Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

UFC 68 card with odds, picks, and link to sherdog's review:

Matt Hamill -274

Rex Holman +244

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=6861&my_page=4

-I'm not a fan of Hamill and hope he losses. I don;t know Holman at al. Sherdog says he is 4-1, has a wrestling background and has stopped 3 opponents with strikes. That, and the odds tell me he has a shot to beat Hamill.

Gleison Tibau -247

Jason Dent +227

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=6861&my_page=3

-Tibau is 19 years old, and 11-4 in MMA. That is nuts. Most even fight of the night odds-wise.

Jamie Varner -378

Jason Gilliam +338

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=6861&my_page=2

-Don't know much about either fighter. Varner did alright against Hermes Franca, and Dent is undefeated. Should could be a good fight.

Jon Fitch -321

Luigi Fioravanti +291

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=6861&my_page=5

Fitch is the most underrated 170 fighter in the UFC. He hasn't lost since 2002Expect to see him on the main cards after he destroys Luigi.

Martin Kampmann -260

Drew McFedries +240

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=6871&my_page=2

This should be a stand-up war. I think Kampmann's Muai Thai will be too much.

Renato Sobral -437

Jason Lambert +397

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=6871&my_page=3

Babalu is back! And it is about time. Babalu is great fighter who has been the victim of two highlight reel KO's by Chuck Lidell. Other than Liddell, Babalu has beaten everyone he has faced since January 2002 with wins over Hron and Shogun. Tito talked mad smack about him being overreated ater the last Chuck fight. I am hoping the UFC hasn't told Ortiz his next opponent yet because they are waiting to see how this fight turns out. If Babalu wins he should get Tito. Lambert is a decent fighter, but he will be no match for Babalu.

Rich Franklin -404

Jason MacDonald +374

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=6871&my_page=4

Franklin's comeback fight in his hometown. Anderson Silva made Rich Franklin look as bad Nate Quarry looked against Franklin. But Rich Franklin is no Nate Quarry. This guy was unstoppable until the UFC signed Silva. I like MacDonald, but I seee Franklin making a statement here.

Matt Hughes -626

Chris Lytle +576

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=6871&my_page=5

Fight is a joke. With so many talented 170lb fighters, and Hughes talking retirement(hasn't since the loss to GSP though) the UFC is really wasting Hughes here

Tim Sylvia -275

Randy Couture +255

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=6871&my_page=6

I think Coutre is a very smart fighter and didn't come out of retirement unless he thought he could really exploit Tim. I think Randy will make the fight very interesting. I don;t expect a boring fight.

I don't like Sylvia, but I love the idea of Cro-Cop vs. Sylvia. That has me leaning a little toward wanting Sylvia to win (although even with a loss the matchup would likely happen sooner or later).

I'm on the fence with who I really think is going to win. For the record I'll go ahead and pick Randy.

Anybody watching UFC 68 tonight? I'm thinking of getting it, but there hasn't been much talk about it.

I'll be watching it. Hoping for some upsets. I don't really expect it but hopefully Hughes and Franklin some how lose. Not sure if I want Slyvia to lose because I really want to see CroCop take his head off.

I'll be watching it. Hoping for some upsets. I don't really expect it but hopefully Hughes and Franklin some how lose. Not sure if I want Slyvia to lose because I really want to see CroCop take his head off.

I'm trying to figure out if $39.95 is worth it. :laugh: I'm a big fan of Hughes so I want him to make another run at the title. Rich Franklin, I like, but after what happened to him and his nose . . . I feel sorry for the guy. :D I'm not a big fan of Sylvia. He reminds me of a guy that I fought. Long story short, I lost. Just too ****in' big! :D

I'm trying to figure out if $39.95 is worth it. :laugh: I'm a big fan of Hughes so I want him to make another run at the title. Rich Franklin, I like, but after what happened to him and his nose . . . I feel sorry for the guy. :D I'm not a big fan of Sylvia. He reminds me of a guy that I fought. Long story short, I lost. Just too ****in' big! :D

I try to rationalize purchasing it by thinking if I were to go out tonight, I'd spend that much anyway. I'll be watching and I'll be in this thread.

Go Randy (Gotta love the old vet playing David to Tim's Goliath.)

Go Rich (Nice guy, needs a victory. Jason has been a world-beater lately though- look for a better fight than it may seem.)

Matt? I don't know if I want Matt to win but I'm not big on Chris Lytle.

HOLY SH! I did not see Babalu taking that L.

No doubt. Shocker. He gassed hard though. Tough to see it happen but Lambert took Babalu's best and gave it back in spades.

Matt won an easy decision and Franklin TKOed McDonald who was clearly outclassed.

Slyvia is a bum. Props for Randy but he better get to training if he wants to keep that belt.

