Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

i have no desire to change your sig, which = greatness at its current stage. i'll just take the bragging rights

i obviously think Nog will beat Mir, but his match with Lesnar could look like a repeat of his fight against Bob Sapp. only Nog is alot slower now and Brock is alot faster and more skilled than Sapp. Nog can't be killed, let alone stopped, so i think he'll pull out some kind of leg lock to sub brock

:notworthy Thank you!

Bragging rights are all yours man. :cheers:

I think the Nog fight will go the same way too. Brock may be able to use his strength to throw Nog around some but Nog is way more dangerous than Frank Mir was when it comes to leaving a limb out to get caught in a lock. And from what I can see Lesnar goes into instinct mode and loses his gameplan during fights which is dangerous to do when you are a wrestler fighting a jiu jitsu stud like Nog.

I'm not sure I'm taking Nog over Mir. This is not a prediction. I'm just saying I'm not ready to call it yet.

99- Is it just me or does anyone else think Randy did a bit too well against Lesnar to say he's really that good? I still don't think he's shown anything more than brute strength so far. Strength is often enough but I'm not seeing a "great" wrestler. (Yet.)

Nog vs. Mir should be a lot better fight than it's getting credit for. People don't seem to be that excited about it but I think it's going to be a solid war.

I will however, take Nog over Mir. IMO, Nog is the #2 HW in the world hands down.

And you're right about Brock, he is pretty much just brute strength but the problem is guys haven't really found a blueprint to counter that yet save for Mir's ref-assisted kneebar.

As far as wrestling goes, Randy stood his ground in that aspect of the game which tells me maybe Brock isn't a great wrestler but a good wrestler with great strength.

This fight was very hard for me to pick it could've gone either way, but I took Randy based on experience. Randy is a great HW but Nog is even better and I think Nog will find a way to sub Brock.

Hell no. I think Nog will sub him. That's my initial guess, but I might change that before the fight, as Slacky knows that I did that with my Randy/Lesnar pick :D

Yeah like Chachie said Nog has to get through Mir first, which I don't think will be a problem but you never know.

This was one of the hardest fights for me to pick in recent memory besides maybe Anderson/Hendo.

BTW, I need to go watch this week's Sunny in Philly...I've got it DVR'd :D

:rolleyes: It always goes back to the "you haven't been between the ropes" argument. Whatever dude, that argument is so ridiculous. You don't have to be an MMA practitioner to observe and learn about all aspects of the sport. I've watched and discussed the sport for years with collegiate wrestlers and pro MMA fighters. Just because I'm a girl who hasn't been "between the ropes" doesn't mean anything whatsoever.

Randy's boxing has always been sharp. I never said otherwise. It's beyond me where you think I DID say otherwise. I said I saw Lesnar taking Randy down with a punch and grounding and pounding him. That's what I said....and that wasn't just a wild guess I took when I predicted that.

You can talk to Fedor, GSP and Anderson Silva at the same time for 3 weeks in a row and pick fights wrong. It's an inexact science. You're blowing hot air.

Knowing what it's like to be in an actual fight gives you an edge when looking at fighter's eyes. You can almost tell their confidence level and the nerves they're feeling. I never type about particulars, like I know in great detail what UFC fighters are doing out there, I just try to talk about as much as I know about a fighter's style and their current status as a professional.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

As far as wrestling goes, Randy stood his ground in that aspect of the game which tells me maybe Brock isn't a great wrestler but a good wrestler with great strength.

i think it says more about how high Randy's skill level is to be honest. brock is a great wrestler, Randy just happens to know every technique known to man

Yeah like Chachie said Nog has to get through Mir first, which I don't think will be a problem but you never know.

This was one of the hardest fights for me to pick in recent memory besides maybe Anderson/Hendo.

BTW, I need to go watch this week's Sunny in Philly...I've got it DVR'd :D

Yeah, Nog has to get through Mir, but I pick Nog. He's not going to make a silly mental error that will leave him vulnerable to a Mir submission.

Nog/Lesnar is a way harder fight for me to pick than Couture/Lesnar....just like Anderson/Hendo was a difficult fight to pick (I didn't write it on ES, but I picked Henderson in a decision against Anderson). Regardless, it should be a great fight which will be a lot of fun to watch.

Actually, the Lesnar/Couture game plan was fun to watch just b/c I wanted to see what Couture's game plan was coming out against another great wreslter. His gameplan was obvious with Tim Sylvia, but I was excited to see how he would plan for Lesnar. My respect for Couture led me to pick a 3rd round TKO against Couture instead of a second round. Suck!

BTW, It's Always Sunny is HILARIOUS this week. The Gange gets Extreme!! Extreme home Makeover. The leg splits are probably my favorite part...

Edited by Special K

i think it says more about how high Randy's skill level is to be honest. brock is a great wrestler, Randy just happens to know every technique known to man

Yep I definitely agree with this. Randy just may be the smartest fighter in MMA right now.

Yeah, Nog has to get through Mir, but I pick Nog. He's not going to make a silly mental error that will leave him vulnerable to a Mir submission.

Nog/Lesnar is a way harder fight for me to pick than Couture/Lesnar....just like Anderson/Hendo was a difficult fight to pick (I didn't write it on ES, but I picked Henderson in a decision against Anderson). Regardless, it should be a great fight which will be a lot of fun to watch.

Actually, the Lesnar/Couture game plan was fun to watch just b/c I wanted to see what Couture's game plan was coming out against another great wreslter. His gameplan was obvious with Tim Sylvia, but I was excited to see how he would plan for Lesnar. My respect for Couture led me to pick a 3rd round TKO against Couture instead of a second round. Suck!

BTW, It's Always Sunny is HILARIOUS this week. The Gange gets Extreme!! Extreme home Makeover. The leg splits are probably my favorite part...

I don't think Nog/Lesnar is that hard for me because we know Nog has an iron chin and can take a lot of punishment. We also know that he will capitalize on anything that Lesnar leaves open because like you said he's not going to make silly mental errors against anyone really and he's one of the sport's best in an area that is Lesnar's weakness.

I'll have to bump the Sunny thread after watching it. I'm hitting best buy this week and picking up last seasons' DVD!

I know a lot of hardcore MMA fans are having troubles reconciling how a WWE guy can come into the UFC and go 3-1 defeating perhaps the most beloved fighter of all time for the championship, but its time to face facts.

What does BL not have besides BJJ? He has great standup as evidenced by him DROPPING every fighter he has faced with a single punch at some time during their fight. World class wrestling.

****, Matt Hughes carved out an entire career as perhaps the best middleweight ever with pretty much the same gameplan as Brock; except Hughes didn't have any standup.

BTW, I am not an amateur fighter so take this opinion with a grain of salt. I haven't looked into any of these fighter's eyes and looked into their soul.

I know a lot of hardcore MMA fans are having troubles reconciling how a WWE guy can come into the UFC and go 3-1 defeating perhaps the most beloved fighter of all time for the championship, but its time to face facts.

What does BL not have besides BJJ? He has great standup as evidenced by him DROPPING every fighter he has faced with a single punch at some time during their fight. World class wrestling.

****, Matt Hughes carved out an entire career as perhaps the best middleweight ever with pretty much the same gameplan as Brock; except Hughes didn't have any standup.

BTW, I am not an amateur fighter so take this opinion with a grain of salt. I haven't looked into any of these fighter's eyes and looked into their soul.

Hughes was a welterweight. Didn't say I look in to any souls. It's more like a game of poker where it's easier to see "tells". Grandstand much?

I mean christ, the MMA atmosphere has developed a storm from Lesnar winning, and because I was close to flipping a coin, but ended up picking Randy, I'm getting flamed. I'm not trying to deny that Lesnar is a blessed and incredible athelete. He almost made the NFL as a walk-on, and just rolled in to the UFC and blew it up. I'm just trying to talk about MMA, that's all I'm here to do.

