Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

As I was typing that I realized that the "evolution" is basically JDS and Cain (maybe Schaub too). Reem is obviously a huge contender still but he hasn't really done anything in a major MMA promotion in a while (Brett Rogers is a typical one dimensional fighter).

There's also Daniel Cormier and Matt Mitrione who are up and comers despite their age. And there's also Barnett who's still very good and gate keepers like Mir and Kongo.

The HW division is thriving right now.

Is Jones getting more ****y, or is it schtick from the UFC? He used to be a very humble guy, but lately he appears different. Hope he's not getting too big-headed. There are fighters in the LHW that, if they land a clean shot, could drop him.

Funny you say this because I actually found him to be ****y and smarmy before, yet I notice him getting very humble as the Rampage fight approaches.

Brock always being "1 fight away from title" is probably has a few factors

1) Buyrates

2) The more losses he takes, the more his mystique dies off

3) His health seems to be a rollercoaster, who knows how much longer he will be around

3b) He isn't exactly young

4) his motivation to get back in the octagon after taking losses has been a constant question

If anyone has DirecTV, it is on the Audience network (101 and a few other channels). This is the first time that I know of that they have done this. Hopefully they keep doing it.

---------- Post added September-23rd-2011 at 04:34 PM ----------

Dream 17 live on HDNet at 3am(est)

I watched a Dream event a few years ago after coming home from the bar. I made it through it, but it was difficult because they have some sizable delays between fights sometimes. I don't see that happening tonight. The DVR is fired up for that one.

Is Rampage still a 6 to 1 underdog? Might lay a few bucks down on that. Jones is a human highlight reel, I'm aware that the son of a gun is wildly talented, but how does he fare against a grinder when the bust-a-moves aren't working? After he threw Bonnar around he slowed down, becoming rudimentary with his striking. Of course Bonnar was half-dead at that point and didn't have anything to hurt Jones with.

We don't know enough about Jones' chin, we don't know enough about how he reacts to being put in bad spots, and we don't know how he'll hold up in a long championship fight. Cardio-wise, Rampage has always been able to stay dangerous throughout his fights. A lot of questions about Jones to be putting the best-experienced Light Heavyweight ever at a 6 to 1 underdog.

I think Jones can leg kick Rampage in to submission here, perhaps even scare the crap out of everybody by knocking him out cold...but this line has even got me foaming at the mouth, and I'm not much of a betting man at all.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Is Rampage still a 6 to 1 underdog? Might lay a few bucks down on that. Jones is a human highlight reel, I'm aware that the son of a gun is wildly talented, but how does he fare against a grinder when the bust-a-moves aren't working? After he threw Bonnar around he slowed down, becoming rudimentary with his striking. Of course Bonnar was half-dead at that point and didn't have anything to hurt Jones with.

We don't know enough about Jones' chin, we don't know enough about how he reacts to being put in bad spots, and we don't know how he'll hold up in a long championship fight. Cardio-wise, Rampage has always been able to stay dangerous throughout his fights. A lot of questions about Jones to be putting the best-experienced Light Heavyweight ever at a 6 to 1 underdog.

I think Jones can leg kick Rampage in to submission here, perhaps even scare the crap out of everybody by knocking him out cold...but this line has even got me foaming at the mouth, and I'm not much of a betting man at all.

http://bestfightodds.com/

Even if you don't think Rampage has much of a chance, if you have some throw away cash, you could do worse than putting some on Rampage to pull the upset. The only time I've seen a champ with odds like that was Anderson against Maia & Penn vs. Edgar I

20110922085426_Screenshot20110921at11_42_14AM.JPG

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/1/Pros-Pick-Jones-vs-Rampage-35730

Pros Picking Jones: 35

Pros Picking Rampage: 7

No Pick: 4

on a sidenote, for the BJJ fanatics, 2011 ADCC is also this weekend.

I thought the pros would be a little more split.

mmamania has been doing series breaking down the ADCC

Here is the last one of the series with links to the rest at the end of the article

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/9/23/2442760/adcc-2011-brackets-previewing-the-99kg-and-over-division-and-the

---------- Post added September-23rd-2011 at 08:40 PM ----------

How is Brock not 1 fight away from a title shot? If he beats Overeem, who would have a stronger claim for a title shot?

First thing Rampage says is "I'm endin' your hype tomorrow"

I heart Quentin and I really hope he flattens this guy but holy moly... Bones' hype seems unflattenable.

I have to admit I'm a hater. I don't know why. I just don't buy the "good guy" act for a second and I suppose I'm a bit of a traditionalist and I resent some ****y new dude coming along and easily punking legends like Shogun. However I also have to admit that this new kid on the block is the most dangerous fighter in MMA right now. The only thing we don't know about Jon Jones is his chin and tonight he gets to test that. (Or maybe not. I thought Rua would test his chin and Rua simply never got close to it.)

C'mon, Rampage. Knock him out.

Edited by Chachie

I didn't know he was competing, but Palhares has already claimed 1 knee at ADCC :ols:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/9/24/2446160/adcc-2011-live-results-blog-abu-dhabi-combat-club-submission-wrestling-grappling-bjj#storyjump

Palhares vs David Avellan. Palhares with a big takedown, then a heelhook for a win. Palhares goes to hug Avellan and it's treated like he's attacking Avellan. Palhares trying to explain. Apparently the match is being restarted because the submission was out of bounds. More bonkers stuff with Palhares. he must be the Simple Jack of Submission Grappling. Try to restart from heelhook position. Avellan tries to spin out and Palhares kneebars the **** out of him. Could be an injury. Palhares wins ... again, in the same match.

Dude has a fetish.

Edited by StillUnknown