Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Interesting that GSP's last two "this is my toughest opponent ever" opponents, get worked over pretty easily in their following fights.

That was one of my first thoughts after the fight as well.

I also agree with the others that said Shields was totally out of it. Watching him right before the bell was eery. I knew he didn't stand a chance in there. Sad, really.

Shields-Fitch or Shields-winner of Kos-Hughes both make sense.

Ellenberger-Penn, Condit, or Diaz also makes sense with the others getting reshuffled in with GSP.

Edited by Sebowski

http://mmaweekly.com/shogun-rua-tabbed-to-welcome-dan-henderson-back-at-ufc-139

Shogun Rua Tabbed to Welcome Dan Henderson Back at UFC 139

Dan Henderson and Mauricio “Shogun” Rua have verbally agreed to face off at UFC 139 on Nov. 19, MMAWeekly.com has learned.

Hell yeah!

Goldie voice: "Scheduled for FIVE, FIVE minute rounds."

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

http://mmaweekly.com/shogun-rua-tabbed-to-welcome-dan-henderson-back-at-ufc-139

Shogun Rua Tabbed to Welcome Dan Henderson Back at UFC 139

Hell yeah!

Goldie voice: "Scheduled for FIVE, FIVE minute rounds."

Nice! This is an awesome matchup. I like it much better than the Anderson matchup. I would actually favor Hendo in this one.

98, this fight is a total head-scratcher for me. My two faves. :(

(I think I'm rooting for BJ. I think.)

I know what you mean Chachie. I know BJ's career is limited at this point and it's hard for me to not want him to go out on a high note.

I dunno, to me there's a slight chance BJ wins a title again.

Like Anderson Silva, BJ hasn't taken much punishment in his career. Took a good beatdown by GSP, nothing where he got dropped or wobbled though. Even Frankie didn't put him on wobbly legs, and he landed like 6 googaplex headshots on him. Like I said before, only time he was visibly rattled was way back at UFC 35. He's fairly unscathed considering who he's fought in his career.

The only problem is that BJ has lost to both the LW champion and WW champion twice. If he beats Nick decisively I guess you can make an argument for giving him a title shot. If Condit pulls off the upset, I can definitely see Penn beating Condit. GSP would probably have to be injured not to get an immediate rematch though. Against GSP, I'll give BJ a puncher's chance.

And as far as LW, Frankie is one thing, but say Gray Maynard beats him. I can see BJ winning a fight between he and Gray. Seems too poetic, and he may have to fight Frankie again to get there. I still think BJ's fight IQ can keep him near the very top for a few more years.

More good news from the FOX deal:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/9/19/2436237/dana-white-facebook-fights-to-end-in-january-all-fights-will-be

Dana White: Facebook Fights to End in January, All Fights Will Be Televised

According to UFC president Dana White, it looks like we're going to be seeing a lot more fights on TV and no more on Facebook as soon as the Fox deal kicks in. He said this a month ago, right after the deal went down, but it seemed to not register with anyone at the time. Here is a link to the interview (the Facebook stuff starts at the 3:36 mark), and here's what Dana had to say about it:

Interviewer: One thing we've noticed recently is the Facebook fights. Is that going to continue with the ongoing Fox deal, or is that going to go away with the prelims and all that stuff?

Dana: Yeah it will go away when the Fox deal starts, which is in January. Because all that programming now, I mean the reason we did the Facebook fights was because nobody could see those fights. So we put them up on Facebook as an option for fans, because we always love to give more fights. But with the fact that Fox wants to pick up all these fights, they'll be on television now.

As much as hardcore fans love the idea of the fights streaming on Facebook, it's absolutely better for everyone involved to get them on live TV. The undercard fighters will receive much more exposure, make more money from sponsorship deals, and fans won't have to worry about a possible dodgy stream. It is currently unknown where they'll be aired (my guess would be Fuel), and it will obviously lead to the UFC re-shaping the way they show TV prelims. Will there still be a one-hour main episode with two top fights, like they currently do on Spike TV? Will that air on the same channel as the other prelims? We'll have to wait a while to find out, but it should be interesting.

