Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Pretty decent free fight night! Can't stand Johnson, think he's a punk but whatever, can't stand Hardy either. Lol...Phil Davis, looked a little uncomfortable in there early, until he got the fight where he wanted it. I think the dude could definitely be a contendor someday, but he has to round out his game.

Twister? That's a sick looking move!

Somewhere Eddie Bravo is lighting one up in celebration

I would wager that Eddie Bravo was already high before that fight lol.

[/color]from Bellator earlier tonight:

That's a sig-worthy sub. And that guy has Brock Lesnar's tattoo on his back :ols:

Edited by #98QBKiller

I thought Johnson would go in their and just tag Hardy's upward-pointing chin, but he gave him the wrestling treatment. Hardy has a lot to work on. At this point, he's all haymakers and submission defense.

Phil Davis did not look good throwing punches. His kicking game is really nice in comparison, but the dude needs to really work on his punching technique and footwork. Rogerio also brushed Davis' takedowns off like nothing for almost the entire first two rounds. It was like prime Chuck with that TDD, perhaps Phil had an injury? Just didn't get close to landing a takedown until he starting grabbing for singles. It was really surprising. How they scored that first round for Davis is beyond me, gotta rewatch it. Had it 29-28 Davis.

Korean Zombie, good going, always entertaining. Glad to see Leonard Garcia inject some discipline and technique in to his standup, but maybe it's too little-too late. Might get cut.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Phil Davis did not look good throwing punches. His kicking game is really nice in comparison, but the dude needs to really work on his punching technique and footwork. Rogerio also brushed Davis' takedowns off like nothing for almost the entire first two rounds. It was like prime Chuck with that TDD, perhaps Phil had an injury? Just didn't get close to landing a takedown until he starting grabbing for singles. It was really surprising. How they scored that first round for Davis is beyond me, gotta rewatch it. Had it 29-28 Davis.

I had originally picked Davis to win via UD, but a few minutes into the 2nd I was starting to think that Lil Nog was gonna pull out a win. His boxing was starting to open up and he was tagging Davis and stuffing those doubles. But toward the end of the round Davis was able to get him down with with singles and start to work his top game. That was a good comeback on Davis' part. I had Round one 10-9 for Nog and was starting to think like that in the 2nd until Davis turned up the heat. I do wonder why Nog didn't start going for submissions in the 3rd, a couple of times Davis looked tired and was just kind of resting in his guard but Nog didn't try anything off his back.

Zombie looked awesome. I can't wait to see him fight again. Sadollah looked good as well. I'm interested in seeing more of him the future.

Before saturday night, there were whispers of Phil Davis being a guy who could give Bones Jones a run for his money. After watching Davis fight Lil Nog, I think it's pretty obvious that Mr. Wonderful has a looooong way to go in his striking game and with his cardio before he'll be anywhere near ready to even climb in the octagon with Jones.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/3/28/2075663/ufc-fight-night-24-korean-zombie-twister-chan-sung-jung-bravo

^^^^a pretty good step by step breakdown of how the Korean Zombie pulled off the Twister

Before saturday night, there were whispers of Phil Davis being a guy who could give Bones Jones a run for his money. After watching Davis fight Lil Nog, I think it's pretty obvious that Mr. Wonderful has a looooong way to go in his striking game and with his cardio before he'll be anywhere near ready to even climb in the octagon with Jones.

I agree completely. I think it hurt Davis that the Bones/Shogun fight was only a week before. Most people (myself included) probably expected a bit too much from him

Davis is very good prospect for the 205lbs division, Bones is a phenom

Edited by StillUnknown

I'm sure some of you MMA practitioners have seen things like that before, but as a 6-7 year fan it was the first "spinal" submission I'd ever seen. (I think.)

the only other time I've seen it in MMA was Shayna Bazler's fight against a japanese fighter in EliteXC

I've seen it a few times in bjj matches, although alot of tournaments ban the move

Edited by StillUnknown

I'm sure some of you MMA practitioners have seen things like that before, but as a 6-7 year fan it was the first "spinal" submission I'd ever seen. (I think.)
the only other time I've seen it in MMA was Shayna Bazler's fight against a japanese fighter in EliteXC

I've seen it a few times in bjj matches, although alot of tournaments ban the move

I think it's only legal in MMA and some local-level grappling events. I'm pretty sure spinal locks are illegal in IBJJF competitions, even for black belts.