Sylvia is a big, giant bum. I totally agree. Post fight interview, he says he came into this fight with an injury. :laugh: Hey Tim . . . 5-0, 5 rounds to none, Randy unscathed and your eye ****ed up. You lost. Get over it.

I don't think Tim is a bum I think he is a very smart fighter he just does what it takes to win.. Randy is just a great fighter look at how easily he dominated him and just took him down at will.. Randy shoulda never went away losing to Chuck is nothing to hang your head about that guy is a animal..

To me Hughes is done yes he won but was'nt impressive GSP is gonna eat his lunch again.. I wanna see Franklin get his rematch if they do indeed do it in Cincy that is a huge advantage..

Babula was so close to getting his back and finishing then wow he got merked..

A pretty good event - Randy beating Tim was great. He just dominated the big man in every facet of the fight. Now, it'd be interesting to see if CropCop will be Couture's next opponent, or if they'll have something such as a rematch next. Actually, I'd like to see Couture fight Fedor: I think that would be a great match-up.

How great is that, though: In two back-to-back weekends, two classic fighters in Henderson and Couture win belts against known fighters in Silva and Sylvia. Fanastic stuff, and why MMA is one of the best sports around.

Randy will defintely test CROCOP's ground game no doubt about that but if he stands up and trys to exhange he's gonna get caught with a high kick.. I think it would be a great style matchup.. Randy is about the same weight has CROCOP anyway.. I think Fedor would kill Randy but hey you never know how big a warriors heart is.. Chuck talked about moving up to fight CROCOP after Rampage this might be getting real interesting this year in the heavyweight division..

Cro Cop has never been pinned against a cage before. Randy will pin him against the cage at some point. Cro Cop better be training for a clinch against the cage, and be ready for elbows. Two things he is not used to.

I still see Cro Cop knocking Randy out, but Randy can win that fight if he can use the cage to his advantage and take Cro Cop down.

Cro Cop has never been pinned against a cage before. Randy will pin him against the cage at some point. Cro Cop better be training for a clinch against the cage, and be ready for elbows. Two things he is not used to.

I still see Cro Cop knocking Randy out, but Randy can win that fight if he can use the cage to his advantage and take Cro Cop down.

He hasn't fought that much in a cage, at least in the past, but he has had to deal with takedown attempts while clinching and pinned against the corner and ropes of a ring (ala PRIDE). Just last night, I was watching the second CC vs. Silva fight, and he was clinching a decent bit against the ropes in that fight (when he wasn't smashing Silva...). I think his TD defense, and past fight experience in PRIDE, is good enough to translate well into the Octagon in the UFC. And I am he is getting lots of practice in the Octagon while training for the UFC.

But, point taken on your observation - that is probably one of the few advantages that Randy may have against CC.

Pride has canceled their next US show. I don't know what to think. I ain't a big fan of the US rules but things don't look good for Pride.

3540-headline.jpg

Breaking News on MMAWeekly: Nick Diaz has failed the drug test that he took shortly before his win over Takanori Gomi at Pride 33: The Second Coming. Diaz tested positive for marijuana, according to the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

Diaz will have an opportunity to defend himself at a Nevada State Athletic Commission hearing in the future.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=3540&zoneid=1

3540-headline.jpg

Breaking News on MMAWeekly: Nick Diaz has failed the drug test that he took shortly before his win over Takanori Gomi at Pride 33: The Second Coming. Diaz tested positive for marijuana, according to the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

Diaz will have an opportunity to defend himself at a Nevada State Athletic Commission hearing in the future.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=3540&zoneid=1

Wow. I'm a Diaz fan. I hope he gets this cleared up or doesn't get in too much trouble.

Pride has canceled their next US show. I don't know what to think. I ain't a big fan of the US rules but things don't look good for Pride.

3540-headline.jpg

For pot? Are you freaking kidding me? YTF do they test for pot anyway? Coke I can see, it can make you feel invinsible but pot. I just don't understand it. It's not a performance enhancer; if anything it does the opposite. I feel the same way about them testing for it in the NFL. I know it's illegal but what's the harm in smoking a little herb to combat the pain caused by a grueling NFL season. Again it's not helping them on the field or giving them an unfair advantage so who cares?

For pot? Are you freaking kidding me? YTF do they test for pot anyway? Coke I can see, it can make you feel invinsible but pot. I just don't understand it. It's not a performance enhancer; if anything it does the opposite. I feel the same way about them testing for it in the NFL. I know it's illegal but what's the harm in smoking a little herb to combat the pain caused by a grueling NFL season. Again it's not helping them on the field or giving them an unfair advantage so who cares?

Because, as you said, it's illegal. They test for a myriad of things that aren't necessarily "performance enhancers". He should've known better. If he wasn't such an arrogant prick, he wouldn't have. All I can say is Nick better stick to fighting LW's. He doesn't have much of a future against guys heavier/stronger than he is. And yes, I don't like him, as you can tell. :mad: