Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

dude got dq'd for a knee that didnt even land

While that sucks it's understandable. One, he exaggerated the knee with a wind up so that it attracted so much attention the down fighter saw it coming and the ref couldn't miss it. The fighter in dodging it made it impossible to know in real time if his head kicked back to avoid or because it took a shot.

Lesson: Don't throw knee bombs at a guy that is obviously in a position making them illegal.

Pros who picked Aldo: 14

Pros who picked Faber: 7

Pros who couldn’t decide: 1

Faber is chaos and Aldo is controlled chaos.

Aldo is one of the fastest strikers I've ever seen in MMA. The guy is fast enough to use leg kicks as counters to both punches and kicks, landing them before the strike he is countering reaches him and often knocking his opponent off their feet. That's is crazy quickness when you can react to an attack and land yours first.

Having said that Faber is the perfect foil... he's a power fighter that can take you to the ground and pound you out. He's not some bum that will simply attempt a take down either, he's damn good and stronger than his size would suggest.

It will be interesting... I'm going with Aldo on this one. The guy is the latest crazied brazilian hell bent on kicking the worlds ass one victim at a time. There must be something in the water over there.

Edited by Destino

Not sure if this has been posted:

WEC Lightweight Division Will Eventually Merge with UFC

World Extreme Cagefighting’s lightweight fighters will eventually join the UFC’s 155-pound division, UFC President Dana White told USA Today, eliminating the final crossover weight class between the sister promotions.

“I think eventually what we do is, we’re going to continue to add to lighter weights, and you’ll end up seeing these (WEC) guys go into the UFC, the 155 pounders,” White said.

http://mmafrenzy.com/14159/wec-lightweight-division-will-eventually-merge-with-ufc/

Ben Henderson/Donald Cerrone vs BJ Penn? :)

Edited by Destino

WEC - Aldo vs. Faber Picks:

Antonio Banuelos vs. Scott Jorgensen: Jorgensen has gotten alot better since losing to Banuelos. i see him steamrolling Banuelos in this one.

Jorgensen by Submission, 2nd Round

Anthony Njokuani vs. Shane Roller: Njokuani has some of the best striking at 155, his reach and accuracy make him a hard matchup for most. Roller should look to use his wrestling pedigree, but he seems to be falling in love with the power in his hands. he has power, but his technique is sloppy. Njokuani avoids the takedown and flatlines Roller in the 3rd

Njokuani by (T)KO, 3rd Round

Mike Brown vs. Manny Gamburyan: i dont really see how Gamburyan can win this fight. stranger things have happened though

Brown by Unanimous Decision

Benson Henderson vs. Donald Cerrone: Benson went through hell to eek out a razor thin decision in their first fight. this fight comes down to how much Cerrone has improved his takedown defense, its really the only element missing in his game. Cerrone applied some lethal submissions only to find that Benson has no bones and can hold his breath for an ungodly amount of time. I cant see Benson escaping all those submission attempts for another 5 rounds. Henderson will get the takedowns, but Cerrone will find a hold that Benson wont be able to escape

Cerrone by Submission, 4th Round

Jose Aldo vs. Urijah Faber: Faber's fast, Aldo is faster. Aldo has power and technique in his strikes. the main difference between the two is that Faber is reckless with his standup while Aldo does crazy **** but its much more controlled. the only shot i give Faber rests in his scrambling ability. i dont think he can take Aldo down off a straight shot, but Faber scrambles into positions better than most. maybe he catches Aldo off balance and scrambles him to the ground and finally test Aldo's ground game (which his training partners say is better than his striking). realistically, i see Aldo using his reach, speed, & aggressiveness to pick Faber apart on the feet leading to a stoppage

Aldo by (T)KO, 3rd Round

Edited by StillUnknown

hwg30m.gif

dude got dq'd for a knee that didnt even land

Just caught up on TUF. I'm not so sure that knee didn't connect. It just takes a hard graze in the right spot. I think that may have hit that spot. I also agree that the knee probably broke his hand. I love the wildcard rule. Two guys already look likely for it only a few weeks in.

WEC: Paper View the results, picks:

Mike Brown vs. Manny Gamburyan: Have a weird feeling about this fight. Brown is not a busy fighter and waits for people to walk in to his power. He moves slow for this weightclass. If Gamburyan stays busy and away from Brown's power, he can pull this out. Unanimous Decision, Gamburyan.

Ben Henderson vs. Donald Cerrone: I have a feeling this will be another incredible scrap. These guys just match up so perfectly. I think there will be a finish here, and I think it will be Henderson getting an advantageous position rolling out of a sub attempt. Cerrone has never been finished, but Henderson's had to train getting out of subs for hours a day knowing who he's fighting. Cerrone suffers another loss to Henderson. Henderson, TKO G&P, round 3.

Jose Aldo vs. Urijah Faber: Faber has had his time. He's a hell of an entertaining fighter. But like I said, while he is chaos, Aldo is controlled chaos. Aldo is like Anderson Silva and the old Takanori Gomi all wrapped up in to one small package. He's got incredible accuracy and intense killer instinct. Faber will come to fight and will look good for a second, but Aldo will catch him. Aldo, TKO G&P, round 2.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Jung is beating the hell out of Garcia

this is one of the craziest fights i've ever seen

i never thought i'd see Garcia get on his bicycle, smart strategy, but never thought he'd do it.

easily fight of the year thus far

i thought Zombie won that fight, dont agree with that decision at all

Edited by StillUnknown