Awesome video about the first MMA match in American history. Gene Lebell vs. Milo Savage. Savage was the 5th ranked boxer in the world at the time (1963). Apparently, a journalist published a public challenge saying that Judo was basically BS and that any boxer could handle a Judoka in a fight.

Lebell fought as a Judo/Karate fighter and savage fought as a boxer. They did have Savage wear a gi top though. Pretty cool video.

Edited by #98QBKiller

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23038/nsac-thiago-silvas-ufc-125-sample-inconsistent-with-human-urine.mma

UFC 125 fighter Thiago Silva's drug-testing sample was "inconsistent with human urine," Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer today confirmed with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

Silva's initial "A" test was flagged, and further testing on the "B" sample confirmed the original conclusion.

Kizer said Silva now essentially is temporarily suspended until an April 7 hearing.

Silva will be asked to address the situation at the Las Vegas meeting, where he could face a suspension, fine and the overturning of his win to a no-contest.

Silva fought fellow light heavyweight Brandon Vera and earned a unanimous-decision win at UFC 125 in January. However, the 28-year-old subsequently was scratched from a planned UFC 130 bout with Quinton "Rampage" Jackson when UFC 125 drug-testing results were released.

At the time, Kizer told MMAjunkie.com that the commission was still investigating one sample from the event. While he could not confirm whether or not one of the sample belonged to Silva, the NSAC executive did confirm that Silva was among the UFC 125 fighters who submitted a pre-fight screen. Additionally, Silva was the only fighter tested who was not confirmed as passing.

Urinalysis of Silva's sample produced an "invalid result" that was "inconsistent with human urine," according an NSAC complaint. The sample then was tested by the Sports Medicine Research and Testing Laboratory, which is accredited by the World Anti-Doping Agency, and determined the same thing.

The report concludes that Silva "submitted an adulterated and/or substituted specimen for testing for the urinalysis."

UFC officials have not commented on the matter and will await the outcome of the April 7 hearing.

somebody's been hanging out with Randleman

Great call Chachie. I knew I had seen it before, but I could not remember where.

It looks like the Leebs sigs are officially retired. :pfft:

Found this vid of GSP learning to surf in Rio. If you've ever surfed before, it's pretty impressive that he stood up on his first try with minimal instruction:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23055/jon-fitch-injured-forced-to-withdraw-from-ufc-132-matchup-with-b-j-penn.mma

Jon Fitch injured, forced to withdraw from UFC 132 matchup with B.J. Penn

by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Mar 30, 2011 at 7:15 pm ET

Jon Fitch's road to the UFC welterweight title just got a little bit longer.

An undisclosed injury has forced Fitch (23-3-1 MMA, 13-1-1 UFC) to withdraw from a planned UFC 132 meeting with former champion B.J. Penn (16-7-2 MMA, 12-6-2 UFC).

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) confirmed the change with sources close to the event. MMAWeekly.com first reported the news.

UFC 132 takes place July 2 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, and the night's main card airs live on pay-per-view.

A timetable for Fitch's return has yet to be established, and it's currently unknown if the UFC will seek another opponent for Penn or attempt to reschedule the fight.

Fitch and Penn were hoping to settle the score from their February meeting at UFC 127, in which the two fought for three rounds only to have the bout declared a majority draw. The winner would likely be in the driver's seat for a potential shot at the winner of April's UFC 129 bout between current Georges St-Pierre and top challenger Jake Shields. If St-Pierre wins and elects to take a superfight with middleweight champ Anderson Silva, the Fitch vs. Penn II winner would have been almost guaranteed a spot in a bout to determine the division's newest champion.

After earning eight-straight wins to open his octagon career, Fitch was granted a title shot against St-Pierre in August 2008, and he was defeated via unanimous decision. The bout remains Fitch's lone loss in the past eight years.

Meanwhile, Penn recently returned to the welterweight division after losing his lightweight belt and an immediate rematch to Frankie Edgar. Although he briefly considered retirement, Penn instead returned to 170 pounds and posted a quick, 21-second knockout of Matt Hughes to set up the first Fitch meeting.

For more on UFC 132, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of MMAjunkie.com.

I don't know how I feel about this. A draw needs settling, but I'd rather see BJ fight someone else.