Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

sebowski...im getting the fight at my pad if you wanna roll out.

62"

beer pong

bbq

Thanks but I can't make it. I'll be working until I can sneak out. A friend in my building is ordering it and pausing it until I get off work.

I don't think I'll ever be able to make one with this new job.

I am going to go to the WEC on the 25th at Sports Arena though. Are you up for that?

Biggest card in a lone time. Let's see some picks people!

Yushin Okami (#5 Middleweight in the World)* vs. Dean Lister

This on isn't going to be televised, but it is an important fight. Lister losses and I don;t see him coming back. Okami wins and he is right back in the title picture; he loses and he may be gone. Okami is a boring fighter and Dana does not have a lot of patience for those. If you are going to be boring, you better win.

Okami by decision

Cheick Kongo (12-4-1) vs. Mustapha Al-Turk (6-3)

If Kongo can keep a fight on the feet he can be a very entertaining and dangerous fighter that would provide for a ton of great fights. If he hits the ground he's a tomato can. I think the fight stays up enough for a

Kongo KO

C.B. “The Doberman” Dollaway (7-1) vs. Mike “The Master of Disaster” Massenzio (11-2)

I guess CB beat this guy in a JuCo Wrestling tourney a few years back so they'll probably try to drum up some "bad blood" here. CB still has a lot to prove for me to pick him. "The Master of Disaster" at least has a good UFC win under his belt.

Massenzio by Sub

Quinton “Rampage” Jackson (28-7) vs. Wanderlei “The Axe Murderer” Silva (32-8-1)

I can't wait for this one. Should be a total war. Wanderlei owned Rampage big time twice before. I think he does it again.

Axe Murderer by knee through skull

UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Forrest Griffin (16-4) vs. Rashad Evans (12-0-1)

I'm not a fan of Rashad. That said, the man knows how to not lose fights. He trains with the best and always has a great gameplan. He said he training partners that do everything Forrest can do, only better. Unless he is really fighting any of those people, he forgot about what Forrest does best: fight. Forrest may not be the best boxer, JJ guy, or Wrestler, but when it comes down to just fighting he is at the top of the heap right now. He can take a hell of a punch, he hits hard, and he is great at getting people off their game and into a fight. I think he does the same to Rashad.

Forrest. ...lets go with a triangle.

UFC Heavyweight Champion Antonio Rodrigo “Minotauro” Nogueira (31-4-1) vs. Frank Mir (11-3)

Nogueira is one the greatest fighters of all time. Mir is a jackass.

Nog by submission

rampage vs silva - there is no way i see rampage getting that many knees to the dome again. although i could see this fight going either way I have a bet on Rampage so thats what im going with.

Rampage by TKO.

Forrest vs Rashad - Forrest!! Forrest!! Forrest!! Thats what i expect to hear from the crown after he dismantles Rashad. He is too strong, too tough and loves to fight too much to get beaten up by Rashad. I think Rashad thinks TOO highly of that Chuck knockout and will try to come out showboating like he always does and get beaten up by a stronger, meaner Forrest.

Forrest by TKO

Nog vs Mir - I really like Nog but Mir just seems like he is on a mission. I think that Mir is going to beat Nog but only because Nog is going to mess up some place seeting up a second Mir vs Brock.

Mir by submission..

Edited by BigMike619

Cheick Kongo (12-4-1) vs. Mustapha Al-Turk (6-3)

I have never seen nor heard of Mustapha Al-Turk.

Kongo KO

C.B. “The Doberman” Dollaway (7-1) vs. Mike “The Master of Disaster” Massenzio (11-2)

CB needs to show me more too. I'll give him the nod in this one but I want to see more than I think I will.

Dolloway by decision

Quinton “Rampage” Jackson (28-7) vs. Wanderlei “The Axe Murderer” Silva (32-8-1)

I'd imagine it's real hard to beat a guy three times. I'm hoping Wandy can do it because this fight is the first of a 3 part bet with Lando.

