Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Plus, after this card we get the TUF finale a week later, Fedor/Werdum a week after that, then Lesnar/Carwin a week after that. Lots of good MMA in the next month.

Don't forget about the Strikeforce card on Showtime, June 16 in L.A. Pretty solid card on a Wednesday night.

:lift::wavetowel:pint:

I love when so many cards fall right in a row like this. Babalu vs. Robbie Lawler should be pretty good.

Hell yeah. Weekend after weekend. I love that ****.

I agree with you about 115. I like I said, cards that look useless usually turn out to be entertaining because the fighters are desperate to look great.

Hell yeah. Weekend after weekend. I love that ****.

I agree with you about 115. I like I said, cards that look useless usually turn out to be entertaining because the fighters are desperate to look great.

That's definitely true. The so-so cards seem to come through unexpectedly.

I actually find UFC 115 to be a very interesting card.

None of the fighters are looking at getting title shots from this card so in that respect the picture will remain static when the night is over, but- look at these matchups...

Franklin vs. Liddell- Much like Couture-Minotauro, this fight would have had people foaming at the mouth 4 years ago. True MMA fans should still want to see this fight. They've both had their tough run lately but comeon, these are two legends.

Mirko vs. Barry- Cro Cop is a shell of his former self but Barry's inexperience evens the odds.

Thiago vs. Kampmann- This is a sweet friggin' matchup.

Yvel vs. Rothwell- Brawling big punchers!

I'll be here and I hope my fellow thumbwrestlers will be here too.

Agreed. Also excited for the Condit fight like 98 said. Great matchups from Joe Silva for that night. Right now I've got money on Barry. I'll probably find a couple more fights to bet on. Should be pretty even odds across the board.

Don't forget about the Strikeforce card on Showtime, June 16 in L.A. Pretty solid card on a Wednesday night.

I'll be there for that one!

Agreed. Also excited for the Condit fight like 98 said. Great matchups from Joe Silva for that night. Right now I've got money on Barry. I'll probably find a couple more fights to bet on. Should be pretty even odds across the board.

I'm going to get signed up this weekend, I've been slacking on it. I'll be sure to refer you though.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-10-worst-mma-fights-of-all-time/

The 10 worst MMA fights of all time. It's not a good thing when two of the fighters on there have a main event coming up, Silva and Sonnen

LOL @ Harold Howard vs. Royce Gracie.

I'm glad Dana's doing this b/c I didn't order 113, now I can DVR it and have it to watch anytime.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/19437/ufc-counters-strikeforce-fedor-vs-werdum-with-ufc-113-replay-on-spike-tv.mma

UFC counters "Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Werdum" with UFC 113 replay on Spike TV

by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Jun 07, 2010 at 11:15 am ET

In its latest counter-programming move, the Ultimate Fighting Championship will air a replay of May's UFC 113 pay-per-view event for free on Spike TV on June 26 at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

The event featured the long-anticipated rematch between then-UFC light-heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida and challenger Mauricio "Shogun" Rua.

The replay counters a live Showtime broadcast of "Strikeforce and M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Werdum," which is headlined by famed heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko vs. Fabricio Werdum live from the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif.

The Showtime broadcast, which airs at 10 p.m. ET/PT, also features Strikeforce middleweight champ Cristiane "Cyborg" Santos vs. Jan Finney, Cung Le vs. Scott Smith, and Josh Thomson vs. Pat Healy.

In addition to Machida vs. "Shogun" II, the replay of UFC 113, which took place at Montreal's Bell Centre, features bouts such as Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson vs. Matt Mitrione, Sam Stout vs. Jeremy Stephens, Joe Doerksen vs. Tom Lawlor, Marcus Davis vs. Jonathan Goulet and Patrick Cote vs. Alan Belcher.

Spike TV, the UFC's cable home since 2005, began counter-programming in 2008 when UFC Fight Night 14 went head-to-head with "Affliction: Banned."

Since striking a deal with CBS and Showtime, though, Strikeforce has since been a frequent target of the UFC's counter-programming. For example, Strikeforce's first CBS-televised event, "Fedor vs. Rogers" in November, went against a "UFC Main Events" two-hour special that featured four major bouts from the UFC's 2009 calendar. Additionally, May's "Strikeforce St. Louis: Heavy Artillery" Showtime broadcast went up against a "UFC Ultimate Fights" special on Spike TV that featured some of the top UFC fights from 2010.