BTW, I love seeing a plug for JDS/Cain in the middle of watching a Redskins game and drinking a great beer. It really doesn't get much better than that for me. :D

BTW, I love seeing a plug for JDS/Cain in the middle of watching a Redskins game and drinking a great beer. It really doesn't get much better than that for me. :D

You could do better than the UFO Hefeweizen ;) Long Hammer's good though.

Whenever they plug the HW championship I tell everyone in the room to be quiet and listen. :ols: Then I say a long drawn out, "oh hellll yeahhhh!!", and my family always responds with, "okay man, we know that's your thing, turn the TV down."

Woo!!! I'm going to go against the grain here and predict that JDS will TKO Cain.

You could do better than the UFO Hefeweizen ;)

Learn to love it

800x600_UFO.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1266966851293

photo23.jpg

feat2-3.jpg

:D

Whenever they plug the HW championship I tell everyone in the room to be quiet and listen. :ols: Then I say a long drawn out, "oh hellll yeahhhh!!", and my family always responds with, "okay man, we know that's your thing, turn the TV down."

:ols:

I had a dream last night that Rampage comes out ridiculously sharp and in shape, and fight's off Jon Jones' aggression then knocks him out hard and like a boss. I've never had an MMA dream before :ols: honestly I think it's going to be the other way around.

The blog was awesome, I love the behind the scenes stuff and the fighters, the things that we don't see ever. I love how the woman at the end asks if they've been paid before they leave. Great insights behind the scenes. I love watching the press conferences and the weigh ins from inside their angle as well as the actual broadcast. It adds such a great dimension to the whole experience.

Jon Jones comes across as really passive and directed; he's still young. Maybe he just looks really passive standing next to Rampage. The height advantage and the reach advantage are really noticeable when they are standing next to each other.

Edited by styx491

Overeem made a statement on twitter yesterday that he is leaving his long time camp Golden Glory. There are rumors going around that he is thinking about moving to LA full time and possibly starting his own gym there.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/d6skk5

I would like to make a statement regarding the recent news of the separation from my long-time management Golden Glory. As with any relationship, there are good times and bad times - you have your common ground and your differences. As with any relationship, you have trust. When differences lead to a breach of trust, there's no turning back and no way to continue a positive, working relationship. I don't air my dirty laundry. I would appreciate the respect regarding my privacy to not disclose any further details on this matter.

Again, I would like to thank team Golden Glory for all the years we worked together and wish them success for the future.

The last season of TUF on Spike debuts tonight at 9pm(est). It's a 2hr episode, fights should be better this year with BW's & FW's (although there are a couple guys on the show who should be fighting at 125.)

and just for ****s and giggles:

850901240.gif

---------- Post added September-21st-2011 at 12:31 PM ----------

@danawhite

Dana White

Vitor is injured and out of San Jose fight. Now Cung Le will fight Wandy!

I actually like this fight better.

Edited by StillUnknown

Picking Jones, but I wouldn't be surprised if rampage knocks him out, **** is always crazy in the LHW division.

Rooting hard for Rampage but would be in absolute shock if he knocks Bones out.

---------- Post added September-21st-2011 at 12:59 PM ----------

Vitor is injured and out of San Jose fight. Now Cung Le will fight Wandy!

I actually like this fight better.

Me too. Toss-up.

At the UFC 135 press conference, a 9 year old kid got to ask a question to the fighters. Before the question, he stated he was a Cecil People's black belt.

Dana also said in an interview that the Shogun/Hendo winner will likely get the next title shot after Rashad.

Edited by StillUnknown

Brock's also one ass whooping away from retirement imo. Maybe two ass whoopings. I don't think he's gonna be a factor in HW anymore with the way the weight class has evolved to quicker, younger, and more technical fighters.

As I was typing that I realized that the "evolution" is basically JDS and Cain (maybe Schaub too). Reem is obviously a huge contender still but he hasn't really done anything in a major MMA promotion in a while (Brett Rogers is a typical one dimensional fighter).