Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I'll bet whoever wants to that Lesnar destroys Nog. Lesnar will overwhelm him thier is 0 chance Nog hurts him standing and i truly believe Lesnar can knock him out if he chooses to keep it standing. Lesnar has knocked down all 3 opponents in the UFC with virtual ease and KO'd Randy with a glancing shot.

The only way NOG gets the fight to the ground is if Lesnar takes it to the mat. I think Brock is to strong and big in his upperbody to be caught in a submission from the guard atleast a upperbody submission. It will take a some sorta ankle lock or knee bar to tap him.

I know everyone is saying Nog has never been finished etc but he will be in this fight its just to much man. I love Nog he has 1 of the biggest hearts in MMA but i think its a terrible matchup for him. And lets be honest he has'nt looked that impressive standing since joining the UFC, big Tim was working him over before getting subbed and Herring had him out, but he let him get up that fight was over and shoulda been his 1st KO loss.

If i'm Brock i standup and bang the fight will go wherever Brock wants it to. He will dictate everything in this fight.

Nog has never been finished. Never. If Fedor couldn't finish him, I don't give Brock too much of a chance. His chin is like iron.

I'll bet whoever wants to that Lesnar destroys Nog. Lesnar will overwhelm him thier is 0 chance Nog hurts him standing and i truly believe Lesnar can knock him out if he chooses to keep it standing. Lesnar has knocked down all 3 opponents in the UFC with virtual ease and KO'd Randy with a glancing shot.

The only way NOG gets the fight to the ground is if Lesnar takes it to the mat. I think Brock is to strong and big in his upperbody to be caught in a submission from the guard atleast a upperbody submission. It will take a some sorta ankle lock or knee bar to tap him.

I know everyone is saying Nog has never been finished etc but he will be in this fight its just to much man. I love Nog he has 1 of the biggest hearts in MMA but i think its a terrible matchup for him. And lets be honest he has'nt looked that impressive standing since joining the UFC, big Tim was working him over before getting subbed and Herring had him out, but he let him get up that fight was over and shoulda been his 1st KO loss.

If i'm Brock i standup and bang the fight will go wherever Brock wants it to. He will dictate everything in this fight.

Nog pulled guard on Timmay which led to his demise. i think if Nog has a hard time standing with Lesnar, he'll pull guard or half guard and try to work some type of leg submission.

i honestly don't see Lesnar being subbed with any attempts to his upper body. i think he's strong enough to pull out any armbar attempts and he has no neck so you can't choke him

I don't watch a whole lot of UFC, but I did watch last nights fight as well as the one last month with Silva...First two fights I watched in awhile. I'll be honest that I'm that guy who only wants to see the main card, I take little interest in the other fights. Although that uppercut in the welterweight? fight was ****ing incredible.

Anyway, from a n00b point of view, no way Couture could have won last night. I understand the experience and technical factors and know that Couture is a great fighter...but you can't give up 13 years, 45 pounds AND 6 inches of reach. IMO, it was only a matter of time before Lesnar reached out and tagged him good on his head and then jumped on him, which is exactly what happened.

I dunno who's got a good shot at beating Lesnar as I'm not a huge fan...but I'll definitely be interested to watch the next fight.

And no, I won't be wearing any Affliction or Tapout crap. :)

Nog has never been finished. Never. If Fedor couldn't finish him, I don't give Brock too much of a chance. His chin is like iron.

I know this, but Nog has'nt looked that great since joining the UFC and leaving pride and Herring layed him out but did'nt pounce. I think Brock is the only guy out thier to even give Fedor a fight right now.

Some people don't wanna believe Brock is the real deal but this guy is a freaking monster and a great athlete. For all the talk about his wrestling he has pretty good hands with serious power he dropped Mir,Herring and Randy all pretty easily.

I see Brock Ko'ing Nog.:2cents:

I know this, but Nog has'nt looked that great since joining the UFC and leaving pride and Herring layed him out but did'nt pounce. I think Brock is the only guy out thier to even give Fedor a fight right now.

Some people don't wanna believe Brock is the real deal but this guy is a freaking monster and a great athlete. For all the talk about his wrestling he has pretty good hands with serious power he dropped Mir,Herring and Randy all pretty easily.