I don't think Nog/Lesnar is that hard for me because we know Nog has an iron chin and can take a lot of punishment. We also know that he will capitalize on anything that Lesnar leaves open because like you said he's not going to make silly mental errors against anyone really and he's one of the sport's best in an area that is Lesnar's weakness.

That sums it up. Lesnar looked good in the clinch though. I think to win he has to really stun Nog standing up and go for the takedown afterwards. Then commence with his pattented hammerfists that rival John Bonham's drum rolls. Hey.. kinda like his fight with Randy...

I'd take Nog for the same reason I should have taken Maia. A ground monster fighting someone with little knowledge of jiu jitsu.

I am OUT of here. I know, "good riddance".

I am a friend of Keeastman, I was told she was here, may I see her please?

Nope, she's making a statement.

Where is she.

It might take a while, if you want to wait there's a bench over there.

(looks around thread)....I'll be back.

i keep thinking about Randy's fights with Barnett and Ricco, big guys who had some wrestling experience, both gave him hell. i won't be shocked at all if Randy wins, i just don't think he will

http://sherdog.com/news/articles/pros-picks-couture-vs-lesnar-15167

^^^pro-picks for Couture/Lesnar

The Final Tallies

Pros who picked Couture: 28

Pros who picked Lesnar: 6

No pick: 10

:rotflmao:

Almost every fighter took Randy.

In another news 8 out of 10 wives of wrestlers took Lesnar :silly:

:(

I'm sorry dude. I had a few sips of alcohol, fine, a lot of sips of alcohol last night and went off...way more than I should have. Yikes.

I really apologize for saying people didn't know what the hell they were talking about in this thread. There are actually several knowledgeable regular posters in here in my opinion, Sebowski being one of them. :)

Yep I definitely agree with this. Randy just may be the smartest fighter in MMA right now.
Agreed. It's fun watching him fight because you are always able to see an intelligent, well thought out gameplan.

I'll have to bump the Sunny thread after watching it. I'm hitting best buy this week and picking up last seasons' DVD!

Fair points. Don't disagree with you at all. Nog hs a way better chance against Lesnar IMO. And yes, Season 3 Sunny DVD is a fantastic investment. I watch it over and over with my friends all the time and got it for all my family members. :D

Didn't say I look in to any souls. It's more like a game of poker where it's easier to see "tells".
We all have the same view of the fighter's "soulful" eyes on TV.
I am a friend of Keeastman, I was told she was here, may I see her please?

Nope, she's making a statement.

Where is she.

It might take a while, if you want to wait there's a bench over there.

(looks around thread)....I'll be back.

???
Almost every fighter took Randy.

In another news 8 out of 10 wives of wrestlers took Lesnar :silly:

Yep, I was completely wrong in assuming more fighters would have taken Lesnar. Interestingly I talked to my guy this morning and he said that almost every wrestler he was watching the fights with at the OTC picked Randy as well.

And to make your post more accurate, it should be 8 out of 10 wrestlers' fiancees picked Lesnar...Matt has not entered that circle of hell of having me as his wife just yet... :silly:

I'll bet whoever wants to that Lesnar destroys Nog. Lesnar will overwhelm him thier is 0 chance Nog hurts him standing and i truly believe Lesnar can knock him out if he chooses to keep it standing. Lesnar has knocked down all 3 opponents in the UFC with virtual ease and KO'd Randy with a glancing shot.

The only way NOG gets the fight to the ground is if Lesnar takes it to the mat. I think Brock is to strong and big in his upperbody to be caught in a submission from the guard atleast a upperbody submission. It will take a some sorta ankle lock or knee bar to tap him.

I know everyone is saying Nog has never been finished etc but he will be in this fight its just to much man. I love Nog he has 1 of the biggest hearts in MMA but i think its a terrible matchup for him. And lets be honest he has'nt looked that impressive standing since joining the UFC, big Tim was working him over before getting subbed and Herring had him out, but he let him get up that fight was over and shoulda been his 1st KO loss.

If i'm Brock i standup and bang the fight will go wherever Brock wants it to. He will dictate everything in this fight.