Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Why isn't there going to be a re-match with Sonnen and Silva for Silva's next fight ?

Sonnen got busted juicing.

Mousasi wins the DREAM light heavyweight belt to become the first fighter in DREAM to win two belts in different weight classes. It was supposed to be Mousasi vs Manhoef for the title but Mizuno pulled off the upset at the last DREAM event.

That would've been a pure kickboxing match. I wish Manhoef would've won that fight.

Because Sonnen could be suspended for a year or more by the commission. We will find out in the next couple weeks.

Well that sucks. So in a couple weeks we'll know ? Hmm, I just read that article and it says that Sonnen's appeal (not his suspension) could spill into late 2011. According to that, we won't know anything for a long, long time.

Well that sucks. So in a couple weeks we'll know ? Hmm, I just read that article and it says that Sonnen's appeal (not his suspension) could spill into late 2011. According to that, we won't know anything for a long, long time.

I watched an interview with Dana recently that said Sonnen would meet in commission court in the next couple weeks to explain what happened. I guess if he continues the fight the test results it would go into next year.

Quick picks:

Mir by sub. I think he gets in some good combos with his hands to set up a takedown where he subs Mirko, with, let;s say... armbar

Serra over Lytle by decision. Fight of the Night here. Lytle will win one round but Serra will win the other two.

Bader TKOs Lil' Nog. Bader is rising fast. Nog is in his way.

Sherk upsets Dunham. Classic Sherk comes out tonight and he lays his way to a decision.

Stephens out guns Guilard. This one could be quick. I think Stephens weathers an early storm and then TKO Melvin.

Beltran puts us to sleep in the preims en route to a decision win over Mitrione.

McCorkle wins his debut against the new super slim 265lb Mark Hunt.

Dalloway taps to Doerksen in another upset.

Lots of upset picks. Should be some good fights. Not sure I'd deem it PPV-Worthy, but the matchups are all close with good style combinations.

UFC 119 picks:

Melvin Guillard vs. Jeremy Stephens: Guillard is one of the best punchers in all of MMA, I think the fight stays standing and Guillard knocks him out. Guillard KO, round 1.

Sean Sherk vs. Evan Dunham: Big-time crossroads fight for Sherk. As big of a name as he once was, he's a gatekeeper at this point. And he's lost his game, as well. From a lay & prayer to a guy that stands toe to toe ALL FIGHT long. A little late to be reinventing yourself, Sherk. It's like, okay, on to step 3, combine your wrestling and striking. Dunham, split decision.

Matt Serra vs. Chris Lytle: Easy fight of the night pick, unless it ends abruptly. Both of these guys are tough as nails and big time bruisers. They have nasty hands and should have a real good scrap on the ground if it goes there. Swollen faces and bloody mouths lead to another split decision, but for Lytle this time.

Little Nog vs. Ryan Bader: Bader's the popular pick but don't sleep too much on Nog. He definitely has the hands to hurt Bader. Especially when Bader whiffs on that huge Chuck Liddell-ian right hand. I'd like to see Bader score a few takedowns and mix it up well. I think the new breed of huge wrestling athletes cements itself even further tonight. Bader, TKO G&P, round 2.

Frank Mir vs. Cro Cop: Just goes to show you how getting any kind of win streak under your belt gets fans believing again. It's impossible to erase the Gonzaga KO from your mind, and he just doesn't possess the tools to be an elite fighter anymore; but to sub a one dimensional, undersized fighter like Pat Barry in 13 minutes gets people to believe. Cro Cop has a kicker's chance. Mir, armbar round 1.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Sherk only has 4 losses on his 37 fight record, and they are to: Hughes in his Prime at 170, GSP at 170, BJ Penn, and Frankie Edgar. All of them champions. 3 out of 4 "Hall of Famers" with the 4th's story(Edgar) yet to be written.

Just sayin'

Edited by Sebowski