Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

We had the Guida convo two days ago, the day after the event. Everyone's just taking a breather before this weekend, we all know this is an awesome heavyweight match up. This month has a lot to soak in for MMA fans, and the GSP/Diaz announcement has made talking about everything pretty tough.

Honestly, I haven't even thought about the ins and outs of JDS/Carwin. Technical boxer vs. Huge puncher. You'd figure if Carwin connects with face, JDS may fall hard. JDS obviously has more technical punching skills, and will probably land more punches altogether.

I'm starting to wonder about Carwin's weight loss. He has the wrestling to take JDS down, what are the chances he goes the GSP/Guida route and uses superior wrestling (and newly found cardio) as a decision-maker? The guy was a first round knockout juggernaut, I think he's looking to play a little more chess (imagine Carwin playing chess).

I'm just getting the feeling Jackson will not plan to trade with JDS much. Carwin will throw those hard punches down the shoot, and as JDS leans to counter he'll take him right down. Perhaps I'm reading too much in to it, and Carwin stands there guns blazing. I hate even speculating about "lay & pray", but I'm just being honest about what I think Carwin wants to do now. That Brock fight has changed him.

You think Carwin's endurance has improved ? He still hasn't gone 2 full rounds yet.

I like Guida, the dude makes it work by being Cornholio-hyper. Any particular time that he's on top, he's either flailing around, fighting out of submission attempts with relative ease, trying to pass (though not very successful tonight - credit to Pettis) or posturing really high and throwing go-for-broke punches. Guida will bump his opponent's face with shoulders if the guy decides to try to hold on and get stood up. I like how Guida threw the shoulders faster and harder the more Pettis hung on. The ref considered all of that enough action, as did I. It may not be him destroying his opponent, but it's amazing how action-packed Guida's grappling matches are. Imagine rolling with that guy, I'd tap from lung pain. He just always keeps the tempo so high.

His striking has been getting better, even though it was all about setting up that takedown tonight. Still throws one-twos while bouncing around most of the time, but they look much better than they used to, and he landed that leg kick twice. Not much power on it, but I think Pettis was a little bit surprised Guida had anything for him on the feet, even if it was just a little bit. Almost landed the spinning back kick, kinda clipped Clay, and I fricken' love Pettis' head kicks. He threw one, I believe in the second, left leg, such great technique. He really rocks back swivels his body in to those. His head and torso go 90 degrees,. and right before he makes contact his foot is moving slightly downward. It hits from over the top, just awesome.

I had fun watching that one, the chess matches Clay has on the ground are interesting to me because he's all about tempo and pressure. Nothing devastating usually, so I can see why people aren't in to his style, but his grappling battles are a lot more interesting to me than the usual lay and prayer.

i can't help but want them to give guida a title shot, dude is crazy haha. and yes, i would tap out from lung collapse, that dude has WAY too much energy. i found myself in practice on monday bouncing around like guida....but i don't have the hair so it looked dumb.

You think Carwin's endurance has improved ? He still hasn't gone 2 full rounds yet.

That's the key. Even if he's trained for more endurance, we'll have to see if his adrenaline boost allows for that training to matter. (Either way, I don't see this fight getting out of the 1st round.)

Is that an offer for a wager ? :)

LOL :)

Although there's really no reason not to, I'm gonna say No. I just checked the fight card and other than the main event, there's not a single fight on this card that appeals to me. I won't even be ordering the event.

she was looking kinda chunky when they interviewed her a couple of months ago
:ols:

She is getting rather "girthy."

pics or it didnt happen
You asked for it....

She always balloons up between training camps

Oh dear - you guys call that "chunky" and "girthy" and "ballooned" up ?

That's the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

Edited by Mickalino

BTW, I'm going 1st round KO for Carwin or UD for Dos Santos.

---------- Post added June-7th-2011 at 04:26 PM ----------

Oh dear - you guys call that "chunky" and "girthy" and "ballooned" up ?

That's the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

I like a little meat on a girl but she just looks out of shape in those pics.

Yea, if JDS wins, it definitely won't be in the 1st round

Why?

---------- Post added June-7th-2011 at 01:32 PM ----------

BTW, I'm going 1st round KO for Carwin or UD for Dos Santos.

---------- Post added June-7th-2011 at 04:26 PM ----------

I like a little meat on a girl but she just looks out of shape in those pics.

I heard they took those pics months after the movie was done so that was the reason she was fat for the re shoot.

It's not JDS's style, and it's not that easy to knockout Carwin

How is it not his style? His had multiple first round ko's. I can recall Carwin actually being rocked, I can't ever recall JDS even being dazed. I think Carwin is capable of koing JDS, I just believe JDS will ko Carwin first.

How is it not his style? His had multiple first round ko's. I can recall Carwin actually being rocked, I can't ever recall JDS even being dazed. I think Carwin is capable of koing JDS, I just believe JDS will ko Carwin first.

When was Carwin rocked, significantly ? (punch-wise)