I see Brock Ko'ing Nog.:2cents:

I will take a bet. Are we talking KO is the same as TKO?

I don't watch a whole lot of UFC, but I did watch last nights fight as well as the one last month with Silva...First two fights I watched in awhile. I'll be honest that I'm that guy who only wants to see the main card, I take little interest in the other fights. Although that uppercut in the welterweight? fight was ****ing incredible.

Anyway, from a n00b point of view, no way Couture could have won last night. I understand the experience and technical factors and know that Couture is a great fighter...but you can't give up 13 years, 45 pounds AND 6 inches of reach. IMO, it was only a matter of time before Lesnar reached out and tagged him good on his head and then jumped on him, which is exactly what happened.

I dunno who's got a good shot at beating Lesnar as I'm not a huge fan...but I'll definitely be interested to watch the next fight.

And no, I won't be wearing any Affliction or Tapout crap. :)

Now that he beat Randy, I think Lesnar's biggest challenges aren't in the UFC.

Unfortunately the UFC prob has him under contract for a several more fights but aside from Nogueria no one else in the UFC can challenge him IMO.

Right now I'd like to see him in Affliction. I think a lot of guys there can give him a good challenge.

Andrei Arlovski would be a hell of a test on the feet for Lesnar, Josh Barnett would be a hell of a match because he is only about 10-15 pounds smaller than Lesnar and I think he could break one of Lesnar's limbs. Tim Sylvia would be a good challenge and of course Fedor would be the biggest challenge he'd ever face.

I've got my fingers crossed that if Affliction is going under it happens while Lesnar is still destroying people so the UFC can snatch these guys up and make these matches happen.

Barnett vs Lesnar would be bad ass, I don't Arvloski could hang, he just hasn't had the same intensity for awhile now and of course, Fedor is Fedor.

Barnett and Lesnar would be incredible.

And I am already getting tired of the booing of Lesnar at events. I am not his biggest fan, but I realize (and knew from the start) that he is a supreme athlete, not just some WWE freakshow.

Too many "hardcore" MMA fans that can give me a mental play-by-play of the Ultimate Ultimate are never going to be convinced that he is a legitimate force that is going to end up being dominant. I think Nog beats Lesnar, but in about two years, I don't think anybody is going to want to face him. He is only going to get better, and that is scary.

And at that point, people are still going to boo.

I cringed after the fight to see what he was going to do, just because I thought he made himself look dumb after the Herring fight. I did not really see it as disrespectful to Herring, I just thought it was dumb.

But Lesnar was respectful to Randy in his interview and was obviously respectful when he immediately went over to him after the fight.

And speaking of the interview, I know people want to hear from Randy, he is a legend. But Rogan talked to Lesnar for what, a minute? He is the new freaking champ. I wanted to hear from Randy too, but not for three times as long as the new champion.

Oh well, rant over.

Brock is a beast. No doubt about it. He has a great clinch, a dangerous standup...something most people didn't expect him to develop so fast. Putting Mir down by catching his leg kick and punching him was impressive, as was smacking Herring with the straight right and controlling him the entire fight.

But Brock hasn't faced a kickboxer, and has been knee barred. Yes, by a jiu jitsu expert, but kneebars are rare to see nowadays. Brock faces challenges against jiu jitsu fighters if he doesn't gain dominant positions to release his instantanious fury. He has seemed to pick up transitions on the ground outsandingly. His transitions against Herring came with ease. And his move to side control against Mir was incredible. But Randy got up after he was taken down. If little Randy can get himself out from under 275 lbs, I think Lesnar is at risk of getting swept or guillotined if the fight is stalled on the ground.

He won't be able to power-curl out of an armbar or flex his neck to dislocate an elbow trying to RNC him. Great leverage and positioning almost always defeats great strength.

Brock will likely take some losses, he might get caught, but everybody gets caught. Even King Fedor of MMA has been severly wobbled before in his fight against Fujita. Not to mention almost getting his neck broken against "The Monster".

Before Lesnar fans turn their rifles' on me, let me just say that I think he has the tools to beat anybody in the UFC. He is a great dictator. When he gains momentum, he is perhaps one of the best finshers, already. But every matchup at HW is very different. If you look at all the fighters, almost all of them have different strengths and weaknesses. Brock is a legit UFC fighter, he deserves to be in the big leagues, and he has suddenly made the HW belt the most intriguing among the spectrum of MMA fans.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

i was actively rooting for Lesnar because i thought his victory would add some much needed excitement to the UFC's HW division.

the only downfall to that is i won't get to see one of my dream matchups of Randy vs. Big Nog. they were in the same tournament in another org years ago, but Randy lost in the semis i believe and Nog won the tourney. there's only a slim chance this fight gets made in the future now.

Edited by StillUnknown

i was actively rooting for Lesnar because i thought his victory would add some much needed excitement to the UFC's HW division.

the only downfall to that is i won't get to see one of my dream matchups of Randy vs. Big Nog. they were in the same tournament in another org years ago, but Randy lost in the semis i believe and Nog won the tourney. there's only a slim chance this fight gets made in the future now.

I'm sure if Mir beats Nog, Dana will throw it together for the "third place trophy".

wow, this thread turned a lot in to like my phone did with text messages. a grip of people being really agro (including myself) and a lot of name caling and general hostility. i am glad it is over.

i finally talked to slacky and we made it to the same page.

i paid off sebowski 2 fold last night and it was worth it. good times bro :cheers:

But Brock hasn't faced a kickboxer, and has been knee barred. Yes, by a jiu jitsu expert, but kneebars are rare to see nowadays. Brock faces challenges against jiu jitsu fighters if he doesn't gain dominant positions to release his instantanious fury. He has seemed to pick up transitions on the ground outsandingly. His transitions against Herring came with ease. And his move to side control against Mir was incredible. But Randy got up after he was taken down. If little Randy can get himself out from under 275 lbs, I think Lesnar is at risk of getting swept or guillotined if the fight is stalled on the ground.

heath herring is a kickboxer. his kickboxing was good enough to drop noguiera twice, and beat check kongo. also, nogueira was kneebarred by ricco rodriguez. what does that mean? it means you cant play mmath, especially with heavyweights. you cannot compare a wrestlers inate ability to get out from bottom with a jiujitsu fighter. it is night and day. just because randy did it, doesnt mean noguira or mir can. weight doesnt play into getting out from bottom, simple positioning does. the same with takedowns. because randy at 220 with literally 40 years of wrestling experience can stuff a takedown and get up, doesnt mean nogueira with no competivie wrestling experience can because he weighs 250.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=7605&zoneid=13

MAIN EVENT FIGHTERS

– Brock Lesnar ($450,000/win bonus was $200,000) def. Randy Couture ($250,000/win bonus would have been $250,000)

MAIN CARD FIGHTERS

– Kenny Florian ($80,000/win bonus was $40,000) def. Joe Stevenson ($35,000/win bonus would have been $35,000)

– Gabriel Gonzaga ($110,000/win bonus was $55,000) def. Josh Hendricks ($8,000/win bonus would have been $8,000)

– Dustin Hazelett ($28,000/win bonus was $11,000) def. Tamdan McCrory ($10,000/win bonus would have been $10,000)

*Hazelett also earned an extra $60,000 for “UFC 91 Submission of the Night”

– Demian Maia ($40,000/win bonus was $20,000) def. Nate Quarry ($25,000/win bonus would have been $25,000)

PRELIMINARY CARD FIGHTERS

– Aaron Riley ($8,000/win bonus was $4,000) def. Jorge Gurgel ($10,000/win bonus would have been $10,000)

*Each fighter also earned an extra $60,000 for “UFC 91 Fight of the Night”

– Jeremy Stephens ($16,000/win bonus was $8,000) def. Rafael Dos Anjos ($4,000/win bonus would have been $4,000)

*Stephens also earned an extra $60,000 for “UFC 91 Knockout of the Night”

– Mark Bocek ($18,000/win bonus was $9,000) def. Alvin Robinson ($7,000/win bonus would have been $7,000)

– Matt Brown ($16,000/win bonus was $8,000) def. Ryan Thomas ($3,000/win bonus would have been $3,000)

UFC 91 DISCLOSED FIGHTER PAYROLL: $1,118,000

wow, this thread turned a lot in to like my phone did with text messages. a grip of people being really agro (including myself) and a lot of name caling and general hostility. i am glad it is over.

i paid off sebowski 2 fold last night and it was worth it. good times bro :cheers:

Took you long enough to start making some sense ;)

heath herring is a kickboxer. his kickboxing was good enough to drop noguiera twice, and beat check kongo. also, nogueira was kneebarred by ricco rodriguez. what does that mean? it means you cant play mmath, especially with heavyweights. you cannot compare a wrestlers inate ability to get out from bottom with a jiujitsu fighter. it is night and day. just because randy did it, doesnt mean noguira or mir can. weight doesnt play into getting out from bottom, simple positioning does. the same with takedowns. because randy at 220 with literally 40 years of wrestling experience can stuff a takedown and get up, doesnt mean nogueira with no competivie wrestling experience can because he weighs 250.

Ricco sub'd nog in submission wrestling not mma, two completely different arenas

i think randy & nog have different ways of getting off the ground. randy just doesn't like being there period so he tries to stand up. nog doesn't mind being on his back so he'll sacrifice some damage if it means he can get a better position for a sweep or submission.

You're right, Herring was a kickboxer, he got friggen kissed before a fight and KO'd that dude, how could I forget. :rolleyes:

But never did I say that Nog or Mir would want to get up from the bottom, why would they?

I think if Randy found breathing room down there to get back to his feet, it will be 10 times worse if Nog finds the same kind of breathing room and pulls a sub. Brock's size is an advantage when he's on top, if you don't agree then we just have a difference of opinion. My point wasn't that Nog and Mir would want to get out from under Brock. Hell, why would they even try to stuff a takedown? If I were in Nog's corner, I'd tell him to happily pull guard. My point is that Nog and Mir would be able to utilize their jits on a virtual novice of the game. Sure, one of Brock's best bets to finish the fight is to hammerfist to a W, but if he doesn't he might want to get up ASAP. Just a hunch. Otherwise, I see Brock being a dangerous fight for both Mir and Nog.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=7617&zoneid=13

Following a disappointing performance in his last fight for World Extreme Cagefighting, MMAWeekly.com has confirmed with sources close to the situation that Paulo Filho has been released from his existing contract and will not make the move to the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

Many of the middleweights and light heavyweights from the WEC roster were expected to make the move after the promotion downsized those two weight classes in order to focus more on the lighter weight classes in the organization.

Filho was undefeated in his mixed martial arts career before dropping a lackluster decision to Chael Sonnen in their rematch earlier in November.

Before moving to the WEC, Filho had been a star in the Pride organization and was expected to make waves at 185 pounds when he began fighting in the United States, but unfortunately at this time he will have to look for a new fight home.

i think everybody saw this coming after his last performance

UFC's White is ready to bring Carano in to the fold

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/mma_experts/post/UFC-s-White-is-ready-to-bring-Carano-into-the-fo?urn=mma,123060

In a sudden change of heart, UFC president Dana White said that he's willing to promote women's fighting. Neil Davidson of the Canadian Press reported that White told fans during a Q & A session in Toronto that he is interested female fighter Gina Carano. White said that he would welcome Carano (pictured on the right) to fight under Zuffa's World Extreme Cagefighting banner:

"Gina Carano is a star, I think she's talented. I think she's got all the tools, so what I'm willing to do is bring Gina into the WEC. We could do fights whenever there's a challenger for Gina. That's how I'll test the waters and see how it goes."

In the past, White has consistently said that he wasn't interested in promoting female MMA:

"I'm not a huge fan of women fighting. Period. Not to say that I don't acknowledge that there are amazing female athletes out there in every sport. I just think right now we had a hard enough time getting over the stigma of the men"

This could be a huge boost for Carano and the WEC. She gets to continue fighting on free television on Versus and the WEC could see a nice ratings boost.

