Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

hopefully that gets Shogun back to the Shogun of old

hard to gauge where he really is since chuck is a shell of his former self, but any good performance for Shogun has to build his confidence

Chucks chin is glass now, that wasnt that hard of a shot from Rua. I'd like to see Rua vs Franklin in the future after the wandy fight.

Chucks chin is glass now, that wasnt that hard of a shot from Rua. I'd like to see Rua vs Franklin in the future after the wandy fight.

the initial shot was flush though, and the hammerfists probably weren't soft. lol

Shogun vs. Franklin is a great matchup that i'd like to see

wtf was that?:doh:

Leites & Anderson Silva are both a joke, never seen a "fight" like this.

How the hell can you blame Silva for Leites falling down and pulling guard every minute? This fight showed that the Middleweight division has NO ONE to compete with Silva at the moment. And I hope that Leites's contract with the UFC gets terminated, that was a piss poor showing by him.

How the hell can you blame Silva for Leites falling down and pulling guard every minute? This fight showed that the Middleweight division has NO ONE to compete with Silva at the moment. And I hope that Leites's contract with the UFC gets terminated, that was a piss poor showing by him.

I agree. Anderson would have thrown down if Leites had actually come after him at all. I kept waiting for it, but in the last two rounds it was like he knew he couldn't win no matter what, and didn't want to get hurt bad trying. I was actually laughing at some of the stuff Silva was doing. He punched him in the leg while standing up lol.

Leites laid down a lot, which was piss poor, but Silva wasn't pushing the fight on the feet either. I'm used to Silva playing around in the first and maybe even second rounds, sizing up his opponent, getting in their heads, stalking them, etc., but he certainly could have pushed it more on the feet.

That being said, I highly doubt Leites will be fighting in the UFC again after that crapshow...at least on a maincard.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Joe Rogan just needs to STFU. Jeez he's a freaking idiot. He practically retired Chuck by himself in the post-fight interview. I agree that Liddell's done, but don't interview the guy like that. Good Lord. Between his dumb ass and Goldberg I'm about to start watching these shows on mute. Can we get Couture or someone else in there to commentate? Please?

Edited by Special K

That was horrible... We were actually pretty dead for a UFC night, so we got to watch it... All 3 bartenders were like "WTF? People want to watch this crap?" It was a pretty tame crowd too, which was good...

Noone cheered like they usually do during the fights, must have been a bad UFC...

I want my money back. Worst. Event. Ever.

i didn't pay and i feel i like i should be financially compensated

Anderson should've pressed the fight sooner, but its kinda hard to get anything to land flush when Leites flops to the ground as soon as Anderson swung.

note to Dana & Joe Silva, put Anderson in with someone who actually poses a threat next time. his two worst fights in the UFC are with fighters that, outside of their training camp, nobody cared if they received the title shot

Edited by StillUnknown

Kind of ****ty...the Strikeforce card was better and it was free :laugh:

Anderson got pushed to 5 rounds, I liked that but I hated the way Leites kept dropping and hoping to pull guard. It was just a different version of what Kalib Starnes did last year. It was obvious that Anderson wasn't going to drop down and go to the mat with him but he kept trying. IMO he was doing it to shorten his standup time with Anderson but whatever.

Chuck. Man oh man, hate to say it but it's time to hang em up buddy. I could see him going HW and trying his luck b/c his speed obviously isn't there but according to Dana he's going to retire.