Axe Murderer by knee through skull

UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Forrest Griffin (16-4) vs. Rashad Evans (12-0-1)

If Forrest doesn't make any mistakes, he could get a late sub. I just don't see him being as complete a fighter as Rashad has become. He better take away Evans' legs like he did Jackson's because Rashad is on a roll. I've got Evans in part 2 of the sig bet and that creates a conflict for me because I'll be pulling for Griffin.

Forrest by decision.

UFC Heavyweight Champion Antonio Rodrigo “Minotauro” Nogueira (31-4-1) vs. Frank Mir (11-3)

Nogueira is one the greatest fighters of all time. Mir is a badass. Part 3 of my bet with Skins Orlando.

Nog by choke.

UFC 92: "Kneed to order this one" (picks)

Cheick Kongo vs. Mostapha Al-Turk: I'm not sleeping on anything after what happened to Fabricio Werdum. Although, Fabricio was looking physically terrible in his fight with the "no name" he just lost to. That said, Kongo looked somewhat fit, for Mr. Olympia standards, at the weigh-ins. Apparently Al-Turk is a G&P guy. Kongo has looked better on the ground, and he is a very formidable striker. I'll take the favorite here. Kongo, TKO, LLLLiver shot, round 2.

CB Dollaway vs. Mike Massenzio: This is a fight between two very good wrestlers. These guys actually wrestled each other in college and CB defeated Mike. This is a toss up, either guy could fall in to a RNC. I'll go with the perceived upset, to keep my riddum consistant. Massenzio, split decision.

Wanderlei Silva vs. Quinton Jackson: Since when was the main event in the middle of the card? Anyway, I'm sensing a little uncertainty in the words of Silva fans. So many have hopped on the bandwagon, so many have been describing the epic thrashing Rampage will be getting by using biblical terminology, that it's almost as if they are compensating for being a little uncertain. And they should be. Wanderlei lost three fights in a row before giving Keith Jardine a mini-seizure. He has won 3 fights in 3 years. All while Rampage was rolling along until a tough decision loss to Forrest. The only fighter that Rampage had a lot of trouble with since getting handled by the Chuteboxers was Matt Lindland. Otherwise he has been looking real good. My gut says Rampage will win, but I think if he gets popped, all the memories of almost dying at the hands of the guy standing in front of him will come back. With all the stress going on in Rampage's life, don't be surprised if you see an Oliver McCall vs. Lennox Lewis moment. I expect a war. Wanderlei, Unanimous decision.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Frank Mir (Interim Heavyweight Championship): I like Frank Mir, it's just hard to believe he is in Big Nog's league. It's a bad matchup for Mir, his bread and butter is void against Nog, we all know that. I can see Mir getting a high kick to drop Nog, ala Heath Herring. Mir needs to land something big, we should see some tricks up his sleeve tonight, and a cast. Nog, arm bar, round 1.

Forrest Griffin vs. Rashad Evans (Light Heavyweight Championship): Rashad looked VERY athletic against Chuck Liddell. He was jumping around more than ever. Although, Chuck's prowling, beer-guzzlin' butt would make Mark Hunt look like Miguel Torres. That said, Rashad looked better than ever even before he landed the epic right. Team Jackson is a force to be reckoned with. Tonight, they face the other mega-camp, Xtreme Couture. Forrest has had a mean look in his eyes lately, like he's finally comfortable and completely confident. Even when he gets in to trouble, he doesn't panic. I think he has more fun out there than anyone. Every situation presents something exciting for him, even if he gets put on his ass. I just think Rashad poses too many fight-ending threats. He is a G&P fighter to the core, with a fast standup game to boot. Forrest wants to get this in to the later rounds, but I don't think it will happen. Rashad, TKO, round 2.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Cheick Kongo vs. Al-Turk: don't know much at all about Kongo's opponent. he'd be an idiot to stand with Kongo. Kongo has very nice combo's for a HW and is very fluid with his strikes, if he goes to the ground he's like a fish out of water. I'll take Kongo sometime in the 2nd round by ref stoppage.