Carano's previous promoter, EliteXC went out of business three weeks ago. Unless there's some unforeseen legal hurdles, Carano is a free agent. On CBS, she was a ratings monsters drawing a combined 10 million-plus viewers in two fights against Kaitlin Young and Kelly Kobold that ranked amongst the top 10 highest viewed fights in mixed martial arts history.

No post about Gina should go without pics

gina-carano-as-natasha-volkova.jpg

3956-Carano.jpg

gina_carano.jpg

Yeah, despite the crappy game it was a great time. Wish I could go to more games. Hopefully the Skins get flexed into some more night games.

UFC Cuts Fitch; Koscheck, Others Could Follow

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/ufc-cuts-fitch-koscheck-others-could-follow-15235

Jon Fitch, who went five rounds with UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre in August, received notice Wednesday that the UFC has released him.

MMAMania.com was the first to report the dismissal. Fitch told Hardcore Sports Radio’s “Sports Rage” on Wednesday that he was cut from the promotion after he’d refused to sign an agreement that would have relinquished his likeness rights for a UFC video game.

Fitch said he submitted a signed bout agreement Tuesday to fight Akihiro Gono at UFC 94 on Jan. 31, but the UFC terminated it, along with his promotional contract.

“I had two fights left on my contract, but they always put a clause in the contract that if you lose a fight, they’re able to release you at any time after a loss,” Fitch told “Sports Rage” host Garbriel Morency. “That’s pretty standard with any organization, but it’s pretty incredible that they’d go to those lengths for something like this, over a video game.”

Fitch, a Purdue University wrestling standout, said his refusal to sign the agreement for a UFC video game -- set for release by THQ in 2010 -- wasn’t based on compensation.

“The video game agreement that they have that they wanted us to sign was basically we don‘t get anything for it,” he told Morency. “We get free publicity and promotion from the game, which is great, no problem. The problem is it’s a lifetime exclusive contract. That means we would never ever be able to work with any video game companies other than the one the UFC provides.”

Fitch told Hardcore Sports Radio he was not adverse to the contract necessarily, but in the way it was presented to his management.

“They basically kicked the door open, guns blazing, pointed it in our face and said, ‘Sign this or you’re going to pay,’” Fitch said.

Fitch said that, to his knowledge, UFC President Dana White had given his representatives the ultimatum to sign or be scrapped even though the fighter’s reps tried to negotiate a five or 10-year deal for the video game rights.

In an interview with Yahoo Sports on Wednesday, White said the UFC would no longer do business with the American Kickboxing Academy, Fitch’s San Jose-based fight team.

“We’re looking for guys who want to work with us and not against us, and frankly I’m just so [expletive] sick of this [expletive] it’s not even funny,” White told Yahoo Sports. “Affliction is still out there trying to build its company. Let [Fitch] go work with them. Let him see what he thinks of those [expletives]. [Expletive] him. These guys aren’t partners with us. [Expletive] them. All of them, every last [expletive] one of them.”

Christian Wellisch, an AKA teammate of Fitch, was also released on Wednesday, said Fitch. Wellisch had also received an agreement for a pending bout that was later retracted.

“They cut him from the organization first, I think as kind of a scare for me and [Josh] Koscheck and Cain [Velasquez],” said Fitch. “I guess Cain Velasquez wouldn’t sign under his contract and they we’re saying that after his fight he was done and they weren’t going to re-up his contract. I think the same thing goes for Koscheck. I think they would drop him right now too, if he wasn’t fighting on the 10th, if he wasn’t headlining that show –- so they can’t drop him.”

Koscheck faces Yoshiyuki Yoshida at UFC “Fight for the Troops” on Dec. 10 at the Crown Coliseum in Fayetteville, N.C.

Fitch had won eight straight fights before dropping a gutsy decision to St. Pierre. His undefeated run tied Royce Gracie’s for the most consecutive wins in the UFC.

With his dismissal, Fitch said he will likely lose 75-80 percent of his sponsorship monies. Earlier this year, Fitch and other AKA fighters were asked by the UFC to sign a separate merchandising agreement in perpetuity. Many of the squad declined the offer.

“I never wanted anything more than to fight in the UFC and be a UFC champ,” said Fitch. “I put in a lot of blood and guts and sweat and tears into this and this is my reward I guess.”