Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

http://mmajunkie.com/news/20558/ufc-releases-heavyweight-prospect-todd-duffee.mma

Heavyweight prospect Todd Duffee (6-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) is a free agent.

A little more than one year after Duffee burst onto the UFC scene with a seven-second knockout of Tim Hague, the 24-year-old is no longer employed by the sport's largest mixed martial arts promotion.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) learned of the UFC's decision from multiple sources with knowledge of the move, and Duffee's manager, Alex Davis, confirmed the report.

Davis declined to comment further on the matter or speculate as to the reason behind the UFC's decision.

Duffee wasn't immediately available for comment when contacted by MMAjunkie.com.

Following his record-breaking win over Hague (officially the fastest knockout in UFC's history), Duffee was defeated by Mike Russow at UFC 114 in one of the most dramatic turnarounds in the organization's history. Duffee was in control of the fight for the first two-and-a-half rounds before a right hand left him flat on his back.

Nevertheless, Duffee was targeted for a bout with Jon Madsen at October's UFC 121 event. A lingering knee injury forced him out of the planned contest, and Gilbert Yvel stepped in to take the fight.

It's not immediately evident what Duffee plans to do next, but the massive heavyweight will undoubtedly demand interest from organizations both U.S-based and overseas.

I wonder what he did to piss somebody off so badly, they released him

Edited by StillUnknown

He talked some trash a few months ago about the UFC not marketing him well and him not being paid enough...before the loss to Russow. I also saw a rumor that he maybe was not hurt as much it was initially reported when he pulled out of the upcoming fight with Madsen. That it there could have been a little protest as well. But I will emphasize that is just a rumor that I saw on a board yesterday.

Shark Fights (aka: The UFC Rehabilitation Center) has an event tomorrow night. Paul Daley missed weight...way to speed up your chances to fight in the UFC again buddy.

Keith Jardine (204.5) vs. Trevor Prangley (202.75)

Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (204.5) vs. Houston Alexander (202.25)

Paul Daley (171.75)* vs. Jorge Masvidal (168.75)

Joey Villasenor (185.5) vs. Danillo Villefort (184.5)

Brock Larson (170.75) vs. Tarec Saffiedine (169.75)

Douglas Evans (144.25) vs. Ronnie Mann (144.75)

Paul Bradley (170.5) vs. John Reese (169.25)

Devin Cole (233.25) vs. Aaron Rosa (241.75)

Karen Darabedyan (155.75) vs. Daniel Straus (152.75)

Pete Spratt (170.25) vs. Eric Davila (176.5)**

I would be upset too, especially with some rookie boxer stepping in the octagon for the first time, and getting a guaranteed 1/2 Million, win or lose.

toney's match was a freakshow so they could heavily promote it, thats why he got paid. Duffee fought Mike Russow, in what was supposed to be a showcase fight for him, you can't really promote that the same way

he couldn't have been too upset about it, or else he wouldn't have signed the deal

Seriously, the commentary last night was easily the highlight of the show. Poor Jardine, man. I actually thought he won the fight, even though Frye and Rutten were totally convinced Prangley won. I dunno, I don't think Jardine was that hurt when he got dropped in the 2nd. I didn't take that point away and ended up giving him rounds 2 and 3.

The Alexander/Sokodjou fight was real nice. Sokodjou went from being MMA's #1 prospect to a guy that gets reversed on the ground by Houston Alexander. Not to mention he always comes in with a round's worth of energy.

Sokodjou looked like he was literally in need of a hospital visit ASAP last night. He took more than 25 shots in that final beatdown and was seriously showing it. His eyes wouldn't focus, he was so wobbly, he looked like he was just hit by a car. I was a little scared shock would set in and he'd collapse at any second. That was definitely a very late stoppage.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

LfKa8Ap9rnw

Overeem will be participating again in this year's K-1 World Grand Prix after finishing 3rd last year which automatically qualified him this year. Support him in trying to become the first MMA fighter to win the Grand Prix. The first round of the tournament will be broadcast live on HDNet on 10/2 from South Korea which means it will be on in the early morning hours so I hope you have DVR or you can wait for a replay the next day. His first round match is against Australian regional tournament winner Ben Edwards which I'm guessing we will see another highlight reel KO.

Let's see if Barnett can one-up Seth Petruzelli and singlehandedly destroy two organizations. Realistically, Strikeforce is too strong for him to do that, but a few years down the road and he gets pinched for 'roids again...you never know.

Diaz in the UFC, Melendez in the UFC, Henderson retired, Barnett caught doing roids before a Fedor fight...

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Diaz in the UFC, Melendez in the UFC, Henderson retired, Barnett caught doing roids before a Fedor fight...

If Overeem wins the GP in K-1 and defends his title again versus Werdum early next year he will go to the UFC too. I haven't seen an official word if he has a champion's clause in his contract I've heard people say he does and doesn't.

This would setup my dream matchup in the UFC Overeem vs Dos Santos. :box:

Edited by Patrick86L