Really hoping Spike picks up these prelims

PRELIMINARY CARD

* Brendan Schaub vs. Chris Tuchscherer

* Matt Brown vs. Chris Lytle

* Kendall Grove vs. Goran Reljic

* Jon Madsen vs. Karlos Vemola

* Julio Paulino vs. Daniel Roberts*

Very possible Fight of the Night comes from one of those

Yeah, from what I heard, they are going to be picking up the first two on that list. Brown and Lytle might not be the most technical of fights, but is almost sure to be an exciting one.

http://mmajunkie.com/event/705/bellator-fighting-championships-17.mma

Venue: Citi Performing Arts Center's Wang Theatre

Broadcast: FOX Sports Net

MAIN CARD

• Champ Eddie Alvarez vs. Josh Neer (non-title fight)
  • Pat Curran vs. Roger Huerta (lightweight tourney semifinal)
  • Toby Imada vs. Carey Vanier (lightweight tourney semifinal)
  • Pat Bennett vs. Cole Konrad

PRELIMINARY CARD

• Nate Kittredge vs. Justin Torrey
  • John Doyle vs. Greg Rebello
  • Dan Bonnell vs. Josh Laberge
  • Chuck O'Neil vs. Damian Vitale

Bellator has a good card tonight

:rotflmao: I hope meathead's face turns to meat chuck. I'm surprised he didn't talk about unleashing his "retard strength" on Kimbo.

That's awesome. I hope Kimbo knocks Mitrione out. What would be even better is if Kimbo somehow scored a RNC on him. :drooley:

Damn, Neer is tough as nails. That could be a long, drawn out, ugly beatdown from Eddie.

I think Alvarez is going to work Josh Neer over pretty good.

That's awesome. I hope Kimbo knocks Mitrione out. What would be even better is if Kimbo somehow scored a RNC on him. :drooley:

If it weren't for Kimbo's win over Houston Alexander, I'd say Mitrione was going to knock him out. However, Slice finally showed me some grit and power on the mat in that fight. Don't rule out a Meathead Crucifix though. Kimbo's a sucker for 'em.

I think Alvarez is going to work Josh Neer over pretty good.

I want Kimbo to win too, but I have a feeling Mitrione connects with his reach early. If Kimbo can keep his chin together he should win. And I think Alvarez will also beat Neer, but Neer seems like a glutton for punishment sometimes. If Alvarez doesn't finish him early then I expect Josh to look like he fought Edward Sissorhands.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Pat Curran just upset Roger Huerta

:cuss:

Before I went in here I thought about the belator buty I didn;t think it started on the East Coast yet and nobody talked about the other ones except for that stoppage. At least I don't know how Curran won....

Curse you, SU!

So, I have a dilemma now, and I'm not sure what I'm going to do. If you've seen my other posts here, I'm a pretty big Machida fan. I've been looking forward to this match since the last one. However, I have a new job now and I work overnight this Sat night, so I have to decide if I want to buy the PPV and take "lunch" right when the match starts, or hold off and pray I don't find out, and download it when I get home. I can't call off as I'm the only one that covers overnights right now.

As for the fight itself, I'm pretty ****ing nervous. I'm one of the few that believe Machida won (I score fights as I see them, and if I thought Shogun won, I would say so). I had Machida winning by a very very slim margin. I hope Machida ends this one early so there is no controversy, but I can see Shogun ending it too. As for the other fights, I got Mitrione over Slice, Daley over Kos, Belcher over Cote, and Stephens over Stout.

So, I have a dilemma now, and I'm not sure what I'm going to do. If you've seen my other posts here, I'm a pretty big Machida fan. I've been looking forward to this match since the last one. However, I have a new job now and I work overnight this Sat night, so I have to decide if I want to buy the PPV and take "lunch" right when the match starts, or hold off and pray I don't find out, and download it when I get home. I can't call off as I'm the only one that covers overnights right now.

As for the fight itself, I'm pretty ****ing nervous. I'm one of the few that believe Machida won (I score fights as I see them, and if I thought Shogun won, I would say so). I had Machida winning by a very very slim margin. I hope Machida ends this one early so there is no controversy, but I can see Shogun ending it too. As for the other fights, I got Mitrione over Slice, Daley over Kos, Belcher over Cote, and Stephens over Stout.

I totally feel where you're coming from bro, I had an overnight job for a year and a half and faced this same dilemma constantly. If you can time it perfectly by keeping up on website with play-by-play with your cell phone, definitely take lunch during the match.

Obviously you have to be extremely careful where you download the fight from. A lot of times if you google, for example, "Machida vs. Shogun 2 fight video"...the damn titles of the links will be **** like "Machida beats Shogun in rematch - fight video." Even the damn video will have a title above it saying something like "Shogun woops dat ass!"

I've been lucky a lot of times, being able to find a download where it doesn't announce the winner, but sometimes I've been informed of the winner while searching for the vid. Take the lunch break if you can time it right. If it takes you 15 minutes to get home and they go the full 25 you're going to have to get home right when Mirgliotta says, "otay letsh doit you two"

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I'll be shooting until 1am. I'm going DVR.

Working till 10pt (like always). this time I'll be dvr'ing and watching with friends after work instead of in my office.

I hear Lawlor was pretty funny at the weigh-ins. Pics should be good.

Opiate, I'll PM you a link to the fight if I find one. My site is pretty good but sometimes doesn't have them up right away. I hate waiting and then seeing how long the video is. I'll find the video and it will load real quick, I'll look down and see 6:52 and I'll know it was a quick one or it will say 32:10 and I'll know it when to decision. That always sucks.