Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I'm still pulling for him but I don't have faith in his takedowns. If he gets Daley down it's over. And he has the technique to stand with him he just has to avoid the power punches.

I actually think his boxing technique is awful against power punchers. He keeps those hands too far apart and hangs his chin out too far. KJ Noons made him pay for that both their fights.

I actually think his boxing technique is awful against power punchers. He keeps those hands too far apart and hangs his chin out too far. KJ Noons made him pay for that both their fights.

Zaromski dropped him & Cyborg hit him clean plenty of times. Daley has better technique and power than both of them.

Honestly, Diaz would be wise to implement Aoki's butt-scoot :ols:

Wait a minute... dude caught a criminal before his title fight? This guy is a marketing dream.

JonesJacksonROBBER.jpg

quote from coach G.Jackson

“We caught up to him, Jon Jones got ahead of me – just that much faster – and footswept him. The guy went down, got back up and I double-legged him, put him on the ground, armbarred him Jon Jones came up behind him, put a leg lock on him, Mike Winklejohn checked his hands for weapons and pinned him down until the police came.”

Edited by tone_dubbz

Fight Night Picks:

Leonard Garcia vs. Chan Sung Jung: I have learned to never pick against Garcia in any contest in which judges are involved.

Garcia by Split Decision

Amir Sadollah vs. DaMarques Johnson: Amir has very little power for the division, and has a problem with submission savvy grapplers. On the feet, Amir should be able to pick Johnson apart. I think Johnson can get a takedown or two to make it interesting, but I think he'll end up standing too long to his detriment.

Sadollah by Unanimous Decision

Dan Hardy vs. Anthony Johnson: Tough fight to call. Johnson has the reach and power to KO anyone in the division and Hardy is coming off a brutal KO himself. That being said, I'm a big believer in cage rust and Johnson hasn't fought in over 16 months. While Johnson has the power edge, I think Hardy has the better technique. Johnson tends to lose steam as the fight goes on, most likely due to his massive weight cut. Both have pledged to stand, but if things get dicey on the feet, Johnson does have a wrestling background and should be able to put Hardy on his back if need be. I'm thinking that Hardy just has to survive the initial onslaught Johnson will bring, afterwards he should be able to break Johnson down for the win.

Hardy by (T)KO, round 2

Phil Davis vs. Little Nog: Nog has looked bad his last 2 fights against wrestlers, and now he's facing arguably the best wrestler in the division. If it stays standing for any length, Nog's technique will be matched against Davis' speed. Davis' standup game is still a mystery his fights usually don't stay standing for long. When the fight hits the ground, it will be Davis' top control vs. Nog's jiu-jitsu. In past years, this would favorite Nog, but the Nog's are aging before our eyes. Davis' combination of wrestling, top control, and submission awareness will be enough to keep him out of danger. Nog will see the final bell, but he will take a beating.

Davis by Unanimous Decision

Edited by StillUnknown

Leonard Garcia vs. Chan Sung Jung: I have learned to never pick against Garcia in any contest in which judges are involved.

Garcia by Split Decision

Ditto. Although I expect another FOTN type of contest.

Amir Sadollah vs. DaMarques Johnson:Sadollah is a pretty technical striker but he really hasn't shown any KO power to speak about. I think he can keep the fight standing and outpoint Johnson.

Sadollah by UD

Dan Hardy vs. Anthony "I cut 50lbs to make WW" Johnson:

I think Hardy's standup was overrated going into the GSP bout and Carlos Condit exposed it. Anthony Johnson has good power and he cuts a **** ton of weight, so he'll have a huge size advantage. He will be rusty but he'll also come in and unleash some fury early. I think Hardy will be gun shy from the Condit fight and will get caught by some power shots early.

Johnson by KO, Round 1

Phil Davis vs. Lil Nog:

The guys that dominated Pride are on their way out and a new class of fighters are on the way in. Nog will test Davis' chin and standup briefly, but he was bullied by Jason Brilz and Ryan Bader so I fully expect Davis to take him down and control the fight from top position fairly easily.

Davis by UD

Quick Picks:

Garcia by TKO (Jung being brutally KOd last fight may have softened that chin up enough for Garcia's windmills to end his night)

Sadohllah. This dude obviously needs to learn grappling at a breakneck pace, but he should be able to do some damage standing. TKO, round 2.

Johnson by first round KO. Hardy loves to keep that chin up while trading, and Johnson is not exactly the safest guy to do so with.

Davis by decision. I think Nog finds himself trying to escape from the bottom all fight long. It should be a fun grappling match to watch, but he'll be outpointed.

Hardy's got nothing for Johnson. Johnson will make it look easy and Hardy will be out of the UFC by this time next year.

Impossible for me to actually pick Lil' Nog, but I'll be rooting for him.

I have a feeling Hardy's going to be on the wrong side of a brutal KO.

Damn, it says I need to download Microsoft Silverlight to watch the fights but I'm on a Mac running OS X...do you guys know any way around this?

I have a feeling Hardy's going to be on the wrong side of a brutal KO.

Damn, it says I need to download Microsoft Silverlight to watch the fights but I'm on a Mac running OS X...do you guys know any way around this?

I know I'm too late, but I'm on Mac OS X too and I had no problems.