Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

If Hendo beats Jonathan I'm going to react like the comeback in 2005 against the Cowhumpers.

Same here man. I know Hendo is the underdog, but he has been an underdog before and come through. I just don't like that far too many people are completely looking past the Hendo-Jones fight to what is next for Jones. That is dangerous.

And...not so fast for the Vera-Shogun getting a title shot...

UFC changes tune, UFC on FOX 4's Bader-Machida winner also possible for title shot

LAS VEGAS – On Monday Ultimate Fighting Championship President Dana White announced that UFC on FOX 4 headliners Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (20-6 MMA, 4-4 UFC) and Brandon Vera (12-5 MMA, 8-5 UFC) are competing this weekend for a shot at the promotion's light-heavyweight title.

He later told USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that co-headliners Ryan Bader (14-2 MMA, 7-2 UFC) and Lyoto Machida (17-3 MMA, 9-3 UFC) also will have that opportunity.

"Whoever wins the most impressively on Saturday night gets the shot at the title," White said.

White's decision comes after a rash of fan backlash following his original announcement. UFC's social-media-savvy fanbase immediately took to Twitter to protest the decision while citing Rua's recent losses to both current champion Jon Jones and the champ's UFC 151 opponent, Dan Henderson – as well as Vera's current run of just one win in four appearances – as reasons why the bout did not deserve to be considered a No. 1 contender's contest.

White said he listened to the complaints, and he's making a change.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/29944/ufc-changes-tune-ufc-on-fox-4s-bader-machida-winner-also-possible-for-title-shot.mma

Edited by lovetoaster

Personally, my ideal outcome would be for Shogun to plow through Vera in entertaining fashion and get the next title shot. If Bones beats Hendo then Bones/Shogun is a great rematch, if Hendo beats Bones, Shogun/Hendo was one of the best fights I've ever seen so I'd be just as happy with that rematch too.

My 2nd pick would be Machida. As Machida/Bones would be a great rematch (I thought Machida easily won the first round in their fight) and of course Machida/Hendo would be a great fight as well.

---------- Post added July-31st-2012 at 10:24 AM ----------

btw here's a schedule for combat sports in the Olympics:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/413855/MMA-fans-NBC-Olympic-schedule/

It includes wrestling (freestyle & greco), boxing, judo, and TKD. I wish they would show more judo but you can probably find it online somewhere.

Personally, my ideal outcome would be for Shogun to plow through Vera in entertaining fashion and get the next title shot. If Bones beats Hendo then Bones/Shogun is a great rematch, if Hendo beats Bones, Shogun/Hendo was one of the best fights I've ever seen so I'd be just as happy with that rematch too.

Same thing I am thinking, and I am sure this is what Dana is thinking as well. Honestly, this is the way it should go, although either Bader or Machida are both capable of highlight reel finishes. I guess we will see on Saturday.

Must, resist, picking, Vera. Hard....to....resist.

Shogun via TKO rd 2

Man, if Vera wins I'll be PISSED, because I think he can trade with Shogun for a while. If Vera is in great shape, who can't see Shogun slowing down? The only reason he wasn't killed in the Hendo fight is because Hendo was gassed and on Planet-X seeing unicorns for the last 2 rounds. If Shogun can't put him away, I can see Vera chipping away. It's just too easy to see Shogun landing something slick as hell and closing the deal quicker than you can say "Caralho!"

Machida vs. Bader? I think Bader's in trouble. If he wins by finishing Machida I might as well give up rationalizing fight predictions.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

After 3 I have Shogun by a slim margin. Vera is showing a LOT of heart and skill, surprisingly. I wanna see him fight again regardless of the outcome of this fight.

Both guys are gassing hard though.

Machida should definitely get the rematch with Jon Jones.

Excellent card overall. Success.

Edited by styx491

Shoguns chin saved him this fight. He got tagged way too many times.

You can tell his body is breaking down. He is nowhere near as fast and his technique fading faster each fight.

Bones literally beat him into submission, he was then pounded on by Henderson and his H-Bomb for 25min. His body is done.

The only problem with Machida getting the shot is that tonight is his only win since he was choked unconscious by Bones.

I could see him getting a rematch if the first fight was close, but I think he needs more than 1 win before jumping the line.

Machida vs. Gustafsson for #1 contender makes the most sense.

You can tell his body is breaking down. He is nowhere near as fast and his technique fading faster each fight.

Bones literally beat him into submission, he was then pounded on by Henderson and his H-Bomb for 25min. His body is done.

Yep, he has been fighting a long time. He is an ole 30 plus the knee surgeries Shogun might need to think of retiring before he goes the Chuck route.