For more on UFC 113, including full event coverage, check out the UFC Events section of MMAjunkie.com.

Anybody taking Chuck this Saturday?? Besides MAYBE his family members? I have a feeling he might surprise us. Remember, he's lost to 2 of the top 3 in the division lately. Yes, by real bad KO...but I don't know if Rich can take one of his punches...however much zip he's lost on them. I'm feeling a back and forth fight with a few knockdowns.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Anybody taking Chuck this Saturday?? Besides MAYBE his family members? I have a feeling he might surprise us. Remember, he's lost to 2 of the top 3 in the division lately. Yes, by real bad KO...but I don't know if Rich can take one of his punches...however much zip he's lost on them. I'm feeling a back and forth fight with a few knockdowns.

I'm taking Rich for two reasons.

1. I like him better as a dude. Chuck's become a bit of a doucher.

2. I think Rich (despite the Silva debacles) still has the same fresh mind and craftsmanship about fighting. He's not showing signs of breakdown, whereas Liddell fights like a grandpa ex-marine. The punch is still there but the mechanics and delivery are not the same.

Puncher's chance for Chuck but an all around athletic advantage for Franklin.

From MMA Junkie

Koscheck suggests Olympic-style drug testing needed for St-Pierre fight; champ agrees

by John Morgan on Jun 07, 2010 at 9:15 pm ET

LAS VEGAS – It seems boxing champ Floyd Mayweather isn't the only fighter who believes Olympic-style drug testing should be more prevalent in combat sports.

At Monday's "The Ultimate Fighter 12" media day at the UFC Training Center in Las Vegas, opposing coaches Georges St-Pierre (20-2 MMA, 14-2 UFC) and Josh Koscheck (15-4 MMA, 13-4 UFC) both said they think a more stringent program should be in place for their December bout.

St-Pierre said he believes cheaters need to be caught now before performance-enhancing drugs ruin the sport, while Koscheck said from what he's heard, the champ might need to look in the mirror.

"From what I've heard from other fighters in other camps, yeah, [st-Pierre] has done steroids and HGH, possibly," Koscheck told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I don't know. This is just on hearsay information that I've gotten.

"B.J. Penn and his camp gave me a little phone call. They were saying, 'Yeah, he's on steroids. He's this; he's that.' I said, 'Yeah, there's a possibility.' The guy is pretty ripped all year round."

"I plan on making Georges stand toe-to-toe with me," Koscheck said. "This isn't going to be a wrestling match. I'm going to force him to stand-up with me because I believe he doesn't have knockout power. We've just got to pray to God that he doesn't grease up, and he gets off that juice so that we can equal things about it.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/19445/koscheck-suggests-olympic-style-drug-testing-needed-for-st-pierre-fight-champ-agrees.mma

And now for the urgent breaking news bulletin...Koscheck is an ass.

Edited by lovetoaster

So he Josh accuses GSP of using PEDs, throws BJ Penns camp under the bus, and then calls GSP weak. I can't wait to see GSP beat his ass agian. Any one that watch Kos/GSP 1 knows why Fuzzy Head doesn't want to wrestle GSP..... Because GSP mauled him.

I like Koscheck and his heel role but he's going to get a beatdown.

I just think it is possible to take the heel role too far, especially when you are dealing with someone that is better than you. He might be able to get into Paul Daley's head, but I don't think that is going to work with GSP.

I just think it is possible to take the heel role too far, especially when you are dealing with someone that is better than you. He might be able to get into Paul Daley's head, but I don't think that is going to work with GSP.

I don't think he'll get into GSP's head either. I think GSP is going to be extra motivated to finish him after all of the criticism from the Hardy fight.

BTW, this is for you guys:

e64dfc40.jpg

I've got Chuck winning. Rich won't be able to take Chuck down, and Chuck has better kick boxing than Rich. One of Chuck's problems is that he fought so many 5 rounders he tends to start slow in 3 rounders and get behind on the cards. Hope he fixes that.

One of Chuck's problems is that he fought so many 5 rounders he tends to start slow in 3 rounders and get behind on the cards. Hope he fixes that.

Good point. If he jumps on Rich early he'll finish it early, ala Silva and Belfort.

He should not underestimate Rich's one-punch power though. Think Nate Quarry. :)