Kongo by TKO, 2nd Round

CB Dollaway vs. Mike Massenzio: don't know much about Dollaway's opponent other than he's a credible wrestler. hopefully this won't be a position battle on the ground, although Dollaway has shown some ground skill (peruvian neck-tie sub in his last fight). i'll flip a coin for this fight because thats how i much i care to see it.

the coin landed tails, so Dollaway wins by something

Wanderlei Silva vs. Rampage Jackson: if Jackson hasn't learned to watch those damn knees by now, he deserves to be knee'd into the new year. that being said, i'm thinking Rampage will try to repeatedly take Wandy down and work some ground n pound. Wandy has a black belt, but never seems to use it much. i'm going against all common thought, and say rampage lands a good ground n pound shot to end the fight in the 2nd round.

Rampage by TKO, 2nd Round

Big Nog vs. Frank Mir: Mir has all of 8 minutes to end this fight. mir has never shown the ability to not gas if the fight goes beyond 5min. Nog is one of my 3 favorite fighters ever, if he is stopped by Mir, i just may shed a tear :(. Nog is coming into this fight the heaviest of any fight in his career, which concerns me a little. all that said, Nog is better at every area of MMA when compared to Mir. if it stays standing, Nog will have Mir bleeding quickly. if it hits the ground, Nog is great at sweeping everybody. Nog wins this by TKO of some sort after Mir gasses

Big Nog by TKO, 3rd Round

Forrest Griffin vs. Rashad Evans: Forrest is a big sum**** for LHW. Rashad could easily cut to 185. for all of Forrest's strength, he doesn't possess 1 strike KO power, Rashad does. Rashad is in a similar spot as Mir, as he should look to end the fight in the first 3 rounds. after that i expect Rashad to gas, Forrest will never gas, which i think will be the determing factor in the fight.

Forrest Griffin by Unanimous Decision

if Mir sees the end of a 25 minute fight, i'll eat this computer

I feel you on that, and did consider that before my prediction. But I just get the feeling that Mir is in no way taking this fight lightly and is working on his stamina cause he knows its gonna be a long fight. It's a risky pick but im sticking with it. And for the record, this is the only way I see Mir winning this fight. I HIGHLY doubt he is gonna be able to sub Nog. Nog isnt Lesnar and isnt gonna make a mistake like that leaving himself wide open.

Professional Fighters Picks for the 3 Big Fights:

http://sherdog.com/news/articles/pros-picks-griffin-vs-evans-15593

Pros who picked Griffin: 17

Pros who picked Evans: 14

Pros who couldn’t decide: 2

http://sherdog.com/news/articles/Pros-Picks-Nogueira-vs-Mir-15584

Pros who picked Nog: 30

Pros who picked Mir: 4

Pros who couldn’t decide: 1

http://sherdog.com/news/articles/Pros-Picks-Silva-vs-Jackson-III-15587

Pros who picked Rampage: 10

Pros who picked Silva: 20

Pros who couldn’t decide: 5

Professional Fighters Picks for the 3 Big Fights:

http://sherdog.com/news/articles/pros-picks-griffin-vs-evans-15593

Pros who picked Griffin: 17

Pros who picked Evans: 14

Pros who couldn’t decide: 2

http://sherdog.com/news/articles/Pros-Picks-Nogueira-vs-Mir-15584

Pros who picked Nog: 30

Pros who picked Mir: 4

Pros who couldn’t decide: 1

http://sherdog.com/news/articles/Pros-Picks-Silva-vs-Jackson-III-15587

Pros who picked Rampage: 10

Pros who picked Silva: 20

Pros who couldn’t decide: 5

The people who picked Mir must train with him. I'm drawing a blank to any other reason why they would pick him.