Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I saw nothing from Bader that suggests he'll be competitive with Bones Jones if they eventually fight

Dunham is a future champ imo. if Sean Sherk had a neck, he would've been choked out about 5 times last night

Sherk winning the fight was a odd.... Dunham did the damage and had submission attempts. Sherk got in one damaging elbow and did a lot of lay and pray. They need to change MMA scoring because currently uneventful take downs and delay tactics are scoring points when in fact they are the equivalent of holding onto your opponent in boxing.

Sherk winning the fight was a odd.... Dunham did the damage and had submission attempts. Sherk got in one damaging elbow and did a lot of lay and pray. They need to change MMA scoring because currently uneventful take downs and delay tactics are scoring points when in fact they are the equivalent of holding onto your opponent in boxing.

The judging in MMA is terrible right now. Submission attempts mean virtually nothing to these fools, especially if you're executing them off your back.

What the hell were they talking about against the cage? That's the weirdest thing I've seen in awhile. If Mir wouldn't have KO'd Cro Cop, I would have been open to thinking the fight was somehow being thrown. That was ridiculous.

Yeah, I would love to know what they were saying. It could not have been anything really nice because I believe that Cro Cop pretty much open-handed slapped Mir after they were chatting when he was pinned aganst the cage.

Yeah, I would love to know what they were saying. It could not have been anything really nice because I believe that Cro Cop pretty much open-handed slapped Mir after they were chatting when he was pinned aganst the cage.

Mirko doesn't have that warrior spirit anymore

he's fighting strictly for monetary reasons at this stage

Pretty funny actually

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/9/27/1714679/ufc-119-what-did-mirko-cro-cop-say-to-frank-mir-in-round-three

Cro Cop: Let me go, lets go to the center and fight

Mir: Let's go to the mat

Cro Cop: OK - if I'm on top

Mir: We'll stay in the clinch

This. He has lot his killer instinct. I read that he made $1.1 million for stepping in for Big Nog on 1 month's notice although I don't know if that is official.

Edited by Patrick86L

I think this is certainly true but I do not blame that fight on Mirko. Everyone knows his game is to stand up, strike, and avoid takedowns. He fought his fight. So ironic that he lost to a standing strike but I thought Cro Cop did well at what he does until that knee came along.

I saw nothing from Bader that suggests he'll be competitive with Bones Jones if they eventually fight

I was just referring to the fact that he beat a very experienced, well-rounded fighter with a legendary last name. Not bad for a young pup who's still finding his way.

I think this is certainly true but I do not blame that fight on Mirko. Everyone knows his game is to stand up, strike, and avoid takedowns. He fought his fight. So ironic that he lost to a standing strike but I thought Cro Cop did well at what he does until that knee came along.

Even though it remained standing, I don't believe CroCop fought his fight. He was very passive, much like he has been in almost all of his UFC fights. It's almost as though he doubts whether he can still pull the trigger on his main weapons. I think its purely physical with him though, I see him thinking through things in the ring, but I also see him not being quick enough to exploit the holes and mistakes of his opponents.

I was just referring to the fact that he beat a very experienced, well-rounded fighter with a legendary last name. Not bad for a young pup who's still finding his way.

Indeed, he should be applauded for doing what he had to do to win that fight. I just see too many holes in his game for me to believe he'll be champ (Nog stuffed alot of his takedowns & Bader's striking technique is still bad)

that being said, he's still undefeated so he must be doing something right :ols:

Edited by StillUnknown

Even though it remained standing, I don't believe CroCop fought his fight. He was very passive, much like he has been in almost all of his UFC fights. It's almost as though he doubts whether he can still pull the trigger on his main weapons. I think its purely physical with him though, I see him thinking through things in the ring, but I also see him not being quick enough to exploit the holes and mistakes of his opponents.

And that nervous shoulder tick drives me batty!!

Just a heads up for those of us who have xbox360 or PS3...

EA Sports Releases 'MMA' Demo on PS3 and Xbox 360

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/EA-Sports-Releases-MMA-Demo-on-PS3-and-Xbox-360-27177

THQ’s “UFC: Undisputed” is no longer the only game in town for fans of fight simulations.

On Tuesday, EA Sports released the first playable demo on Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 for their inaugural mixed martial arts game. EA Sports’ “MMA” allows players to control fighters from all over the world, from former Pride heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko to UFC hall of famer Randy Couture to Dream lightweight king Shinya Aoki. Additionally, the game will feature fights taking place in a ring as well as a cage.

The demo released Tuesday features four playable characters: Strikeforce heavyweight champ Alistair Overeem, former WWE superstar Bobby Lashley, former two-division title holder Jake Shields and Jason “Mayhem” Miller.

