wanted to see Lawler and Hendricks fight three times in a row, no matter how close their fights were. The backlash was real yo. Vast amounts of people were complaining. I thought Rory would be inserted in Hendricks' place, but he's fighting Lombard for sure? After Lombard won a couple weeks ago, it seemed obvious to me to make Lawler/Rory II and Hendricks/Lombard. But it's Hendricks/Brown instead.

I assumed it was because nobody wanted to see Lawler and Hendricks fight three times in a row, no matter how close their fights were. The backlash was real yo. Vast amounts of people were complaining. I thought Rory would be inserted in Hendricks' place, but he's fighting Lombard for sure? After Lombard won a couple weeks ago, it seemed obvious to me to make Lawler/Rory II and Hendricks/Lombard. But it's Hendricks/Brown instead.

The article said that Lawler doesn't want to fight until the summer and Hendricks didn't want to wait. Could be cover for the backlash against a potential trilogy bout though.

• Like 2

The article said that Lawler doesn't want to fight until the summer and Hendricks didn't want to wait. Could be cover for the backlash against a potential trilogy bout though.

The backlash could have something to do with it, but I think the Lawler wanting time off is the main reason. Almost as soon as he won, he was talking about taking some time off, and I heard him mention it several times. So I figured that if that trilogy fight was going to happen, it was not going to be as quick as the UFC hoped.  

The more I hear Conor McGregor describe his talents the more ridiculous he looks.  He's laying it on way too thick.  "They don't move like I move"... I'm waiting for him to credit his moves to a blind master that agreed to take him on as his last and only student. 

The more I hear Conor McGregor describe his talents the more ridiculous he looks.  He's laying it on way too thick.  "They don't move like I move"... I'm waiting for him to credit his moves to a blind master that agreed to take him on as his last and only student. 

Lorenzo Fertita called him "the Irish Muhammad Ali"

I hate MMA.

I watched McGregor on UFC embedded, he seems completely annoying to be around. Not that it matters, dude can fight. He's just built a 500 car hype train around himself. I love me a hype train derailment, but unfortunately Siver has as much reach as a newborn, and moves like the little brother from A Christmas Story when he was dressed in that winter getup. Conor will probably drop him with something. I really hope Aldo knocks his block off though. Would be hilarious. McGregor seems to want to sound like Chael Sonnen at times, but fails pretty badly. The whole dressed-to-the-nines thing is attention whorey as well. He's just one huge attention whore.

Aldo is the polar opposite. I want that fight to happen tomorrow. Never was as big of a fan of Aldo as I should be, he's the man. McGregor being champ would help the sport grow, because he's obnoxious, and we know mother****ers just eat that **** right up. Again, I point to Sonnen. Sure, Sonnen put Anderson on his butt a couple times, but that's not why he's popular. He's popular because there are so many jackasses, and they love to have role models.

Well I say f*** that s***, I'll be rooting for humble Jose. In the meantime, Siver needs to tuck that chin and get inside. Make it a dogfight like Cormier did. Sure, he didn't win, but Conor is crazy on the outside, and his clinch/TDD hasn't been tested enough. Like I said, Siver essentially looks like a quadriplegic, so he needs to bum rush the dude.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

The backlash could have something to do with it, but I think the Lawler wanting time off is the main reason. Almost as soon as he won, he was talking about taking some time off, and I heard him mention it several times. So I figured that if that trilogy fight was going to happen, it was not going to be as quick as the UFC hoped.  

Citing the article (although it's inacurrate, it states Lawler fought 4 fights, and 21 rounds in 13 months, and it's not even possible to fight 21 rounds in 4 fights) he actually fought 5 fights during that span, it makes sense that he would want a small break.

Put in perspective, that's almost twice as many rounds that the steamrolling Cowboy Cerrone fought in a 13 month period, even though Cerrone fought in 1 more fight than Lawler.