Gamers can jump right in with the “Fight Now” mode, or they can take the “MMA 101” tutorial, in which they may control either Shields or Miller in a subtitled instructional fight at the Horizon Center in Japan. Additionally, players can unlock a classic version of Randy Couture by sharing the demo with other players online.

The final release will hit shelves on Oct. 19, and like EA’s “Fight Night” series, the game will sport a create-a-fighter feature using EA’s “Photo Game Face,” allowing each gamer to upload a photo and create a pugilist in his or her own image.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Pretty good read:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/mma/09/29/tyson.mma.ap/index.html

Mike Tyson visits UFC show, praises MMA's appeal

By The Associated Press

Mike Tyson is making a visit to the UFC's octagon for an up-close look at mixed martial arts.

Tyson will appear Wednesday night on an episode of "The Ultimate Fighter," the UFC's popular reality show on Spike TV.

The former heavyweight boxing champion spoke with show coaches Georges St. Pierre and Josh Koscheck while checking out the UFC's gym and training techniques.

"I was just enjoying the scenery and everything," Tyson said Tuesday in an interview with The Associated Press. "It was pretty exciting. They get together and work on things together, and it's great to see how hard they train. This sport is amazing stuff, good stuff."

Tyson is a longtime MMA fan who has a friendship with UFC president Dana White, but any fans longing to see Iron Mike in a ring or an octagon shouldn't hold their breath. The 44-year-old has no plans to fight again in either sport.

Tyson has strong opinions on MMA, however. He watched with disappointment when former heavyweight boxing champion James Toney was dominated by Randy Couture in Toney's UFC debut in late August.

"You have to admit, Toney looked horrible," Tyson said. "He looked slow. He didn't look like a seasoned, conditioned athlete. You only had to look at his body structure. No way, Toney didn't get ready to fight a real, professional athlete like Randy is. It was ridiculous. He had no respect for Randy."

Yet Tyson also believes a boxer could thrive in MMA with the proper training. He thinks a boxer's mental attitude and conditioning would be just as important as his martial arts skills in conquering the cage.

"I know 100 percent that a boxer (could win)," Tyson said. "As long as he learns how to grapple and wrestle, he could do great. You've got to go in there respecting the sport, and not just thinking you're going to knock somebody out every time. It's a complicated sport, but a good boxer has to be a great athlete anyway."

Tyson has attended UFC fights for several years, and he would relish the chance to discuss the sport in greater detail as an MMA commentator. White has posted video interviews with Tyson before past fights.

Tyson doesn't believe any promoter could ever gain control over boxing in the same manner that White has put the majority of the world's best MMA fighters under a single promotional banner.

"He's about entertainment for real, like boxing used to be," Tyson said. "Even the walk-in is entertainment. Everything is off the hook."

Tyson hasn't fought since June 2005, when he lost to Kevin McBride for his third defeat in four fights. Although Tyson remained a major ring attraction even during his late-career decline, he knows most fighters aren't so lucky - and that's just another reason he loves MMA's attitudes toward comebacks.

"There are second chances in this sport," Tyson said. "Once boxers lose a fight, everybody gives up on them. They have a chance to come back and redeem themselves in MMA, and I love that. There's no fake fights in MMA, either. Everything is about the guys in there."

After living one of the most tumultuous lives in modern sports, Tyson has settled into life in Las Vegas as a father of seven - with an eighth on the way - and as an entertainment figure with cachet in movies and TV.

In addition to his acclaimed role in "The Hangover" and a 2008 documentary on his life made by director James Toback, Tyson recently filmed a spoof of Bobby Brown's 21-year-old "Every Little Step" video for the Funny or Die website. Looking trimmer than in recent month, Tyson dances in a black suit with no shirt alongside song-and-dance man Wayne Brady.

"It's hilarious," Tyson said. "It was a really funny thing to do. I'm having fun."

Copyright 2010 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/mma/09/29/tyson.mma.ap/index.html#ixzz10wC2MrIe

Tonites WEC card is gonna be sick....and its FREE!!!!!! Looking foward to it especially since the last UFC was such a downer (Except for the Sherk vs Dunham fight). TUF was good last nite as well.

I hope Manny beats Aldo just to open up some interesting matches at 135. Hope Cowboy finally gets out of his funk and takes out varner as well!

Tonites WEC card is gonna be sick....and its FREE!!!!!! Looking foward to it especially since the last UFC was such a downer (Except for the Sherk vs Dunham fight). TUF was good last nite as well.

I hope Manny beats Aldo just to open up some interesting matches at 135. Hope Cowboy finally gets out of his funk and takes out varner as well!

I agree man. Tonight's card has potential to be one of the best of the year....although I'm pulling for Aldo. :D